+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Are Rogues scaling correctly in PvP?

Rift Disciple

Default Are Rogues scaling correctly in PvP?

Seriously, are they? Because it seems to me what rogues hit for "even excluding crit damage" is just insane compared to the other classes.

The other three classes with the "under the table" normalization changes are fine. Actually I was surprised Warriors recently took a hit. Unfortunately what people consider an OP warrior is normally an average warrior with a really good pocket healer. But with that being said I don't mind where all three sit with dmg, heals, and mitigation.

Rogues on the other hand hit like a freaking freight train but with the speed of a ninja! Even their instant cast, no cd abilities drop you like a wet toilet seat!

I did not want to post until I hit 60 and did several WFs. I wanted to make sure it didn't level out once max level. But whether or not 50, 55, or 60 its still the same. And don't say "wait till rank 80", If I have to grind 30 ranks at least share some of the love with the other colors so the top 10 in every WF is not yellow.

Rogues are weak, please buff the damage - Specifically on deadeye shot and Empowered shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanox View Post

Rogues on the other hand hit like a freaking freight train but with the speed of a ninja! Even their instant cast, no cd abilities drop you like a wet toilet seat!
    I don't know about all that...least not me.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

if you can't beat them join them. reroll a rogue and go around boom boom headshot.

Soulwalker

They seem to powerful at the moment because they now store combo points to themselves and not a target so they can open with a 5 point finisher and they have another ready to go in a few GCDs. Its just something people are not used to yet.

Rift Master

OP, no need to be so polite; spade is a spade. Rogues are definitely out of line right now. I've seen it from both the "trying to heal people through rogue damage" and the "pocket healing a rogue who is eating everyone alive" points of view. Their output is somehow bursty and sustained at the same time, and their survivability greatly exceeds that of any other calling in a dps spec.

NB/RS is once again wielding too much damage and durability for a spec that can't be cc'd or kited. Marks is doing too much damage for something so mobile (and their silence is beyond OP). Sab is way too bursty for AOE. All of these builds need tuning. Also, more subjectively, I think the 1.0 standard gcd is an issue. Rogues seem eternally blessed with the initiative in pvp because they are literally acting/reacting faster than anyone else. It's sloppy design and, I believe, inherently impossible to balance.

Quote Originally Posted by handerhank View Post
    OP, no need to be so polite; spade is a spade. Rogues are definitely out of line right now. I've seen it from both the "trying to heal people through rogue damage" and the "pocket healing a rogue who is eating everyone alive" points of view. Their output is somehow bursty and sustained at the same time, and their survivability greatly exceeds that of any other calling in a dps spec.

NB/RS is once again wielding too much damage and durability for a spec that can't be cc'd or kited. Marks is doing too much damage for something so mobile (and their silence is beyond OP). Sab is way too bursty for AOE. All of these builds need tuning. Also, more subjectively, I think the 1.0 standard gcd is an issue. Rogues seem eternally blessed with the initiative in pvp because they are literally acting/reacting faster than anyone else. It's sloppy design and, I believe, inherently impossible to balance.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

ur dumb

I would agree with what everyone is saying but I logged into my mage alt and found the same to be true. Consistanly at top of kbs with rogue and mage. And when I log into my warrior probably be the same.

Default What? every class has its potential

Learn how to play against them....

every class has its pros and cons, deal with that.

i learned be my self how to fight against every class, not just run and hit. strategy and the use skills at the right time makes the difference.

btw. if a rogue gets you from behind, u are dead. unless u run away or stun them.

Last edited by Flashhh; 11-30-2012 at 09:33 AM.
    I come from behind!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashh View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

ur dumb
    sounds like a "plx no nerf me"

I don't know about this insane mitigation.

NB/RS was never amazing. It was just easy and convenient. If you got pulverized hard it wasn't by a NB/RS, least what I call a good smashing.

Sab AoE isn't that high, least not at all the impact it made before 1.11 imo.

The 1s argument gcd is weak. We've had 1s gcd for the whole game. I guess you can reply to me and say we've been a problem the whole game. I got nothing then.

This post seems a bit silly to a rogue.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-30-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

The best way for you, if you think the trade off between damage done and survivability is not balance, is to send the dev some parses.

parses do not mean anything in wfs. The fact is unless all gcd are up you will die from a rogues popping on your back. if you do have gcds available the best you can do is watch them go into hide
    just to watch him do it all over again when you have no global cooldowns. there openners are way to powerful, its a chicken &$@! way to play. Which is why I will never roll one. as far as marks man yeah I think they are amazing but I have way more respect for them they are at least putting them selves out there to be killed. The small community that I play with decided to give the game till end of december. if wfs are not at least looking like they are going in the right direction we are jumpping off the rift band wagon
    shadetree

Rogues have always been ridiculously OP ever since they had a "rogue efficiency" test (what somehow resulted in a massively overpowered Sabateur and a few months of "hey, fanout" in conquest.)

Before that NB/RS was actually reasonably good, it always managed to drop me as a cholorolock but by todays standards they are literally off the scale, facetanking a group of 8 people completely solo and with enough up front DPS to drop a softer member within that group and then casually blink away as though they have skills.

But then if you're solo and somebody stealth "surprises" you well you're boned regardless of popping your 61 ability and hitting them with everything you've got. CC? nah, Purge them? nah you'll be dead before you get the chance.

Marksman is another ridiculously powerful spec that can burst you from full hp to 40% in one "finisher" attack, honestly rapid fire shot is hitting a lot like nysyr with stunning instead of silences right now.

I'm generalizing of course but the OP has a good point and i've mentioned it to the devs over like..a year? and nothing has been done about it, there's a lot of nice new pvp mechanics that FINALLY make hard-casting actually useful but still the DPS on a hard-caster is ridiculously sub-par to a rogue who can bounce around with a 1s gcd spamming instants and interrupting/silencing you from outside your max range. (its for this reason that hard casting in general is useless, and in a 1v1 scenario against a rogue all you can do is run like a sissy and spam instant casts which deal NO damage all whilst trying to knock them back *only to get shadow blitzed/assaulted* effectively wasting time just waiting to be facerolled.

Warriors at the moment are just as concerning, what with the general "base" mechanics of the game abilities like rift summon (infact, totally rift summon) will NEVER make the game fair, all a warrior has to do is rift summon you and its the same as being stealth attacked, all of a sudden your HP/mitigation/survivability is buggered and you'll probably be dead before your feet even touch the ground.

The PvP is broken, as a long time veteran i know this and ive been trying for a long time to get some kind of balance worked out (which has gradually improved in ways you lot probably aren't aware of) but right now having 35m pyromancers wearing heavy armor with twice the mitigation is just a joke, and stealth attacking doesnt HAVE to be opportunistic, all the rogue has to do is emerge from stealth and suddenly they get a +200% bonus to faceroll power just for having appeared.

Matter of fact is they are ridiculously overpowered and have been for a long while.

Warriors got the nerfing they so truly craved though and if they all keep spamming tempest pretending to be pyromancers i can only see the same happening yet again.

But somehow it never matters how many people are spamming marskman or nb/rs, they will never DARE to touch rogues because of the obvious QQ'ers or "brosters" that pervade these forums.

And in the meantime trion lose more and more subs.

Well its good that rogues can finally heal because soon there will only be warfront's full of rogues all facerolling one another.

Hopefully then some kind of "rogue balance" will be achieved.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Quote Originally Posted by hunt View Post
    parses do not mean anything in wfs. The fact is unless all gcd are up you will die from a rogues popping on your back. if you do have gcds available the best you can do is watch them go into hide
    just to watch him do it all over again when you have no global cooldowns. there openners are way to powerful, its a chicken &$@! way to play. Which is why I will never roll one. as far as marks man yeah I think they are amazing but I have way more respect for them they are at least putting them selves out there to be killed. The small community that I play with decided to give the game till end of december. if wfs are not at least looking like they are going in the right direction we are jumpping off the rift band wagon

Awww Shadetree I do expect better from you. We are not that bad.... You’re still my hommie big guy. Pika smash.
    Pika

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast