+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: forced into pve, kicking and screaming.

Default forced into pve, kicking and screaming.

why are we forced to pve for infinity marks to buy pvp gear?

why not favor + old pvp gear?

the time wasted...yes, wasted...in GRINDING pve marks is time i'd rather spend pvping.

fail more on pvp please trion, there are still a few of use left managing to find some megre enjoyment in your game that have yet to be driven away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Yes.
    Last edited by Rahak; 11-30-2012 at 11:27 PM.
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

PVP in this game is getting worse all the time.

This is just another example of why it's so terrible.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

I've gotten 340 IS so far. Just man up and do for your toon what you need to do. when I put my mind to it I got like 100 today. It won't kill you. Can either get them with easy-peasy zone events and carnage kills in between ques or wait for CQ. They will come with CQ though, that is pretty obvious by design. But seriously, these things are easy to get. If you want your toon to be better, you'll warp your happy self out to Steppes of Infinity and get them. I understand not wanting to raid or do dungeons for pvp stuff. But a temporary method that requires zoning into the world and doing minor participation.

If you can't be hassled to do stuff that goes on in the world, or even touch fluffy world events because they aren't PuRe PvP then Rift really isn't a game for you. Oh wait, thankfully when CQ comes out you won't even have to do world stuff. But we will sit silently as they re-introduce CQ power - which makes it obligatory for everyone to do CQ to perform optimal in pve settings. Why don't we out-cry when the inverse of our logic is applied in our favor unto others dismay? This board will sit oblivious to that logic still whining about easy and meaningless things that simply connect the dots to a complete game.

I got nothing, continue all your dismay and upsetting thoughts.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

omgwtfRAWR! what sort of tom foolery, has you playing the game, to get stuffz?

but anywho, my take on it is, it should help encourage open world pvp.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    But we will sit silently as they re-introduce CQ power - which makes it obligatory for everyone to do CQ to perform optimal in pve settings. Why don't we out-cry when the inverse of our logic is applied in our favor unto others dismay? This board will sit oblivious to that logic still whining about easy and meaningless things that simply connect the dots to a complete game.
    and PvEers will be totaly right to complain about having to do pvp CQs to perform in pve. we wont see such complaints here though....they'll be posted in pve sub-forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    but anywho, my take on it is, it should help encourage open world pvp.
    on the only pvp server remaining: Seastone, the gaurdians in open world outnumber the defiants ten to one. no chance as a defiant to participate in any zone events. you're corpse camped and spawn camped for the duration. so much for open world pvp.

I've gotten 340 IS so far. Just man up and do for your toon what you need to do. when I put my mind to it I got like 100 today. It won't kill you. Can either get them with easy-peasy zone events and carnage kills in between ques or wait for CQ.
    good work on totaly missing the point. i'm glad you enjoy grinding mindless unchallenging pve, i dont, and resent being FORCED to do so to aquire what is strictly pvp gear. gear that is greatly inferior to pve gear for anything but pvp.
    as for CQs. there are currently no CQs...and no timeline for when it will be re-introduced. as such CQ is completely irrelevent to this topic.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Dead accurate about the kicking and screaming part. Sounds like my 8 year old self trying to beat Zelda.

If you choose to make CQ irrelavent, you choose to ignore an obvious incoming feature. Also, you choose to not make your toon better. It is simple. No CQ out. So if you want IS, go get them from the world or wait for CQ. Put up or shut up, just sick of the moaning.

It is pretty easy though.

Wait for CQ
    Go into the world

There is no crying in Rift(ball).
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-01-2012 at 07:31 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Soulwalker

Dead accurate about the kicking and screaming part. Sounds like my 8 year old self trying to beat Zelda.

If you choose to make CQ irrelavent, you choose to ignore an obvious incoming feature. Also, you choose to not make your toon better. It is simple. No CQ out. So if you want IS, go get them from the world or wait for CQ. Put up or shut up, just sick of the moaning.

It is pretty easy though.

Wait for CQ
    Go into the world

There is no crying in Rift(ball).
    Wait for CQ? That once perma feature was removed from pvp players and is looking to be not added back into the loop till the new year. So CQ is irrelavent for the near future and we have to ignore this incoming feature because of this.

40 stones per essence, 100 per syn crystal and another 150 to upgrade. Now on the flip side let us say that the pve essence REQUIRED a pve player to collect 21k favor per essence for their essences, dont you think that a change would need to be added asap?

Just add stones to our weekly and dailies till this removed feature returns( with little change from what it once was, pve with the disguise of pvp ).

If you choose to make CQ irrelavent, you choose to ignore an obvious incoming feature.
    there is no choosing involved here at all.

there is currently no CQ.

let me restate that, because you seem more than just a little slow on the uptake....

there.....is....NO.....CQ.

currently (this might be a word you need to look up in the dictionary) the ONLY option for the currency required to purchase pvp items is to grind pve.

this is a problem.

this might not be a problem for you, since you seem so easilly amussed by simple things. but it IS a problem for pvp.
    Last edited by Kronos v; 12-01-2012 at 11:17 AM.

And this is on the list of why I'm taking my sweet, sweet time getting to 60.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post

the time wasted...yes, wasted...in GRINDING pve marks is time i'd rather spend pvping.

fail more on pvp please trion, there are still a few of use left managing to find some megre enjoyment in your game that have yet to be driven away.
    I thought the only PvP gear that has an Infinity Stone cost is the essences. Am I wrong about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    I thought the only PvP gear that has an Infinity Stone cost is the essences. Am I wrong about that?
    Crystal as well.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Crystal as well.
    Ah right. It is the same for raiders then.

Raiders don't get IS from doing dungeons or raids - they have to go out into the PvE world and do events and such too. Not sure why this is seen as a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    Ah right. It is the same for raiders then.

Raiders don't get IS from doing dungeons or raids - they have to go out into the PvE world and do events and such too. Not sure why this is seen as a big deal.
    Pve players do more pve to get crystal.
    Pvp players cant do more pvp to get crystal.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post

Indeed this is a good example of how Trion understand what people want for pvp and how pvp rewards should work.
    We need rewards for and from pvp ONLY gained in pvp activity and not pve..Marks rewards from pvp should be rewarded from pvp and not pve.
    I still hope devs will change how we get marks to buy pvp essences/gear/etc...
    Last edited by Saia; 12-01-2012 at 12:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast