+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Does valor work?

  1. #1
    Icw
    Icw is offline
    Telaran Icw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    90

    Default Does valor work?

    I almost got one shot, by one shot....I mean 1 channel locked

    Rebuke ticked for a little of 4k four times and dropped me 16k health. One more tick and I would of been DEAD! Keep in mind, I'm at full 60 pvp gear w/ enchants etc. 3840 valor 58.2% damage reduction for player damage.

    Maybe I should just start recording all this stuff I see and make a big compilation and send to dev's. As a pvp warrior, do you guys see ridiculous crap like this out there?

    PS.Yes, I screen-shotted it too but I'm too lazy to paintout names and upload. I'll upload if people are really that suprised (but I figure majority won't.)

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Don't worry , it's nothing new, in Trion's mind armor and strength = cloth and intelligence , to make warrior pvp more balanced just level a rogue.

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icw View Post
    I almost got one shot, by one shot....I mean 1 channel locked

    Rebuke ticked for a little of 4k four times and dropped me 16k health. One more tick and I would of been DEAD! Keep in mind, I'm at full 60 pvp gear w/ enchants etc. 3840 valor 58.2% damage reduction for player damage.

    Maybe I should just start recording all this stuff I see and make a big compilation and send to dev's. As a pvp warrior, do you guys see ridiculous crap like this out there?

    PS.Yes, I screen-shotted it too but I'm too lazy to paintout names and upload. I'll upload if people are really that suprised (but I figure majority won't.)
    I wear no pvp gear and have a little bit over 4k valor. Everyone effectively has a full set of merc gear without having the gear.

  4. #4
    Icw
    Icw is offline
    Telaran Icw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    90

    Default

    How 'bout them assassin rogues...At least it doesn't take 1 spell for them to completely annihilate my hp I look at optimistically.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patchez View Post
    I wear no pvp gear and have a little bit over 4k valor. Everyone effectively has a full set of merc gear without having the gear.

    Does that mean PVP gear is obsolete now? Everyone I see in warfronts are wearing PVE gear and rapping people, including people that are wearing a full set of the PVP gear. Looking at the gear there really isn't that much of an upgrade from teir to teir and everyone is saying PVP gear is not worth buying anymore. I might see 3 people in a warfront with PVP gear and the rest are wearing their PVE gear. Is there something I'm missing or can someone explain it to me. Is it worth all the time and effort to earn the PVP gear or is it better to just cruise through like everyone else with their PVE gear?
    Last edited by Corvinus; 12-14-2012 at 02:53 PM.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Ovdisaier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corvinus View Post
    Does that mean PVP gear is obsolete now? Everyone I see in warfronts are wearing PVE gear and rapping people, including people that are wearing a full set of the PVP gear. Looking at the gear there really isn't that much of an upgrade from teir to teir and everyone is saying PVP gear is not worth buying anymore. I might see 3 people in a warfront with PVP gear and the rest are wearing their PVE gear. Is there something I'm missing or can someone explain it to me. Is it worth all the time and effort to earn the PVP gear or is it better to just cruise through like everyone else with their PVE gear?
    Quote from patch notes when Storm Legion was released:
    WARFRONT BOLSTERING 2.0
    * 1-59 Warfront Brackets: Other then access to higher ability ranks and talent gains, all players should now be boosted to the max level effectiveness available in the bracket.
    * Level 60 Warfronts and Conquest: Bolstering at max level now has less to do with rank, and is instead focused on the PVP Gear you have equipped

    * Instead of boosting individual stats if they are below the desired ranks goals, or capping individual stats when you are above those goals we now examine each piece of gear to determine if it needs to be replaced or ignored.
    - Each slot is compared against the lowest set of PVP gear available.
    - If your gear is less powerful its stats will be replaced with the Mercenary set.
    - If the gear you have equipped lacks Valor and is more powerful its stats will be replaced with gear from the Mercenary set.

    - Procs and Runes have no effect if they are replaced.
    - Synergy Crystal Bonuses use your equipped items to determine which bonuses are applied.
    - Synergy Crystals, Greater Essences, Trinkets and Seals are excluded from Bolstering.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    I stand toe to toe with N. Rebuke and pull off wins.

    UNTIL THEY NERF ME LOL. Balance is not being able to kill a cleric in a stand off when they use N. Rebuke. Duhhzies.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-14-2012 at 08:11 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  8. #8
    Plane Walker Saia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icw View Post
    I almost got one shot, by one shot....I mean 1 channel locked

    Rebuke ticked for a little of 4k four times and dropped me 16k health. One more tick and I would of been DEAD! Keep in mind, I'm at full 60 pvp gear w/ enchants etc. 3840 valor 58.2% damage reduction for player damage.

    Maybe I should just start recording all this stuff I see and make a big compilation and send to dev's. As a pvp warrior, do you guys see ridiculous crap like this out there?

    PS.Yes, I screen-shotted it too but I'm too lazy to paintout names and upload. I'll upload if people are really that surprised (but I figure majority won't.)

    u must wait for now..casters are weak and they need to be buffed at damage and heals.

    In the near future only rogues will be nerfed big time, so stay calm and enjoy ,casters that do 20k damage in 4 sec will be common..and are here to stay
    Last edited by Saia; 12-14-2012 at 08:22 PM.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Nsyr's got nerfed already..and it will probably get nerfed again. Hang tight.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saia View Post
    u must wait for now..casters are weak and they need to be buffed at damage and heals.

    In the near future only rogues will be nerfed big time, so stay calm and enjoy ,casters that do 20k damage in 4 sec will be common..and are here to stay
    Yoda, speak English.

  11. #11
    Sword of Telara Atropus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    855

    Default

    "I'll take 'Basic PVP' for 400, Alex."
    "These common tactics easily disrupt a three second channel with a one minute cooldown."
    "What are Interrupts, Silences, Stuns and Line of Sight?"
    "We have a new Jeopardy champion!"

    No, seriously. It was ticking for 4k you say? How quaint! I remember when it was ticking for 7k. Then it was OP. Now it's a Rogue builder, a Jagged Strike tick, one sixth of a Conflux, one third of a Fulminate, a quarter of a Dual Pulse... you get the idea.

    Does getting hit by all four ticks hurt? Of course. Does being a bad in PVP who lacks awareness, reaction speed or team play hurt in PVP? Even moreso.

    Come back when Empowered Shot can't be cast twice with Rapid Fire Shot in the same time frame as Nysyr's, and hit for about 10k/second.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atropus View Post

    No, seriously. It was ticking for 4k you say? How quaint! I remember when it was ticking for 7k.
    It ticks for 7k crits if you are unlucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropus View Post
    Then it was OP.
    So removing 3/4 qaurters of your health at LEAST is balanced? Sounds legit.


    Quote Originally Posted by Atropus View Post
    Now it's a Rogue builder,
    a Jagged Strike tick, one sixth of a Conflux, one third of a Fulminate, a quarter of a Dual Pulse... you get the idea.
    Fulminate requires 110 charge and requires 5 combust stacks and 20% damage buff to do a 14k CRIT.
    That's a long set up for one ability.
    Nysyr's?
    Just hit it, boom, headshot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Atropus View Post
    Does getting hit by all four ticks hurt? Of course. Does being a bad in PVP who lacks awareness, reaction speed or team play hurt in PVP? Even moreso.
    Any good cleric worth their salt is not going to waste their Nysyr's on someone who can easily LOS after the first tick.
    Or do it in range of their interrupts, unless of course its a marksman which we establish is already OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropus View Post
    Come back when Empowered Shot can't be cast twice with Rapid Fire Shot in the same time frame as Nysyr's, and hit for about 10k/second.
    One spec being overpowered does NOT negate the overpowered behavior of another spec.
    Rb/champ was OP, that doesn't change the fact that MM was OP as well during 1.11!

    Perhaps instead of calling everyone bad, you should invest time into knowing what is actually competitive.

    Hint: its not this game.

  13. #13
    Sword of Telara Atropus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    855

    Default

    Nysyr's requires Clinging Spirit and Spiritual Deficiency in order to maximize out put. That's a 3 second cast + 1 GCD in order to hit for it's max potential. Yes, you can have an instant BoD waiting, but then again, a Pyro can have full charge and Prime waiting as well, so that's moot.

    As for removing 3/4th of your HP with a single cast, every other calling has a similar ability, and a lot of other abilities hit even harder in a smaller time frame, so I fail to see how NR is the main outlier.

    In regards to not allowing LoS/being outside of interrupt range, if you're outside of interrupt range, they can easily take two more steps from your 100% stationary self to interrupt the channel. Or, take one step towards your 100% stationary self and cast their interrupt. Or stun. Or silence. Or get a single heal in the span of 3 seconds to mitigate the damage.

    Finally, a rebuttle to your argument in regards of OP justification, and individual player skill. Currently every class has OP burst. This means the burden of individual player skill is a greater contributing factor in PVP. Even moreso with gear normalization. Thus, the winner of any individual conflict, be it 1v1, a gank, an ambush, WAGGGGGH! or any other situation has no distinct overwhelming advantage, outside of a single tick. In which case, the unaware party has no one to blame but themselves for being caught unawares in the first place. If everyone is on semi-equal footing, and everyone is accountable for their own failures, I can't understand how the game is not more competitive.

    Sorry, that was long winded. I meant to say "LOL noob! L2P, scrub! Do you even Rift? TROLLOLOLO!"
    Last edited by Atropus; 12-14-2012 at 10:53 PM.

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I stand toe to toe with N. Rebuke and pull off wins.

    UNTIL THEY NERF ME LOL. Balance is not being able to kill a cleric in a stand off when they use N. Rebuke. Duhhzies.
    As I've always said, balance: MM, Assassin, rs/nb, pyro, tempest, and nysyrs. They are getting the rogue part right, which will still leave it as the best pvp calling to play regardless with best CC, movement, stealth (escape) poisons from procs, GCD, range. Just they should be doing the same damage as everyone, not all this and more damage.

    I 100% believe rogues are the best calling even after balancing the damage as long as they don't go overboard, which I don't think they will. I believe most people know this in any MMO due to its surprise abilities and usually fast speeds and utilities. Its why its the #1 picked calling in a lot of MMO's, not just Rift to start with.

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atropus View Post
    Nysyr's requires Clinging Spirit and Spiritual Deficiency in order to maximize out put. That's a 3 second cast + 1 GCD in order to hit for it's max potential. Yes, you can have an instant BoD waiting, but then again, a Pyro can have full charge and Prime waiting as well, so that's moot.
    Hmm reallynow.
    Lets see it takes about a minute in order for a pyro to charge themselves up to full charge.
    Meanwhile a cleric takes what, 4 seconds?
    Oh and they have the possibility of an instant BoD?

    Yeah don't even TRY to play the preparation card.
    It doesn't even work.


    Quote Originally Posted by Atropus View Post
    As for removing 3/4th of your HP with a single cast, every other calling has a similar ability, and a lot of other abilities hit even harder in a smaller time frame, so I fail to see how NR is the main outlier.
    Again, so what?
    Simply because there are other broken abilities does not justify the OP behavior of Nysyr's rebuke.
    MM has been OP for an insane amount of time.
    Rb/Champ was also OP.

    Rb/champ being OP, doesn't lessen the fact that MM was OP.

    Just as the fact that being able to do fulminate+fusillade+inferno is OP.
    So is being able to rip 16k off someone's health with a single ability is OP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Atropus View Post
    In regards to not allowing LoS/being outside of interrupt range, if you're outside of interrupt range, they can easily take two more steps from your 100% stationary self to interrupt the channel.
    Nysyr's Rebuke: 30 Meter Range

    Really?
    What world are you playing where a Cleric is going to stand 2 steps away from melee?
    Oh wait I forgot, everyone is conveniently a marksman

    30 Meter Range
    Or, take one step towards your 100% stationary self and cast their interrupt. Or stun. Or silence. Or get a single heal in the span of 3 seconds to mitigate the damage.[/quote]
    Again, what world do you play in where everyone sits right within melee range of you?
    Even if we assume range spec vs range spec, this is assuming you don't use ANY of the CC tools you have ability.

    Did you also know that latency also plays a role?
    In what world do you play in where everyone functions at a perfect level?
    In which case, oh snap, no one gets hut by anything.

    You do realize the same argument can be applied towards a Rogue yes?
    Oh what's that/ Empowered ~~>RFS ~~>Empowered?
    No big deal, just stun him and he can't combo you!


    now while nysyr's is more reasonably handled than MM combos and pyro combos, the ease of set up does not justify being able to rip of 3/4ths of your opponents health.

    Especially in a TEAM based game where there is alot more than JUST the cleric casting Nysyr's rebuke on you.

    30 Meter Range
    Finally, a rebuttle to your argument in regards of OP justification, and individual player skill. Currently every class has OP burst.[/quote]
    you're simply going in circles.
    AGain, who cares?

    So what if other callings have OP burst?
    The discussion is Nysyr's Rebuke.
    If you want to discuss other callings burst feel free to do so, doesn't change the fact that nyyr's rebuke is ridiculous in its damage and ease of set up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Atropus View Post
    Sorry, that was long winded. I meant to say "LOL noob! L2P, scrub! Do you even Rift? TROLLOLOLO!"
    Ah well in that case. *walks away*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts