+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 2.1 Maybe?

Rift Disciple definitelynotzoar's Avatar

Default 2.1 Maybe?

I find it pretty stressful to log in every week and find out that nothing has been done about damage and heals in WF's. Its obvious this is a problem just take a look at all the threads in here. As a warrior im bottle necked into playing ranged dps or tank just avoid a respawn timer every few minutes. This is a result of what has not been fixed yet. I understand this is a PvE game first and a PvP game second but the longer you wait the more dire things get. Our GM and other core PvP players are gone playing other games as of last week because of this mess.

make full dps melee as viable in WF's as full dps ranged. I have never had a problem in rift playing full dps melee in Rift without a healer on our team until 2.0

/still waiting..

Ascendant

For the first time since playing the game, I have given into the pressure of having to play fotm spec on my mage because absolutely nothing else matters except burst dps. There is literally nothing else you can do. I used to be able to build characters with high survivability but it is not possible any longer.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

Quote Originally Posted by aeio View Post
    ... mage [...] high survivability ...
    Wat? Only one i knew were the chloro hybrids back when healing was % of damage done. (except full healer)

Icw

I'm actually enjoying griefing ppl with my tank spec. But change would be nice once I get tired of it.

The change is differently needed. The skill cap is so low because of it. I was actually pretty peeved it wasn't addressed during beta let alone live.

Maybe they don't find pvp players as valid.
    Last edited by Division; 11-29-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icw View Post
    I'm actually enjoying griefing ppl with my tank spec. But change would be nice once I get tired of it.
    No offense but it doesn't matter how good of a "pvp tank" you are you aren't griefing anyone as much as pure dps ranged specs are.

Same goes for melee only under the perfect circumstances can a full dps melee spec perfom well without matching his kills in deaths.
    Last edited by definitelynotzoar; 11-29-2012 at 11:13 AM.

I play a BD and Sin spec just fine when matters are approproate (I play then sometimes when innapropriate). I'd never judge much by the volume of threads here. There was a volume of thread against mercs and that was the most uninformed cluster of complaining I'd ever seen.

That was my initial reaction to 60. But I'm having more fun now and thinking that notion less and less. Just IME.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I play a BD and Sin spec just fine when matters are approproate (I play then sometimes when innapropriate)..
    Thats the problem.. Why are there " not appropriate" times to play melee? but its always apropriate to play ranged dps... Thats not acceptable for me im sure it is for tempest warriors, ranged rogues, and mages.

Quote Originally Posted by definitelynotzoar View Post
    Thats the problem.. Why are there " not appropriate" times to play melee? but its always apropriate to play ranged dps... Thats not acceptable for me im sure it is for tempest warriors, ranged rogues, and mages.
    I don't think every moment is appropriate for ranged, or rather best suit. Normally I could really go for this but, with giving warriors and clerics a ranged dps soul, I think those appropriate times are up for the person to decide. Not always strictly just a map even. It's a you know it when you see it situation. I don't think ranged is the king playstyle all time. It is hard for me to say though, I have never been good at melee (I played a mage for 4 years before this), and I've loved a sab since picking my 3 first souls and MM since level 30. Probably because they were most akin to my ranged mage I was used to. So I am bias anyway towards the range souls and I'd hope I'm better at them than the others more often.

I just think it is a play by ear game, and there are many of moments where I go for ranged and ones where I go for melee. I don't know much about the warrior soul, but Sin and BD got some nifty tools, even niftier if I'd give up being a glass cannon for utility.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

The only time i have ever decided to play melee is when i notice the other team is not littered with mm rogues. Which is never.

And maybe when we have healers but those should not be the only reasons to not play range.

The more complaining I hear about melee being unviable in PvP, the more I feel about complaining that Soul Drain isn't very good in PvP.

Also, Atrius is making warriors OP again in 2.1, check the warrior forums.

Icw

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    The more complaining I hear about melee being unviable in PvP, the more I feel about complaining that Soul Drain isn't very good in PvP.

Also, Atrius is making warriors OP again in 2.1, check the warrior forums.
    Is this guy a rogue? My dev is going to beat up your dev if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Icw View Post
    Is this guy a rogue? My dev is going to beat up your dev if so.
    I guess you could say that I am. I sneak up on people accidentally all the time. I also know a few magic tricks and have some melee training, so you could call me a mage or warrior. My lack of religion kind of precludes me from being a cleric.

Edit: Also, the quoted text should have read, "the more I feel like complaining about" rather than the fustercluck of words that I actually posted.
    Last edited by Pork Star; 11-29-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Telaran

If healers could heal again in WF's it wouldn't be so bad. As it is now, they are being pummeled harder and faster than they can heal themselves, let alone anyone else. Hence, the lack of healers in WF's. People cried because they felt healers were OP. Well, those that did then do not cry now. You got what you wanted. Heal the healers and you who are dying so much will live longer.

Tank warriors are strong, with allot of self heals and sustainable damage , block /mitigate damage and huge hitpoint bar ...be it solo or mass pvp warriors are not weak..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast