+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No more PVP gear?

Rift Disciple

Default No more PVP gear?

In WF valor is 60%, no matter what gear. So PvP gear not needed anymore or bug?

Apparently you will have valor unless you try to wear gear without valor that is leeter than the merc set. I don't know for sure though.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Plane Touched

before lvl 60 there is actualy no valor

at lvl 60 u get bolsteted to a minimun (merc gear) but anything better still counts as it should be...

so pvp gear is needed in a way.. but not so much as before SL
    Last edited by emferian; 11-29-2012 at 07:18 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by emferian View Post
    before lvl 60 there is actualy no valor

at lvl 60 u get bolsteted to a minimun (merc gear) but anything better still counts as it should be...

so pvp gear is needed in a way.. but not so much as before SL
    I just dinged 60 last night and need some advice on my initial gear up.

It seems that I would be shooting myself in the foot to spend my hard-earned valor on the Mercenary set.

I think the smart way to go would be to spend my valor on the PVP lesser's that have vengence and valor.

I wasn't into PvP that much in vanilla Rift, but I do remember a source engine that had some valor/vengence on it. Would it be worthwhile to go to the old world and purchase one if available?

After I have my source engine full of lessers should be the time I start on ther Mercenary set, correct?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Beaverhero View Post
    I just dinged 60 last night and need some advice on my initial gear up.

It seems that I would be shooting myself in the foot to spend my hard-earned valor on the Mercenary set.

I think the smart way to go would be to spend my valor on the PVP lesser's that have vengence and valor.

I wasn't into PvP that much in vanilla Rift, but I do remember a source engine that had some valor/vengence on it. Would it be worthwhile to go to the old world and purchase one if available?

After I have my source engine full of lessers should be the time I start on ther Mercenary set, correct?
    Well I haven't bothered to look, but I assume you cant get the tier 2 set without first buying the merc set which may put you at a disadvantage. I hear though that the stat upgrade between tiers is minimal so maybe the upgraded essences would yield a net gain. You would have to look into which would yield the better stats - tier 2 gear with a lower level engine, or vice versa.

Tier 1 pvp gear is better than nothing ,especially in open world or duels pvp ,where u dont have any mechanic that increase your stats like it is in warfonts.

So since everyone gets bolstered can i pvp nacked and have the same stats? If so anyone intrested the first Rift lingerie pvp team?
    Last edited by Thedarkside; 11-29-2012 at 05:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread