+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: stop the torture

Champion

Default stop the torture

It's my monthly visit to the boards to ask a question or gripe about something.

Today it's a gripe. neddra's torture - 16 point warlock

Why penalize in this way? It doesn't really make any sense to me. Why not silence me for healing also? Maybe DPS can be disarmed, silenced or incapacitated for doing damage every 10 seconds, because I'd like that. I'll take the damage from this when I cleanse, but the silencing is ridiculous.

At least provide an ability to selectively purge debuffs on people to counter this.

I'm tired of getting silenced for cleansing people. The silencing is already too prevalent, but this seems a little overboard. Leave silencing to a separate explicit skill used on the person you want to silence.

If I understand the current DR situation, having a silence of 3 seconds provides 1.5 seconds the next time followed by a 1.5 second immunity, then rinse and repeat. I'd rather have a longer silence that I can burn my purge on, which would trigger a longer immunity. It's too disruptive with the current DR and immunity.

Give back burning spellstones with the 2 sec reduction to silencing.

Holy cow, does that proc upon cleansing ANYTHING on the target? Not just the Neddra's itself?

Seems as silly and nonstrategic as unbreakable roots in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Holy cow, does that proc upon cleansing ANYTHING on the target? Not just the Neddra's itself?

I'm not familiar with the tooltip, but if that's what happening, it sounds like a pretty clear bug to bring up in the mage bugs thread.

'Cause, you know, Kervik actually uses it.
    Last edited by Leif; 11-26-2012 at 10:21 AM.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

Shield of Telara

Not wild about pick your poison spells, but this one is particularly diabolical. Not a fan, but then again I'm probably not in target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post

It procs upon cleansing any damage over time effect on the target, which any warlock with half a brain will apply before using neddra's torture.

It's perfectly fine the way it is (I find it quite weak tbh), as warlocks are entirely dependent on DoTs for their dps. Being able to completely prevent their damage with deny, sterilize or plain cleanse spam was ridiculous.
    Last edited by Deathwhisperzz; 11-26-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Champion

No, but sometimes you've got to remove this to get to the good stuff. If TI is buried under it, you've got to go through it first.

Since there's no way to counter it, other than let someone debuffed sit and wait it out, it doesn't seem like a great ability.

Champion

It procs upon cleansing any damage over time effect on the target, which any warlock with half a brain will apply before using neddra's torture.

It's perfectly fine the way it is (I find it quite weak tbh), as warlocks are entirely dependent on DoTs for their dps. Being able to completely prevent their damage with deny, sterilize or plain cleanse spam was ridiculous.
    But the problem is it doesn't just remove itself after firing once, right? If you have 3 dots on a target, then add Neddra's, someone cleansing will be silence 3 times before they get to the neddra's, right?

The silencing is too frequent.

Plane Touched

I vote for Fireball to be a 3 sec silence instead (since it no longer does much damage)

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmyzz View Post
    But the problem is it doesn't just remove itself after firing once, right? If you have 3 dots on a target, then add Neddra's, someone cleansing will be silence 3 times before they get to the neddra's, right?

The silencing is too frequent.
    No, it does remove itself. So if you need to remove 3 DoTs from the target, you'll only be silenced once. Unless of course he applied neddra's torture 10 sec earlier (it's got a 16 sec duration), then he'd be able to apply neddra's torture again right after the end of the silence.

Sounds painfull.

Especially when combined with a sab loading bombs up on you or a sin dropping dots. You could probably heal through the lock dots without too much problem, just annoying, but a combination could create a problem, especially on a warden build with that 6x cleanse ability. definately should have a diminishing return built in.

In other news: My mage has found a new "breakthrough" anti-zimmy build, moar at 11.......
    AXAZE 70/R100 Clerc
    XITH 70/R100 Warrior
    REVELER 70/R100 Rog
    ZAXA 70/R100 finger waggler

Champion of Telara

I dont understand why we can't use silence reducing stones on our helms, but rogues and warriors can still put noise cancelling coating on their weapons and silence players in PvP with a proc that appears to have no diminishing returns.

One consumable should not be more or less useful in PvP than another of a similar nature. Rogues (hell, and warriors) have sufficient CC to not need a proc working in PvP -- or Casters have to deal with silence enough to warrant the need for a silence duration reduction consumable in PvP.
    Last edited by Patchkid; 11-26-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Yeah, silences are out of control without a doubt. Combined with high burst this makes it miserable to be a healer in 2.0.

Is a star healer like zim actually complaining about a warlock skill???? Wow. Im pretty sure i am going to lose respectforu. Mages are failsauce inpvp versus cleric. A dot purgesilence is nothing. Just play mage and pour tears. You are better than this Zim, I know you are, I have fought u many times. Complain whenmy cinderburst or lightingburzt or any other fail mage burst hits you formore then2k. Until then.... No tearz please, u r a better player than that
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

Plane Walker

Honestly I don't have much problem with torture even when a warlock is smart enough to use it (surprising how few warlocks I see do though). My bane is noise cancelling coating and priest's lament. Both seem to bypass the immunity timer. I'd put sab silence aoe there too if it weren't for the fact that it's so easy to move out of.

ETA: I'm also fine with torture affecting the warden CD cleanse. What I don't like is that the sent and chloro aoe cleanse can proc it.
    Last edited by Shoggoth1890; 11-26-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ic0N View Post
    Im pretty sure i am going to lose respectforu. Mages are failsauce inpvp versus cleric. A dot purgesilence is nothing. Just play mage and pour tears. You are better than this Zim, I know you are, I have fought u many times. Complain whenmy cinderburst or lightingburzt or any other fail mage burst hits you formore then2k. Until then.... No tearz please, u r a better player than that
    Attachment 8527

Go home.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast