+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Loyal player but not getting my money's worth :(

Default Loyal player but not getting my money's worth :(

I'm sorry to rant but I thought it was time to really vent my feelings on the state of PvP in this game. I have been a Trion supporter for a long time and I have been through ups and downs of the game. I respect them as a company and always thought I would get my money's worth.

I really enjoy PvP in this game. I fell in love with the pvp community and how some of the players really want to better themselves. Playing in premades and fighting premades was always extremely fun for me. Seeing that passion of some of these players really drived me to write this.

After SL hit and I played the state of PvP I was very, very disappointed. Many will say that, "Hey your playing a PvE game so just deal with it". I say that's big pile of bull, fact being that if Trion spent 1/5 of the effort they spent on their PvE content PvP would be half decent in this game, MORE decent then it is now. I love the fact that after SL hit what did PvPers get? Fluff gear (even some designs were incredibility disappointing in quality in comparing with PvE greens), massive pvp imbalance even after "testing", the removal of Conquest and oh yeah ONE new warfront. What the ****? So we have exactly the same amount of content as we had before? SL was a perfect opportunity for Trion to do something, anything to PvP and they give us one warfront out of the whole expansion. I feel ripped off as a PvPer. Why even have PvP in this game if there is going to be a huge quality and attention between other content and PvP? It's better if they didn't even bother because i'm just honestly surprised that they aren't embarrassed at the state of PvP In this game. I would be as a developer. Trion prides themselves on being the best and brightest company that is reshaping MMO function, while PvP in Rift is beyond, ****.

Now I am seeing more and more people leaving. Members of the community, some of my friends and players I respect are leaving and honest I don't blame them. This expansion has brought questions up for myself, why am I even here? Why am I waiting for content that will never come? I guess I have come to the conclusion that PvP in this game will always be ****. Community is everything in Rift and we are losing many people from lack of content effort from Trion. Constantly as a response Trion hasn't done anything to fix this matter.

Right now as a customer I feel like I'm not getting my money's worth with it comes to PvP and I'm sure at this point I will leave because of this. Fact is, it's NOT EVEN DECENT anymore and it has been a pretty long time since Rift has been around. Not everyone stays hooked on PvE raiding and dungeon, I want.. well wanted my niche to be PvP and right now Trion is not providing.

TL;DR - Constant lack of PvP content is making players leave and be dissatisfied with PvP in general when Trion could easily do something special.

Anyone else feel like even if PvP is second rate in this game that we should be getting more content then this? I'm just at a loss for words that as the PvE content is rapidly expanding the PvE is exactly in the same place i has been since Rift has come out. Thoughts?
    Last edited by LOveRH; 11-30-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    I'm sorry to rant but I thought it was time to really vent my feelings on the state of PvP in this game. I have been a Trion supporter for a long time and I have been through ups and downs of the game. I respect them as a company and always thought I would get my money's worth.

I really enjoy PvP in this game. I fell in love with the pvp community and how some of the players really want to better themselves. Playing in premades and fighting premades was always extremely fun for me. Seeing that passion of some of these players really drived me to write this.

After SL hit and I played the state of PvP I was very, very disappointed. Many will say that, "Hey your playing a PvE game so just deal with it". I say that's big pile of bull, fact being that if Trion spent 1/5 of the effort they spent on their PvE content PvP would be half decent in this game, MORE decent then it is now. I love the fact that after SL hit what did PvPers get? Fluff gear (even some designs were incredibility disappointing in quality in comparing with PvE greens), massive pvp imbalance even after "testing", the removal of Conquest and oh yeah ONE new warfront. What the ****? So we have exactly the same amount of content as we had before? SL was a perfect opportunity for Trion to do something, anything to PvP and they give us one warfront out of the whole expansion. I feel ripped off as a PvPer. Why even have PvP in this game if there is going to be a huge quality and attention between other content and PvP? It's better if they didn't even bother because i'm just honestly surprised that they aren't embarrassed at the state of PvP In this game. I would be as a developer. Trion prides themselves on being the best and brightest company that is reshaping MMO function, while PvP in Rift is beyond, ****.

Now I am seeing more and more people leaving. Members of the community, some of my friends and players I respect are leaving and honest I don't blame them. This expansion has brought questions up for myself, why am I even here? Why am I waiting for content that will never come? I guess I have come to the conclusion that PvP in this game will always be ****. Community is everything in Rift and we are losing many people from lack of content effort from Trion. Constantly as a response Trion hasn't done anything to fix this matter.

Right now as a customer I feel like I'm not getting my money's worth with it comes to PvP and I'm sure at this point I will leave because of this. Fact is, it's NOT EVEN DECENT anymore and it has been a pretty long time since Rift has been around. Not everyone stays hooked on PvE raiding and dungeon, I want.. well wanted my niche to be PvP and right now Trion is not providing.

TL;DR - Constant lack of PvP content is making players leave and be dissatisfied with PvP in general when Trion could easily do something special.

Anyone else feel like even if PvP is second rate in this game that we should be getting more content then this? I'm just at a loss for words that as the PvE content is rapidly expanding the PvE is exactly in the same place i has been since Rift has come out. Thoughts?
    Well said, I couldn't agree more. I have loved everything about this game but it is clear that pvp has taken a back burner in trions eyes. Its too bad because like you i see so much potential for pvp with how the soul systems work in game. Hopefully something gets mixed in soon but how i see it PVP is something you do when you arent raiding, there is no end game and there is no competition.

I love the new WF!

When the portal LoSed and you could mount.
    Now it's just a firing squad, and you lose 2pts by the time your team runs back.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 11-30-2012 at 08:47 AM.

I fully expected PvP to take a step on the back burner, but I do have to say I'm just a little disappointed we haven't even gotten a "coming soon"-style peek at some content, even though there are plenty of options.

Trion likes to recycle assets -- which I'm totally fine with -- and I'd like to see them take a page out of the Library playbook and recycle some more assets to give us new warfronts. They don't even need to be entirely new game modes -- I'd certainly take a look at yet another BG/Whitefall CTF/Codex/whatever variant in a different map. If that's too much of an issue, devote some time figuring out how to set up "teams" in dimensions so we can play around in our own sandbox. I mean, you've given us a fantastic sandbox in Dimensions, but I'd love to be able to play around in it in a capacity greater than My Little Design Studio or Jumping Puzzle Adventure Time.

I'm fairly adamant in my belief that the community can't support a structured, highly competitive environment -- I just don't think the players are there, but let it be said that if they were, I'd support it with some caveats -- but surely we can get some new toys that everyone can use.
    Last edited by Kyera; 11-30-2012 at 08:48 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

I'm still under the belief that they should not try and re-invent the wheel every time they bring out a new warfront. They have a bunch of rules sets that are already fun, incorporating them into new maps would at least make for a change of scenery. Even per-existing parts of the world could be used. Especially now with the new random warfront option, having more maps to play would be a great addition.
    "In the land of the terribles, the mediocre is king."

Ascendant

see ya later!

Sadly that is the state of things, at this point it's just do your pvp dailies then forget it, not worth the effort and frustration for more than that.

I expect 2.2 or 2.3 to have a huge PvP patch though.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    see ya later!
    Not quitting. I'm just saying if i did, it would be because of myself losing so many friends because of lack of PvP content. =(

This game was never perfect for pvp but it certainly did have its niche, i enjoyed it for what it was and had a blast doing wfs with friends, now it feels more like a chore, between the pathetic gear with long grinds, one warfront released in over a year or balancing the classes i find it harder and harder to want to play this anymore, if it wasnt for the fact that i bought the xpac along with a year's sub i probably would have left this game a few months ago

CQ wasn't removed. It was taken out for a seemingly logical purpose. It is an end game function that requires a decent amount of players. It is probably true it would just be a wash to even have in game until there is a strong 60 population. Which by proxy gave them time to also soup it up before they put it back in game - new map and hopefully new style. That is just a matter of patience though.

I guess I disagree with most though. Unlike PvE I think PvP is way more replayable. I still enjoy some maps in my FPS games that I've played since year 1999. Player vs Player anything is a bit more dynamic and always will keep itself fresh by nature I think.

But meh, maybe I am easy going. My only gripe would be how the gear is globally lower in quality than it was before. But at least it is king for pvp. We must see things differently though. I think PvP overall feels like it has a hole because the new CQ is not out. That will surely bring content and itemization. I do think our itemization is pretty weak atm. But I basically already said that, just mentioned a different part of it.

Sometimes I just needed to take a break for a few days or have a good relaxing activity away from everything and then all wasn't as bad as I would sum it up to be. GL to ya.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-30-2012 at 10:23 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I agree....and the gimp healing is pissing me off.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Nice of you to finally voice your inner thoughts, thats how a game evolve.

In many parts of your post I can find myself, I too was quite frustrated in the start. Rift devs stand out because they are more engaging in forum issues and keep the news communication flowing. But as a customer after nearly two years you can see a pattern. Rift is the "perfect" classic MMO, but it always has and is lacking in the PvP department. Sure they have tried with different systems, but what they have come up with is simply lacking. I also find it troublesome that they pick their fights, which reminds me of politicians. How much communication flow have we been given on PvP vs PvE? I would say in any case PvP is the option that is still being left unanswered.

It's quite clear that they've reached their vision of the game and are on the right path. Maybe things could change in the future, but that's just it, time is the enemy. Sometimes the game wont be as you like, and that's where one has to move on. Next stop DFUW.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I guess I disagree with most though. Unlike PvE I think PvP is way more replayable. I still enjoy some maps in my FPS games that I've played since year 1999. Player vs Player anything is a bit more dynamic and always will keep itself fresh by nature I think.
    24/7 Facing Worlds servers were fun, but I always craved a good round of NovemberCE, McSwartzley, LavaGiant, Coret, Hydro16, or any number of good CTF maps. I certainly would not want to play on a server that had a rotation with Face and then was full of "gems" like Command, Thorns, EternalCave, Gauntlet, etc.

So far this map rotation has more "gems" than maps I enjoy.~
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

I think the Random WF chooser being the basis for dailies helped make the WF scene more varied on a daily basis. It was mostly, okay, the daily WF is the main one going on today, and on the weekend, the bonus + the daily WF. At least now I admit I've been getting a good variety of all the maps.

Although I must be mixing up terminology, I always thought a gem was something people enjoyed.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

There's a "reason" it's in quotation "marks". It has to do with "sarcasm".

Random WF button was definitely better though, but I still cringe a bit when I get Scion (because OH GOD THE MOBS) or Library (PvPvE 2.0!) pops.
    Last edited by Kyera; 11-30-2012 at 11:08 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast