+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 76
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Fix Noise Canceling Coating Please :(

  1. #1
    Telaran Sneakii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    71

    Default Fix Noise Canceling Coating Please :(

    As the title states a lot of casters and even some non casters agree that it is a bit over the top. When there is already so many skills around to silence/disable a caster having a consumable that lasts 4hrs that the casters get nothing to match against it (auto disarm etc doesn't exist as a caster comsumable), is just making balance a harder thing to find for trion.

    I think we can all agree that this item should be disabled for pvp purposes as it procs wayyy to often and can 50% disable any caster who's being hit by a fast gcd ranged skill.
    if ( MageDevFail = True ) {QuitRift} else {PlayAgainFun}
    Sneakygemini - Mage Rank62
    Sneakycupid - Rogue Rank40
    Sneakyaries - Warrior Rank50
    Sneakyi - Cleric Rank40

  2. #2
    Ascendant Valnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    But rogues are underpowered and need it!

  3. #3
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    I agree with you, OP...but don't expect any response or changes regarding this.

    The devs don't care about PVP...they've made it abundantly clear, time and time again.

    Now, if this post had been about a raid mechanic....they would have been all over it like white on rice.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  4. #4
    Ascendant micshaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    But rogues are underpowered and need it!
    fix rogue, please boost the damage

  5. #5
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    I agree with you, OP...but don't expect any response or changes regarding this.

    The devs don't care about PVP...they've made it abundantly clear, time and time again.

    Now, if this post had been about a raid mechanic....they would have been all over it like white on rice.
    i like brown rice not white rice
    Last edited by Ehxon; 11-30-2012 at 07:26 PM.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    I used to use these a lot until someone said something that actually made a lot of sense. Unless silences are all of a sudden off the DR, having a proc that spams silences on people can actually stop many from using a well timed silence. I am sure the proc does some good stuff sometimes, but I can't get that out of my head cause it seems pretty logically sound. Kind of like a sab pre 1.11 with carpet bombing basically making a whole raid immune to stuns. Kind of blows effective CC for anyone else timing it on someone. I can see this doing that...some silly proc hits them when it doesn't hurt much, then the critical silence falls through.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  7. #7
    Ascendant micshaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I used to use these a lot until someone said something that actually made a lot of sense. Unless silences are all of a sudden off the DR, having a proc that spams silences on people can actually stop many from using a well timed silence. I am sure the proc does some good stuff sometimes, but I can't get that out of my head cause it seems pretty logically sound. Kind of like a sab pre 1.11 with carpet bombing basically making a whole raid immune to stuns. Kind of blows effective CC for anyone else timing it on someone. I can see this doing that...some silly proc hits them when it doesn't hurt much, then the critical silence falls through.
    Sticky coating is pretty brutal

  8. #8
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by micshaz View Post
    Sticky coating is pretty brutal
    That one is probably pretty deece now that snare isn't on DR
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  9. #9
    Ascendant micshaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    That one is probably pretty deece now that snare isn't on DR
    it's very effective at keeping melee fans just out of arms reach

  10. #10
    Telaran Sneakii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    71

    Default

    *bump* Cause this needs some dev love.

    PS. I think to make things worse this item is also on it's own seperate DR table, Proof: I was just silenced for 4sec from a Proc of [Noise canceling coating], and as soon as it ran out (1sec later) I was silenced again via a skill silence. This should be impossible if i've just been silenced for 4 sec if my understanding of the new DR is correct I should be immune to it for 4sec.
    Last edited by Sneakii; 12-01-2012 at 03:57 AM.
    if ( MageDevFail = True ) {QuitRift} else {PlayAgainFun}
    Sneakygemini - Mage Rank62
    Sneakycupid - Rogue Rank40
    Sneakyaries - Warrior Rank50
    Sneakyi - Cleric Rank40

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    102

    Default

    I think mages need an analog that gives all casts a 50% chance to disarm their targets.

  12. #12
    Champion minipara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    551

    Default

    NCC is fine, move on

  13. #13
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Pilgrim View Post
    I think mages need an analog that gives all casts a 50% chance to disarm their targets.
    Do you realise how boring it's going to be to play melee if you can't use your skills half the time?

    I think you should think about that before suggesting such OP ability.. Especially a passive , lol that takes no skill.

    Don't forget Mages get their own silence which is EXACTLY THE SAME and should stick to speccing warlock and casting Neddra's at each other.

    Also since no one mentioned it yet, if anything Rogue dps needs a bump, because they shouldn't need to rely on gimmicks to be effective in the first place.
    Last edited by styl; 12-01-2012 at 07:38 AM.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by styl View Post
    Do you realise how boring it's going to be to play melee if you can't use your skills half the time?

    I think you should think about that before suggesting such OP ability.. Especially a passive , lol that takes no skill.

    Don't forget Mages get their own silence which is EXACTLY THE SAME and should stick to speccing warlock and casting Neddra's at each other.

    Also since no one mentioned it yet, if anything Rogue dps needs a bump, because they shouldn't need to rely on gimmicks to be effective in the first place.
    Once again I can not tell if this is a joke or not.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Once again I can not tell if this is a joke or not.
    Ah - he's joking. well, played sir.
    Last edited by Billy Pilgrim; 12-01-2012 at 08:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts