+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BishopX
  • 1 Post By Kyera

Thread: Bolstering and PvP gear pre lvl60

Rift Chaser

Default Bolstering and PvP gear pre lvl60

Just to get this straight...as far as I can tell, my gear does not matter one bit at lvl55 the instant I step into a warfront. My stats will be the same as everyone else, modified only by souls and PA? Including vengeance? So there is no point on throwing on my pvp gear?

Patch notes are your friend
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Quote Originally Posted by Bramir View Post
    Just to get this straight...as far as I can tell, my gear does not matter one bit at lvl55 the instant I step into a warfront. My stats will be the same as everyone else, modified only by souls and PA? Including vengeance? So there is no point on throwing on my pvp gear?
    Basically yeah, it is normalized pvp from what I could tell.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

this is why I keep comming out every game with the best kill death ratio... stats no longer matter and skills are playing the major part of who gets what in warfronts.
    I didnt read patch notes and I figured after taking so much time off I was going to get slaughtered comming back but have been racking up big time. oh god this is the best change EVER
    can we keep this post 60 as well?
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    this is why I keep comming out every game with the best kill death ratio... stats no longer matter and skills are playing the major part of who gets what in warfronts.
    I didnt read patch notes and I figured after taking so much time off I was going to get slaughtered comming back but have been racking up big time. oh god this is the best change EVER
    can we keep this post 60 as well?
    You mostly do, with a thin veil of progression.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

I noticed just now while experimenting with gear in a warfront my overseer's crystal still gives a significant boost, but strangely enough I don't have to wear 4 pieces of the set to get it's bonus, just the crystal itself.

I don't really like this system. What's the point in even having the old pvp gear?

(for pve at level 55 I still have to wear 4 pieces of pvp gear because I cannot make up the loss of the crystal. It's a large spell power loss)
    Last edited by Nargauzius; 11-27-2012 at 06:41 AM.

Since the Lv60 pvp & gear thread has been closed, I'll ask it here: are there other PvP essences besides the 21k favor/40 IS sold in Tempest Bay? I suppose those are the ones those without any valor on their essences get bolstered to.
    Adegard □ Blightweald
    Pain is temporary, pride is forever

Quote Originally Posted by Nargauzius View Post
    I noticed just now while experimenting with gear in a warfront my overseer's crystal still gives a significant boost, but strangely enough I don't have to wear 4 pieces of the set to get it's bonus, just the crystal itself.

I don't really like this system. What's the point in even having the old pvp gear?

(for pve at level 55 I still have to wear 4 pieces of pvp gear because I cannot make up the loss of the crystal. It's a large spell power loss)
    Must be just you... Overseer crystal does nothing for me.

Wow really? If I take it off in a warfront I lose it's stats - 67 end, 100 sp, 100 vengeance.

I haven't tried entering a warfront without it though.

So I tried entering a warfront without it equipped and couldn't get the bonus by equipping it once in. But when I enter a warfront with it already equipped I get the full bonus, or so it says - maybe it's showing it but not applying it. I can also take it off, lose the bonus, and reequip it and regain bonus just fine if it's worn before entering.

I do lose some vengeance entering a warfront but not much because of the crystal.

Without crystal - http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2...1127183148.jpg

With crystal - http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6...1127183145.jpg

Normal, not in warfront - http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/7...1127183129.jpg

Plus I get the crystal's bonus even if I take off all my PvP gear, and when I do I barely even lose stats. I do think it calls for more experimentation though. I want to try wearing my superior PvE gear once in a warfront and see if I can maximize my stats. Another time though.

(and again like I said, I cannot make up for the loss of the crystal's +spell power in PvE by wearing the gear I'm getting with better stats but that negate the crystal's set bonus. I've tried. It's always a spell power and endurance loss even though each individual piece is better than the PvP gear it's replacing.)
    Last edited by Nargauzius; 11-27-2012 at 07:27 PM.

+ Reply to Thread