+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Events ...WHY only for pve !!??We need pvp events Trion!!

Default Events ...WHY only for pve !!??We need pvp events Trion!!

Every few months we have new events ( pve ONLY events) with new mounts / costumes / useful gear etc. Why we dont have parallel events for pvp Trion ? Why is so hard to implement events for pvp just like the pve have , with different stages , new pvp ranks/gear/costumes/mounts and so on... why and how it is so hard to implement ?!
    Last edited by Saia; 11-30-2012 at 07:59 PM.

This is a game made by raiders, for raiders.

That's why.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Hmmm, I never really related those events to "pve catered" events. I mean, if you sum everything that isn't targetting a player and hitting buttons PvE then you will find yourself calling listing items on the broker playing PvE.

From what I understand, most the events seem to just be made from a premise where a solo lonely guy can participate and in his/her own time get the goodies they want. I guess they aren't pure pvp. But I don't recall having to run any dungeons or raids for them either. The most PvE I see events get is closing Rifts. But that is world content and the trademark of the game. You have to at least tolerate closing Rifts if you are playing Rift. Just as one had to accept questing in Everquest. I know name doesn't dictate pure content but. Just making that point for that singular example.

I think the events are neutral. I don't sum them up to PvE or PvP events. They are just simply Rift world events the solo player can participate in. /shrug
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-30-2012 at 08:03 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    This is a game made by raiders, for raiders.

That's why.
    Wrong ...this is not a pure pve game , and as i see ,Trion try to make all happy , pvp/pve players , hardcore/casuals.

I think devs should begin to work in 2 direction when they implement events, events for pve and events for pvp. Maybe same rewards or different rewards i dont care , the pvp crew need some love and it is sad that all the event bs are only for pve players...
    Last edited by Saia; 11-30-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saia View Post
    Wrong ...this is not a pure pve game , and as i see ,Trion try to make all happy , pvp/pve players , hardcore/casuals.
    We all used to think that way, once upon a time.

Many of us have been here since before the game officially launched...so we have been in it for awhile.

You'll see.

I think devs should begin to work in 2 direction when they implement events, events for pve and events for pvp. Maybe same rewards or different rewards i dont care , the pvp crew need some love and it is sad that all the event bs are only for pve players...
    A lot of raiders though could probably gives a rats behind about gathering shinies, or collecting fungus caps, or stomping balloons. That is what I mean by neutral. I've been a PvPer (now) and hardcore raider. I am not sure where people get this stigma in their head that raiders are all 12 year olds who love dancing around harvesting things. Reality is...A lot of raiders probably think the world events are just as mind numbing and pointless as pvpers. It's sort of demeaning to think because someone likes raiding at the top end, they automatically fall in love with world events that entail things like closing 2 rifts and collecting fungus from trees. My raid guilds were top end quality guilds competing in the top 3. Over half my roster could give a crap about the monthly events Eq2 threw. They were just like Rifts. Silly things, silly rewards etc. Half my roster thought they were dumb and would rather afk in the guild hall. /shrug

Like I said, I'll ask for PvP events when the events start requiring you to run raids and dungeons. Until then, half the people who do that probably could care less about the events to. The events are people who like fluffy, silly things for the most part.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-30-2012 at 08:19 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Thought they had pvp events? I remember there were two bosses to kill with waves of guards and capturing stones as usual.

Edit: Oh never mind, I'm stupid.

I remember they had a "PVP event" once. It didn't go over very well.
    Last edited by Zaros; 11-30-2012 at 08:32 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    A lot of raiders though could probably gives a rats behind about gathering shinies, or collecting fungus caps, or stomping balloons. That is what I mean by neutral. I've been a PvPer (now) and hardcore raider. I am not sure where people get this stigma in their head that raiders are all 12 year olds who love dancing around harvesting things. Reality is...A lot of raiders probably think the world events are just as mind numbing and pointless as pvpers. It's sort of demeaning to think because someone likes raiding at the top end, they automatically fall in love with world events that entail things like closing 2 rifts and collecting fungus from trees. My raid guilds were top end quality guilds competing in the top 3. Over half my roster could give a crap about the monthly events Eq2 threw. They were just like Rifts. Silly things, silly rewards etc. Half my roster thought they were dumb and would rather afk in the guild hall. /shrug

Like I said, I'll ask for PvP events when the events start requiring you to run raids and dungeons. Until then, half the people who do that probably could care less about the events to. The events are people who like fluffy, silly things for the most part.
    I understand what you say , but as "neutral" events you think they are they are pve ( mobs and rifts).
    I can be happy with some neutral events for pvp as well , that will require some x killing blows ,or ,to win x warfont in y time ,amount of favor until the x stage of event end, and so on.
    Some sweet rewards like pvp titles ,special pvp mounts ,gear or even just costumes etc. , will come in hand for the hunger of the pvp player base !!
    Really ..there is NO excuse to not have some pvp events same time with the pve events.
    For this to happen ..it will need a bit more work from devs in the pvp direction , and who knows if this is a target in near future for Trion :/
    Last edited by Saia; 11-30-2012 at 08:35 PM.

BUt..it will need a bit more work from devs.
    Yeah...we're all still waiting for that.

I see what you are sort of saying. But if you go around Rift denying anything that isn't targetting a player as non-pvp content you aren't interested in, I'd think one would be left with a very limited and small game.

The thing is, once a world event comes in that says "get Kb's or get this from a WF", then logically, by that standard it opens the doors for the next event to require you to go inside an expert dungeon. Technically PvE, but it is the common ground and most common demoinator of Rift. Solo world content. I think that is how they want to keep it...just world stuff. Not entering already designated pvp/pve instances like WF's and Dungeons.

However, like I said, if they did take the time to put lateral rewards out for doing something in a WF *or* a dungeon. Then I can see where I can start meeting your ideas. I just like to be fair when considering things if I can. Like when people said "we never get content and all major updates are for pve'ers". Then when we got a PvE update I didn't see the dungeon boards flooding with "omg can we get a PvE update please?" our boards asking where the pve content was in the update. Not pointing fingers, but a lot here like to have cake and eat it I think. But yes, the point is this paragraph was just if they did make more specialized pvp stuff, to be fair, they would have to create more specialized PvE stuff or someone on the other stance could say the same stuff we are, and based on our logic, have a point. Anywho, I see what you are saying. It would have to be done right though.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I hope ,and i mean it, that Trion will put the fat devs to work for some more content/action in the pvp direction.
    Well...... yeah,some think about events are pure pve/rifts action and **** ..ok , but how it will be to have ,in da same time events, both for pve and pvp ?!! this will be a win-win situation

PS: To have good gains ,and monthly subscription , u need to please everyone
    Last edited by Saia; 11-30-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Telaran

Every few months we have new events ( pve ONLY events) with new mounts / costumes / useful gear etc. Why we dont have parallel events for pvp Trion ? Why is so hard to implement events for pvp just like the pve have , with different stages , new pvp ranks/gear/costumes/mounts and so on... why and how it is so hard to implement ?!
    I would love to see some PvP Events. Conquest was a fail, General good idea.. Just not well thought out.
    PvP Event where you break the wall down ect.. Why cant that be applied to PvP? Like Defend / Take over a stronghold / town. Blow up walls. Cannons blazzing. Yes. Kinda like WoW's ****.. But ya know.. Better and less stupid.

Well this idea dosent even have to be Applied to an Event.. WF like this would kick *** as well..

I just grow tired of cluster battles.. Where it's pray you have a good decent heals or just get rolled over.. Where is the strat part of PvP?

Swarm > Move > Swarm > Move.. It's just stupid.

But hey.. We all deal with PvP'rs always getting hit with the ugly stick and keep moving forward, No matter how bad it gets my drive to PvP keeps me going till the end.

Say Trion releases a PvP zone event where winning it grants a bunch of useful rewards so everyone wants to do it, just like PvE zone events. Great, sounds pretty awesome. But what happens is that once everyone has the rewards they need, most people stop going and then World PvP dies again. Same thing happened with daily PvP quests for the most part, as well as PvP Rifts. They could solve that issue by constantly adding new rewards, but then people complain about the endless grind for gear, similar to the ISS saga.

I think introducing these sorts of things would be great and I'd be very much behind it. But I can see where some of the issues lie and why Trion are hesitant to release something that has a high chance of falling on its face.
    Nope.

Not sure how it would be implemented, but just show up to a zone event. It can be good wpvp on Seastone.

I kinda see what you're saying though. I just don't think it's feasible in this game. Trion just needs to fix CQ and take the pve out of it, then make the buff affect pvp activities only. Then the rewards can be pvp-focused and rewards for pvpers.

Rainingblood
    "Live for nothing, or die for something." -John Rambo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast