+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: a plea to the pvp community and rifts devs please read and please add comments

Default a plea to the pvp community and rifts devs please read and please add comments

first off there is no grammar and my spelling is not the best so if you wish to correct it im sure my teachers would have loved you so apologies ahead of time as it has been a long night but im looking for some constructive input as i really hope trion staff do read this and address a ever growing problem with pvp as per other posts i feel pvp has been handed the short end of the stick and pve has been favored and i know it has upset alot of players even to the point of leaving the game so im here to take some time outta my day to throw around some ideas and hope the pvp community will add to this thread with there own ideas and maybe have some implemented in the game in the future before we lose even more players and lose a great game as the mmo world is seriously lacking in quality games now a days now with that outta the way here are some of my ideas thank you

rifts started with two fractions we cant say even with the merger of fractions that everyone said oh yes lets join forces fraction zone events defients storming santum guardians storming meridian both fractions fighting over tempest bay where players of respected fractions could join in either side and aid there npc allies in the fight
    i have seen many threads over time on arena fights give them what they want but make it where you can do 2vs2 5v5 7vs7 even a free for all mode would be cool every person for them selfs and have a king of the hill kinda idea
    look into the balancing system in warfronts as i have seen many matches lost do to not getting any healers on your team where the opposing team gets 5
    now almost every mmo has pvp tournaments we have a leader board system in the game would like to see that updated and used for seasonal tournaments for pvp where the people in the top say 5 places get a mount and a wardrobe armor set based on what they where the best in ie best healers get a healer mount and healer armor with no stats just bragging rights same goes for the people who do the most damage or most killing blows most healing in the season
    ii would suggest rethinking the xp and favor system based more on participation as i have seen many times where people seem to want to get carried and give free stuff so simple solution is give players bonuses for capturing flags returning stones carrying the fang or rune destroying the target saving people who almost die as per when i look at the results in a match win or lose i noticed most people on the team are all pretty much even unless using vials or what not i think to encourage teamwork and contribution more people would be happy instead of feeling they are carrying there teammates
    now this was mentioned in another thread of who the author i have forgotten and im sorry for that but they mentioned about having rifts open up and monster attacking say wining team or whatnot and it made me remember the first time i saw the trailer for rifts now trion has told us all many of time that they want to give us dynamic content well sure they have done that many times over and i give them props for all they have done but i cant be the only one wondering where this dynamic content is in pvp when i saw the trailer for rifts originally i was like amazing that would be one great idea for pvp be in a match then rifts open up and pour out enemy's and be forced to set aside your differences to take them out these new foes or sneak up and kill them when there being attacked by the monsters then your stuck facing them
    all in all i have been greatly impressed with what trion has done and they have made an amazing game but i have been around to watch the numbers drop and drop and drop and i have seen many designs made that i don't agree with at all others i understand but to me if we don't stick together and help trion solve the issue of pvp im afraid that pvp in rifts will be just a lost cause and that i know will hurt the game even more would it still go on im sure but as it has been going it will just limp on there is only so many shard mergers and so many fractions that can be merged before people just realize nobody is here any thoughts or comments please leave sorry this was long winded but it is an important issue at least to me as i do love this game and would like to see it grow and be made better for all of us to enjoy hopefully we will be able to say the same on rifts 10th birthday

Lol dude. Like not 1 paragraph break and the control-f didn't find the first period until after your post. You really think anybody is going to read that?

If you want to convey a message, learn how to properly convey one. I wish you had listened to your teachers. What the heck is this.

Stopped reading when I realized the wall of text started out with "I don't care about grammar and my teachers would [into the endless no period land]."

Please post when you are sober.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-02-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Soulwalker

The only thing i understood was you'd like cosmetic rewards for pvp...however, I"m sure i'm missing several other points you were trying to make.

Like the OP said, try putting some breaks in your sentences. You can't write streams of consciousness and expect even some of the people to understand what you are trying to convey.

Paragraphs are your friend. So is double spacing.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

if you care enough about pvp spend a few mins and read it i know its long winded but has some good points i took the time to write it if you cant take the time to read it then dont post a comment on it

Quote Originally Posted by murabika View Post
    if you care enough about pvp spend a few mins and read it i know its long winded but has some good points i took the time to write it if you cant take the time to read it then dont post a comment on it
    Your post hurts my eyes.

It strains my eyes trying to read it. I'm not trying to be mean, but it does.

yalldonthateonmebecauseidontusespacesorpunctuation

well i can now see why trion doesnt get feedback i can only hope that one staff member reads this and maybe its sparks something cause if the community cant take the time to read it and help then i guess the game is lost and pvp will fail but im not gonna waste my day arguing over grammar and punctuation when it was posted mine suck yet that is all people have to add to the thread i was truthfully hoping for better but i can see it wont happen just remember at the end of the day only the community can make or break a game not the devs

I would like to point out that the OP has given more effort responding to complaints about his post than the effort he put into making his original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    I would like to point out that the OP has given more effort responding to complaints about his post than the effort he put into making his original post.
    well considering that all people can do is complain about punctuation can grammar would have gladly liked to have see the community add to my ideas and post there own on how to save pvp and make it even better sense this section of the forums is dedicated to pvp not to grammar or punctuation but sa la vie

well considering that all people can do is complain about punctuation can grammar would have gladly liked to have see the community add to my ideas and post there own on how to save pvp and make it even better sense this section of the forums is dedicated to pvp not to grammar or punctuation but sa la vie
    It is incredibly easy to use proper grammar and punctuation, most people don't care if you miss some obscure rules.

Posting like you do shows a complete lack of care and utter laziness which garners the responses in this thread.

So stop being lazy and post better.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Paragraphs are your friend. So is double spacing.
    Submitted the copy/paste to a word count. 858 words and not a single period. I was better at writing when I was in 2nd grade. No really. I used periods in second grade. Normally I don't like to grammar pick but, this is astonishing to me still.

In the real world, communication and how effective you are at it, is pretty king and is what will get you and your mind places. It is also what will help people see what is on your mind and your point of view. You have worst clarity and writing communication than most elementary school students. You'd be surprised how much people would actually pay attention to the content of your post instead of your nightmare grammar flawed post that no sane adult would want to strain to read. Like really dude, we aren't talking about Grade C or B level writing. You would get an very in depth F if you handed in something like this to any teacher in elementary, middle school, highschool, college, and work places wouldn't even take you serious.

This isn't public speaking. It is public writing.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-02-2012 at 12:20 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

ooook, let's see if this helps.

Default a plea to the pvp community and rifts devs please read and please add comments

First off there is no grammar and my spelling is not the best, so if you wish to correct it, I'm sure my teachers would have loved you.

So apologies ahead of time as it has been a long night ,but im looking for some constructive input ,as I really hope trion staff do read this- and address a ever growing problem with pvp.

As per other posts, I feel pvp has been handed the short end of the stick.

Pve has been favored and I know it has upset alot of players , even to the point of leaving the game.

So, I'm here to take some time outta my day,to throw around some ideas ...and hope the pvp community will add to this thread with their own ideas.

And perhaps have some implemented in the game in the future, before we lose even more players.. and lose a great game.

Because the mmo world is seriously lacking in quality games now a days... now with that outta the way here are some of my ideas thank you:

Rifts started with two factions. We can't say even with the merger of fractions that everyone said "oh yes lets join forces" Faction zone events, Defiants storming Santum , Guardians storming Meridian.

Both factions fighting over Tempest Bay, where players of respected factions could join in either side and aid theirnpc allies in the fight.

I have seen many threads over time, on arena fights. Give them what they want, but make it where you can do 2vs2 5v5 7vs7 ...even a free for all mode would be cool. Every person for them selves and have a king of the hill kinda idea.

Look into the balancing system in warfronts. As I have seen many matches lost due to not getting any healers on your team, where the opposing team gets 5.

Now almost every mmo has pvp tournaments. We have a leader board system in the game.

I would like to see that updated and used for seasonal tournaments for pvp, where the people in the top 5 places get a mount , a wardrobe armor set based on what they were the best in.

IE; best healers get a healer mount and healer armor with no stats... just bragging rights.

The same goes for the people who do the most damage, or most killing blows, most healing in the season.

Iwould suggest rethinking the xp and favor system based more on participation.

Because I have seen many times, where people seem to want to get carried and give free stuff. So, the simple solution is give players bonuses for capturing flags, returning stones, carrying the fang or rune, destroying the target..saving people who almost die.

Because, when I look at the results in a match win or lose; I noticed most people on the team are all pretty much even.. unless using vials or what not.

I think to encourage teamwork and contribution more people would be happy instead of feeling they are carrying there teammates.

Now this was mentioned in another thread, of who the author I have forgotten, I'm sorry for that- but they mentioned about having rifts open up and monster attacking say wining team, or whatnot and it made me remember the first time i saw the trailer for rifts.

Now Trion has told us all many times, that they want to give us dynamic content. Well sure, they have done that many times over. I give them props for all they have done, but I can't be the only one wondering where this dynamic content is in pvp.

When I saw the trailer for rifts originally, I was like; "amazing, that would be one great idea for pvp": Be in a match then rifts open up, pour out enemy's ...and be forced to set aside your differences to take them out. These new foes or sneak up and kill them, when thery're being attacked by the monsters, then your stuck facing them.

All in all, I have been greatly impressed with what Trion has done, they have made an amazing game.

But, I have been around to watch the numbers drop and drop and drop. I have seen many designs made, that I don't agree with at all. Others I understand.. but to me, if we don't stick together and help Trion solve the issue of pvp, I'm afraid that pvp in rifts will be just a lost cause.

And that, I know, will hurt the game even more.

Would it still go on? I'm sure... but as it has been going, it will just limp on.

There's only so many shard mergers and so many fractions that can be merged, before people just realize nobody is here.

Any thoughts or comments? Please leave them below.

Sorry this was long winded, but it is an important issue at least to me. Because I do love this game and I would like to see it grow and be made better for all of us to enjoy.

Hopefully we will be able to say the same on rifts 10th birthday

@OP, I do like some of your ideas.

Misun for Prez
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread