+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question re old PVP gear vs new PVE gear

Default Question re old PVP gear vs new PVE gear

So if I have more stats and AC from green or blue new PVE gear is it worth using it in a WF over old R50 PVP gear with vengence?

Basically are stats > vengence ? and if so at what point is this true? does it matter what level your toom is?

What about weapons? are weapons with greater hit and dps better than r50 weapons with vengence?

I know i should grab a parser and SS it all out, but i am old grumpy and know that at least one of you booger eatin twelve year old chuckleheads have already got the answer, so i figure i'd let you show off your mad skills by answering my question.

thanking you in advance........
    AXAZE 70/R100 Clerc
    XITH 70/R100 Warrior
    REVELER 70/R100 Rog
    ZAXA 70/R100 finger waggler

Quote Originally Posted by Axaze View Post
    So if I have more stats and AC from green or blue new PVE gear is it worth using it in a WF over old R50 PVP gear with vengence?

Basically are stats > vengence ? and if so at what point is this true? does it matter what level your toom is?

What about weapons? are weapons with greater hit and dps better than r50 weapons with vengence?

I know i should grab a parser and SS it all out, but i am old grumpy and know that at least one of you booger eatin twelve year old chuckleheads have already got the answer, so i figure i'd let you show off your mad skills by answering my question.

thanking you in advance........
    Vengeance basically just adds AP or SP to your gear when engaged in pvp. That being said you should be getting much better gear stat wise that out weighs the amount of vengeance on R50 gear. Just get rid of R50 gear and start with mercenary when you hit level 60. The pve gear stats will out weigh the R50 gear by level 55.
    I hold everyone back!!!
    Hijati-60 Cleric, Hijitity-60 Warrior, Britania-60 Mage, Lizvana-60 Rogue
    Grim Awakening 2/4
    Frozen Tempest- 4/4 Endless Eclipse 5/5

Quote Originally Posted by Hijati View Post
    Vengeance basically just adds AP or SP to your gear when engaged in pvp. That being said you should be getting much better gear stat wise that out weighs the amount of vengeance on R50 gear. Just get rid of R50 gear and start with mercenary when you hit level 60. The pve gear stats will out weigh the R50 gear by level 55.
    Thank you.

That was what it looked like, after 55 the blue dailey armor rewards seems to have much better stats.
    AXAZE 70/R100 Clerc
    XITH 70/R100 Warrior
    REVELER 70/R100 Rog
    ZAXA 70/R100 finger waggler

Aye, hold onto the r50 pvp gear until you get the merc gear for pvp imo. Before 60 the stats are normalized in WFs (for the most part?), but you will still get the 4 set bonus on the crystal if you have r50 gear. So it is worth keeping for that bonus until the first set of blue merc gear comes. That is the gear you will indefinitely be starting to wear if you are PvP'ing at 60.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Piggybacking on the previous posts, I stayed in r50 through the middle levels and had pretty good success. And confirming, about 55 is when the blue chests start getting better than r50 gear, but keep your eyes open for weapons, I was getting much better weapons even at 52 ish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

+ Reply to Thread