+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: New PvP marks?

Default New PvP marks?

So I was browsing the level 60 epic pvp gear and noticed that now we need favour, the original piece of gear in that series, and some new warlord mark now. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get those marks?
    Vanilla Rift (Cleared) - ToDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 1/4

Quote Originally Posted by Saeleth View Post
    So I was browsing the level 60 epic pvp gear and noticed that now we need favour, the original piece of gear in that series, and some new warlord mark now. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get those marks?
    Part of the quest rewards once you're in that prestige tier, from what I hear.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Sword of Telara

i heard once you win 50 matches you start to get rewarded

You have to hit level 60 before you can wear Mercenary armour, then you need to grind Prestige out to get Prestige rank 60. Then you can buy the Freelancer armour what you need is the required mercenary armour and the stated favor.

Then you need to grind prestige to get to Prestige rank 70 and now you can wear Warlord armour
    Last edited by Lonyn; 11-27-2012 at 02:33 AM.

Soulwalker

weekly = 9 marks
    daily random warzone = 3 marks
    totall marks in a week = 30

marks needed for prestige rank 60 + 70 main/offhand = 30x

basicly you grind first to prestige rank 60 up on that time you have to play a warzone a day and the 3-3-3 wins for weekly and atleast a 3 month sub to get the 60ty set and another 5 months for the 70ty set + weapon.

HF!

Ascendant

what do you mean by "grind" ? doing pvp? Isnt that what you want to do, doing pvp? How can that be a grind? and
    if its grind for you, why you do it? cause all you can do after that "grind" is doing more of when you reached you goal, or do you want to stop playing when you got the gear, as playing pvp is a grind for you? im confused...
    Last edited by Antigonos; 11-27-2012 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joies View Post
    weekly = 9 marks
    daily random warzone = 3 marks
    totall marks in a week = 30

marks needed for prestige rank 60 + 70 main/offhand = 30x

basicly you grind first to prestige rank 60 up on that time you have to play a warzone a day and the 3-3-3 wins for weekly and atleast a 3 month sub to get the 60ty set and another 5 months for the 70ty set + weapon.

HF!
    ohohohohoho, i like your style.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    what do you mean by "grind" ? doing pvp? Isnt that what you want to do, doing pvp? How can that be a grind? and
    if its grind for you, why you do it? cause all you can do after that "grind" is doing more of when you reached you goal, or do you want to stop playing when you got the gear, as playing pvp is a grind for you? im confused...
    Probably because it lengthens the grind unnecessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Probably because it lengthens the grind unnecessarily.
    What grind?
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

im confused...
    And it's quite obvious that you are.

The "grind" is that PVP'ing stops mattering once you hit r60. Your sole focus is now doing the dailies and weekly to get your one piece of gear a week (or per 2 weeks), by which you will also end up capping prestige, I imagine.

It's a terrible design that no one asked for, and will only serve to further the gap between veterans and new players so Trion doesn't have to actually work at keeping PVP content/gear relevant.
    Last edited by Leif; 11-27-2012 at 06:24 AM.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    The "grind" is that PVP'ing stops mattering once you hit r60.
    Frustrated sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Frustrated sigh.
    Whether you enjoy PVP'ing absent of rewards/gear progression or not is irrelevant to the fact that, at r60+, gear progression is a function of dailies/weeklies completed, not PVP matches completed.

That would be analagous to the most viable method of gearing up in PVE being expert dailies, rather than killing bosses.

And personally, I do want reasonable rewards/gear progression, because 90% of the actual PVP in this game ****ing sucks.
    Last edited by Leif; 11-27-2012 at 07:01 AM.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by micshaz View Post
    ohohohohoho, i like your style.
    havent hit 60 and even really looked around the pvp area in tempest bay but i will be there shortly. i know the 1 daily is automatic. whats the 3-3-3 thing you are talking about. is this a weekly quest i have to pick up somewhere? can i pick it up before i hit lvl 60?

edit: lol responded to wrong post /facepalm but the one i wanted to respond to is in the pile somewhere......
    Last edited by Ehxon; 11-27-2012 at 04:56 PM.

I'm more concerned about needing to have pve currency to buy pvp gear

Rainingblood
    "Live for nothing, or die for something." -John Rambo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast