+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Holy crap, Upper Tier PvP Gear Stats are awful!

Icw

Default Holy crap, Upper Tier PvP Gear Stats are awful!

Don't take my word for it, go look at each vendor in the next tier above Mercenary and compare the stat increases!

There is an average of +3-5 stat increase in the Freelancer gear on each piece then the last tier ( Warlord) is about 6-9 average stat increase on base stats with very few in Vengeance or Valor. I'm only using the chest piece as an example since this is usually one of biggest stat increases on gear!

All of this gear costs millions of favor and requires previous trade-ins. I don't know about you guys, but I don't find wasting weeks and months grinding for that gear gratifying. I really hope there is a change to distinguish us from PvE gear because there is certainly no significant increases in PvP stats on scaling!

I would assume they've lowered the stat gain so R70 doesn't roflstomp all over lower ranked players as badly as at some points in the past.
    Nope.

Doesn't really matter, you can't use any PvE gear so it's not competing with anything but lower tier gears.

Icw

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    Doesn't really matter, you can't use any PvE gear so it's not competing with anything but lower tier gears.
    No comprende. What's to stop raiders from dominating pvp?
    Last edited by Icw; 11-28-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Icw View Post
    No comprende. What's to stop raiders to start dominating pvp?
    if they go in to WFs with full Top Tier Raid gear, they will get bolstered down to Mercenary gear.

Quesiton is, how does this work in open world? Stats are not bolstered there. Does vengeance equal the stat difference.
    Argantes - P50 Warrior
    Crossreaper - P45 Rogue
    Darkraven P50 Mage
    Storm Inquisition, Icewatch.

No comprende. What's to stop raiders from dominating pvp?
    The new bolster effect is based on gear. If you dont have valor on an item, it's replaced by the first tier of pvp gear (mercenary)

WARFRONT BOLSTERING 2.0
    * 1-59 Warfront Brackets: Other then access to higher ability ranks and talent gains, all players should now be boosted to the max level effectiveness available in the bracket.
    * Level 60 Warfronts and Conquest: Bolstering at max level now has less to do with rank, and is instead focused on the PVP Gear you have equipped

* Instead of boosting individual stats if they are below the desired ranks goals, or capping individual stats when you are above those goals we now examine each piece of gear to determine if it needs to be replaced or ignored.
    - Each slot is compared against the lowest set of PVP gear available.
    - If your gear is less powerful its stats will be replaced with the Mercenary set.
    - If the gear you have equipped lacks Valor and is more powerful its stats will be replaced with gear from the Mercenary set.
    - Procs and Runes have no effect if they are replaced.
    - Synergy Crystal Bonuses use your equipped items to determine which bonuses are applied.
    - Synergy Crystals, Greater Essences, Trinkets and Seals are excluded from Bolstering.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...1-13-12-a.html

Soulwalker

What open world pvp?

I personally like it, pve gear is useless in pvp (like it should be) and theres not a huge jump between fresh 60 and r80.

PvE gear = useless in pvp
    PvP gear = useless in pve
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

May be hard to believe, but there is pve content in open world on pvp servers... however last time i've seen defiant was like week ago..
    Last edited by Morwath; 11-28-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Don't take my word for it, go look at each vendor in the next tier above Mercenary and compare the stat increases!

There is an average of +3-5 stat increase in the Freelancer gear on each piece then the last tier ( Warlord) is about 6-9 average stat increase on base stats with very few in Vengeance or Valor. I'm only using the chest piece as an example since this is usually one of biggest stat increases on gear!

All of this gear costs millions of favor and requires previous trade-ins. I don't know about you guys, but I don't find wasting weeks and months grinding for that gear gratifying. I really hope there is a change to distinguish us from PvE gear because there is certainly no significant increases in PvP stats on scaling!
    Like people said above, I think Trion is doing a very good job to make a clear and thick border between pve and pvp. That's a good thing.
    Personally, I hate when people own my face in pvp with pve weapons or gears. And this has happened since day 1 of the game. Even more so, I knew a few Pvers had to grind pvp just to get good weapons to raid before. That's really horrible for them.
    So this time, Trion's doing a great job to satisfy customers.

Ascendant

Except rank 80 gear should not be inferior to level 58 greens for the purpose of world usage.
    Let alone that intelligence/strength/dex/wis affects our crit values, and the lack of a boost for those values inhibits intelligence pool, and inhibits their tanking specs.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    May be hard to believe, but there is pve content in open world on pvp servers... however last time i've seen defiant was like week ago..
    I ve seen a defiant yesterday.. i was begining to think they were extinct...

but as others said... i like that pvp gear is not for pve and vice versa...
    Last edited by emferian; 11-28-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Right now being that we are bolstered to max valor in pvp with or w/o the merc gear equiped theres no reason to not use raid gear, the stats are off the chart compared to pvp gear.

As for open world i guess thats where pvp gear would shine but hey, owpvp is dead on seastone (the only pvp server) so what does it matter?

Imho just use top end raid gear for pvp, you would still have max valor in WF's and the stats are 30+ or more on every stat vs pvp gear besides maybe endurance..
    IdolizeThis of Wasted Talent <> Im a killer and I usually know my victims so I catch alot of bodies on the homie system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10f2rAzxEF8g

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by IdolizeThis View Post
    Right now being that we are bolstered to max valor in pvp with or w/o the merc gear equiped theres no reason to not use raid gear, the stats are off the chart compared to pvp gear.

As for open world i guess thats where pvp gear would shine but hey, owpvp is dead on seastone (the only pvp server) so what does it matter?

Imho just use top end raid gear for pvp, you would still have max valor in WF's and the stats are 30+ or more on every stat vs pvp gear besides maybe endurance..
    Yeah we have the same here in EU.
    Bloodiron is the only English PVP server and it's a wasteland.

Some people claim that only the "real PVPrs" stay on Bloodiron but seriously, it's so dead it's not even worth it for the OWPVP.
    Argantes - P50 Warrior
    Crossreaper - P45 Rogue
    Darkraven P50 Mage
    Storm Inquisition, Icewatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I would assume they've lowered the stat gain so R70 doesn't roflstomp all over lower ranked players as badly as at some points in the past.
    And gracefully they saved it from stomping Infinity Steppes.

And I didn't realize that one line in the notes I guess. They did really smash pve gear in pvp zones. Reduced stats and no valor.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-28-2012 at 06:23 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast