+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Healers in Warfronts (Devs should read)

Shadowlander

Default Healers in Warfronts (Devs should read)

After playing WFs all week, I can assuredly say there is no fun to be had bringing yourself into these as a healer anymore in this game (at least as cleric). I've tried multiple specs and given this as much patience as I have. The problem is that I have no survivability at all. No matter what CDs I blow, I am decimated immediately in big fights even if I'm not directly targeted (aoe proximity kills me way quickly). Healing is already a thankless job in pvp, why make it not fun/viable? Your balance is off at the moment. Please fix this. Thanks.

Healing and absorbs are fine IMO, it's the damage that needs reduced @30% across the board to give PvP some strategy back.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Healing is so gimp now. It's very unpleasant to heal.

Not fun at all.

The healing is wayyyy behind the amount of burst damage.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

I lol @ this post

Please dev give them what they want so i can be MORE OP!.

Prophet of Telara

Im just hoping it will be different at lvl 60 when Valour becomes useful again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    Healing and absorbs are fine IMO, it's the damage that needs reduced @30% across the board to give PvP some strategy back.
    Ya make everyone hit like a wet noodle, that'll make everyone happy

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Im just hoping it will be different at lvl 60 when Valour becomes useful again.
    Even worse at 60.

Clerics still can win just by healing... its fine.
    Some specs just deal way toooooooo muuuuch damage, like Inq or MM.
    Last edited by Morwath; 11-24-2012 at 05:23 AM.

I'm not too sure what aoe spec is killing you, but I do agree burst is high.

High sent spec is yer best answer. You may have to blow CDs if FF (well prolly) but you have a handy dandy reset button.

I roll with 46 Sent/21 Warden/2 Puri at level 53. I do just fine, I have so many CDs it's not even funny.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Don't take this the wrong way, but this post says nothing that hasn't already been said in far more active threads, so I'm not sure why you feel devs should pay it special attention.

*shrug*
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Rift Disciple

Not level 50 yet, but I played a healer in some warfronts this weekend. Overall I found it fine. If I was focus fired by a player I needed to do nothing but heal myself to keep alive - and at that I found myself slowly losing the battle. 2+ people and I surely dropped.
    There were some players that would drop me very quickly 1v1, and that I thought was probably out of balance.
    I think that some dps specs should beat out a healer 1v1 after a long while. However, I don't think a single dps should be able to drop a healer in 10 seconds, as I had happen a few times.

Ascendant

i predicted this many times. as long as trion doesnt adress the STACKING of aoe dmg, there will NEVER be a balancing cause of the scaling of participants. As long as you let AOE stack unlimited, you cant balance for 5vs5 and on the same way for 15vs15 or more.

this already was a BIG problem in Warhammer:Online and it took mythic over a year to realise it. Trion is on the same process obviously. They try balancing by decreasing/increasing the dmg/heal figures but that WONT WORK!

Same goes für AOE healing actually.

The easiest way would be to just eliminate AOE damage and AOE healing alltogether in PVP.

On the other hand to op: Clerics are BY FAR not as vulnerable as you want us to tell here

Still blows my mind that people get wrecked by stacked AoE damage.

Boggled the mind in Warhammer, too, outside of Lord rooms in keeps.

Maybe we need to ditch ranged AoE and bring things back to the glorious powerful PBAoE era. I miss bomb groups.
    Last edited by Kyera; 11-24-2012 at 06:07 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

up the heal or reduce DPS, but pls devs do something for that ****....
    Viseron - Clerc - <Blit'z> (Palier 1 clean ES 3/4 IG 1/3 BP 1/5)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast