+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: people just running.

Default people just running.

as yall know warriors snares where takin away for no aperent reason.snares are one of the only things that keeps us warriors caught up with the target.im stitting in a dredfull wf because even with my sprints,people always just run away.trion wtf is with yall,makes sense to make WARRIORS the weakest class in the game?i just dont get how u can remove our snares trion.

Mei

inb4 spaceboots
    Fluent

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    inb4 spaceboots
    Of course you beat me here cause I was stuck in a static shot of skill.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 11-27-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Warrior snare located on Reaver tree, 50% run speed on Paragon tree, teleport summons on VK tree, Seargents Orders pull located on Warlord tree, Thunderous Leap on PvP PA tree, Bull Rush charge on Champion Tree, Into the Breach charge located on Warlord tree, Shield Charge located on Paladin tree, Bond of Alacrity 15% run speed on Beastmaster tree. Almost forgot group summons on VK.

There may be some other mobility skills I missed but this should help you with getting/countering mobility in your builds and help you find the "missing" warrior snare. Also, if you still can't stay connected in combat, put Tempest your build.

Warrior trees have the best goodies, so many one point utilities and fairly early on too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Warrior snare located on Reaver tree, 50% run speed on Paragon tree, teleport summons on VK tree, Seargents Orders pull located on Warlord tree, Thunderous Leap on PvP PA tree, Bull Rush charge on Champion Tree, Into the Breach charge located on Warlord tree, Shield Charge located on Paladin tree, Bond of Alacrity 15% run speed on Beastmaster tree. Almost forgot group summons on VK.

There may be some other mobility skills I missed but this should help you with getting/countering mobility in your builds and help you find the "missing" warrior snare. Also, if you still can't stay connected in combat, put Tempest your build.

Warrior trees have the best goodies, so many one point utilities and fairly early on too.
    All of which you use to keep up with one target and are then dead in the water!

Meanwhile ranged has to use one root or snare to keep you where they want, ontop of their own sprints and teleports and whatevers.

What else you got?

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post

Also you must realise that going into tank souls reduces your overall damage done. Another thing is that speed boosts are nice but they can still be knocked back, snared and stunned, so being a melee spec is still at a disadvantage. Tempest helps but should warriors be restricted to Tempest? There should be viable option to be a lethal and viable pure melee spec, but right now that is not the case. Going too far into a tank soul will give utility but warriors sacrifice damage, going too far into dps specs for melee is pretty much suicide unless backed by good heals.

We are not asking for anything stupid OP, just a ST snare. That or tone down ranged utility.

See I'm torn on this. My warrior has a hard time when people just turn and run away from him, but my mage and rogue appreciate the fact that they can do that.

I think right now overall it's OK. My warrior has abilities that can either pull them to him or teleport him to them so having snares might be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    All of which you use to keep up with one target and are then dead in the water!

Meanwhile ranged has to use one root or snare to keep you where they want, ontop of their own sprints and teleports and whatevers.

What else you got?
    Isnt it your decision to play melee?

Quote Originally Posted by Nargauzius View Post
    See I'm torn on this. My warrior has a hard time when people just turn and run away from him, but my mage and rogue appreciate the fact that they can do that.

I think right now overall it's OK. My warrior has abilities that can either pull them to him or teleport him to them so having snares might be too much.
    Your rogue and mage have mobility to get away from limitless targets since their ranged, as well as CC (some even unbreakable by damage which has no place in pvp) to keep targets are range.

Not to mention your rogue and mage melee souls have snares as well.

Warrior has mobility to just try and stay in melee range on one target, and some stuns/roots that are only good for one gcd.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 11-27-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Lots of CC is unbreakable by damage.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I'm honestly having no problem with disconnects and playing melee without gimped damage. You guys really need to try out a 41 wl/33 pally/ 2 temp build. Its considered a tank build where I'm hitting consistent 3-5k's between piercing, lights decree, and king of the hills with a nice 600ish damage added to nearly every hit with balance of power. Its a tank that out damages our damage souls. we also have our now 50% heal on 2 min gcd. No permission to die has become worthless but can be traded for an extra .5% armor. Ive tried running this build with dual and 2h and it honestly hits much harder with a shield for some reason. Add in skyfall with 2 points in Temp hits harder than any other finishers between 2-3k normal up to 5k crits at 32 M range. shure its one build im pretty much stuck playing, ive been testing EVERY warrior soul and cant find any other viable melee builds, but it works and works very well.
    Harming p58 Warrior Seastone.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Your rogue and mage have mobility to get away from limitless targets since their ranged, as well as CC (some even unbreakable by damage which has no place in pvp) to keep targets are range.

Not to mention your rogue and mage melee souls have snares as well.

Warrior has mobility to just try and stay in melee range on one target, and some stuns/roots that are only good for one gcd.
    Oh I never said my warrior was good at melee pvp. There's many times when I pull and they just run away so I only get a hit or two in, and same goes for teleporting to them. I don't want snares added to that though. It would be too much.

Champion of Telara

Even if you had a snare, all the escape tools that prevent warriors from staying in melee range remove them...

I'll admit though, that it does seem strange most snares are tied to ranged classes like Sabs, MM, specific mage builds (though I feel Harb has a root?).
    Last edited by Patchkid; 11-28-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    (though I feel Harb has a root?).
    Harb gets 5sec stun, 10snare that damages on movement, a charge with chance to stun

I'm not saying Warrior shouldn't have a root and/or snare available in more trees - but static shot is hardly the problem with rogues

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast