+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: DPS Souls that feel out of line in pvp:

Telaran

Default DPS Souls that feel out of line in pvp:

of late i've noticed that in pvp certain damage souls seem either way high or way low in pvp relative to the others.

When it comes to killing people like nothing, marksman in particular are extremely powerful. i'm pretty sure i've never been killed so fast by any class, although assassin bleed ticking crits for 1500+ is questionable too, when the most powerful dots a cleric has available, scourge and the shaman water strike dot, tick for ~500, 750 on crits.

It also seems like tempest damage is very high - though this could largely be because, much like marksman, nearly everything is instant. there's really no way to deal with a tempest beyond try and pew pew him faster than he pew pews you (unlikely, unless you are marksman).

I havent noticed anything out of line with mages as of yet. or at least not so far as for me to think "that CANT be intended".

as a general note it seems like aoe dps in general got hit a little too hard in pvp - i'm not saying cabalist/champion/stormcaller/saboteurs should be gods of the pvp scene, but they should at least be usable

while we're on the topic, whats the deal with the weekly including port scion? port scion doesnt even show up in the random warfront rotation that i've ever seen. is it even enabled in random?

There's so many that have certain abilities that are out of line that it would take far too long to list them here.

Let's just say Rogues have the most variety of broken.

Plane Walker

Scion is available in random, it's just that scion is long so chances are it's full or you missed getting in since you were doing another wf.

Bladedancer is derpy cuz everyone and their mom likes to range and run around.
    Ranger is kinda meh as a main spec for pvp since it pales in front of mm.
    Tactician drops like a brick in an outhouse when you're targeted and not getting any heals. (any class that doesn't have survival skills really.) Hit hard though but you'll have to actually aim manually.
    Assassin is getting great at one vs one or two, but dies to crowds, I have fun getting people near death then dying when I realize it's 6 vs 1.

Just some things at the top of my head.

I have rolled rogue yesterday started warfronts being lvl 50, it is insane... nb/rs specc is way too hardcore i was topping leaderboards like 90% of all warfronts i've been in except there was another nb/rs with higherlvl/eq who was #1 then
    sometimes good cleric's were on top too and some warriors but never ever a mage at all

MM, Sin, Tempest, possibly Saboteur, possibly Pyromancer (surprisingly), and probably Inquisitor (lolnysyr) are the pure dps outliers from what I've seen. NB/RS and Strente's VK spec are the strong hybrids, though I don't consider them to be that far out of line.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    MM, Sin, Tempest, possibly Saboteur, possibly Pyromancer (surprisingly), and probably Inquisitor (lolnysyr) are the pure dps outliers from what I've seen. NB/RS and Strente's VK spec are the strong hybrids, though I don't consider them to be that far out of line.
    nb/rs is by far the most op specc atm (my opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by Quarolise View Post
    nb/rs is by far the most op specc atm (my opinion)
    Well, hopefully I can see it in action performing as OP as people say it is.

They said that about NB/RS prior to 1.11, too, mind you, and I never felt that way.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Well, hopefully I can see it in action performing as OP as people say it is.

They said that about NB/RS prior to 1.11, too, mind you, and I never felt that way.
    give it a try, play 1hour nb/rs in warfronts and then switch to a mage and play 1h warfronts
    then afterwards u'll see mage is useless in pvp atm :<

rogues can't hit for 4k plz buff rogue

RS/NB is not OP as in "i can drop you in 4/5s , i will do 50 KB and you wont touch me once for the whole WF coz i have mobility you never dreamed of MMstyle " it's op as in "i decided to take this squishy target down right in the middle of its group and there is nothing that will prevent me from doing so.. it might take me a little time but i ahve a good amount of mitigation CD and my damage output while not crazy will kill that target whatever it or his group does; hey i might be actually in great shape after the first kill to tunnel vision a second target".
    basically this spec is king of the hill when there is no healing, its damage/mitigation ratio (usually 1:1 or 1:1.5 with very acceptable damage done) is just crazy. as said many times it's an easy spec to play but in the proper hands it's pretty lethal.

mage is not useless , it's quite balanced, pyro needs to be reviewed so that the average damage output stays the same but the burst of prime/fulminate (10k+)+fusiallade(8K+) gets toned down. it's just as dangerous as nysyr at the moment, except it requires 3 GCD and an actual cast time for fusillade....

adjudst a few rogue specs (MM/SIN) and nysyr derps, give melee warriors their precious snare back (but not for free it has to be in exchange of something as most souls across the board lost their snare).
    Then after properly monitoring the situation (aka nerver nerf and buff in the same patch),increase non instant healing spells the proper amount and reduce shields on clerics so that they have means to heal a focused target properly and sustain personal aggro but are not unkillable by 3+ people again (we dont want to see heal debuffs back)......

yeah i wish it was that simple
    Last edited by littlepoit; 12-02-2012 at 04:59 AM.

Sin and BD might eat a nerf - it wouldn't surprise me.

MM I think is lack of people seeing what other rogue specs can push out. In the end, even running a MM synergy crystal, they still boil down to being a good machine..a fluid soul in pvp. However, I don't think their damage out-out is OP at all when I stack it up next to my other specs (they really have no potent aoes). I haven't tried much out of 61mm but, with the 61pt and 58pt being such good abilities, I am have not found other setups I prefer. Ya we play the same MM, were just all not impressed as easily or have different comparative things.

NB damage feels weak. Tried it first hand and seen them against me. Not impressed at all by it's damage out-out, even with SoD up. It used to be one of my nastiest full spec souls. Always ripped things up harder than any spec I had. Now I can't make it glassy enough to do damage that I feel outshines my other specs at all.

Sab doesn't feel out of line. If anything their aoe feels just ever so slightly tuned too low for my tastes. Or I haven't been willing to give up my 61 spec to put more umph into core abilities, QQ.

I tried ranger. Still Jurassic Park. Heard some say they like it. Not sure what they like about it.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-02-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Master

I think they should turn down all damage by 10% for starters. Then reel in some of the outliers (nysyr's, fusillade, mm in general, sin in general, tempest in general).

Other than maybe prime -> fusillade, pyro is a pretty good model for how you build a bursty dps soul. Serious burst potential, but plenty of setup - at least for fulminate. Very squishy, very limited CC. By comparison, tempest is pushing similar numbers but seems a lot more durable. MM is squishier but a lot more mobile and hits leven harder, plus that silence is still very out of line in terms of raw up-time potential.

Mage is definitely the fat kid on the playground right now.

Pyro is quite crazy burst right now but it requires some set up. But what i want to see if some SC action. I miss the good ole days as Pyrocaller and only using insta cast spells and killing everyone those where the days.

MM I think is lack of people seeing what other rogue specs can push out. In the end, even running a MM synergy crystal, they still boil down to being a good machine..a fluid soul in pvp. However, I don't think their damage out-out is OP at all when I stack it up next to my other specs (they really have no potent aoes). I haven't tried much out of 61mm but, with the 61pt and 58pt being such good abilities, I am have not found other setups I prefer. Ya we play the same MM, were just all not impressed as easily or have different comparative things.
    ha , the denial phase starts. though i'm not sure your line of defense "some rogues specs are even more OP so people shouldnt notice this one " very clever
    so you are saying MM underperforms and should be given an AOE buff to be as effective as other rogue souls ?
    i'm not impressed by the skill required to play a MM as well i can just observe just how effective they are in WF.....

very limited CC
    i don't really get this one, i wish all mage souls had the cc toolbox the pyro has.
    Last edited by littlepoit; 12-02-2012 at 07:34 PM.

i remember one low level rogue pm me, and he ask me what class is best or op in pvp and i just say to him Saiargjinu ...buahahaah

PS: on a serious note about the thread , tier 3 pvp sets will change allot , huge damage will be medium when all will have the right gear , no need for tears girls

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast