+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Valnak
  • 1 Post By Antigonos

Thread: Random Warfront Bonus why XP and not favor??

Ascendant

Default Random Warfront Bonus why XP and not favor??

Does anyone also think, there should be a favor bonus rather than an experience bonus? Why is trion so obsessed to get PVE players into their warfronts? They only cause trouble anyway...

There is a favor bonus. It's just a silly UI - you have to scroll down to see it.

I think he's talking about the default random with 0 charges. It only awards EXP.

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    Does anyone also think, there should be a favor bonus rather than an experience bonus? Why is trion so obsessed to get PVE players into their warfronts? They only cause trouble anyway...
    No. I don't even think there should be a reward when it has expired its triggers. Why do pvp'ers cry so much about needing everything. It was perfectly fine before and the XP being thrown in for expiring the initial bonuses was pure gift.

Give them an inch and they'll want a mile. Why so such corny old time phrases hold so much truth.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-23-2012 at 12:20 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I really really like the concept of random WFs, except for the whole "not rewarding exp" business.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    No. I don't even think there should be a reward when it has expired its triggers. Why do pvp'ers cry so much about needing everything. It was perfectly fine before and the XP being thrown in for expiring the initial bonuses was pure gift.

Give them an inch and they'll want a mile. Why so such corny old time phrases hold so much truth.
    players wish to play in the manner they enjoy most.
    for many, this is pve, with occasional forays into pvp. the nature of pve ensures large amounts of xp is earned.

for others, they'd rather spend most of their play time in pvp, with only rare excursions into pve. ussualy just advancing story quests or doing specific quests/dungeons/raids to acquire specific items.

currently, the difference in xp gained per hour between pve and pvp is huge. all those who hit 60 within the first 24hrs of the first player doing so, did it by grinding pve. those who have focused mostly on pvp are still a few levels away, with the greatest grind still ahead.

why are you so against players enjoying the game the way they wish to?
    pvpers what the mile because that is what the pveers already have, and have always had. the good news for you is, if the pvpers get their mile, you still get to keep yours too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Soulwalker

it's not even working , i dont get any xp when winning a random warfront (:
    only when you got this +-67000 xp .. but not the 23000
    bugged ?

Ascendant

The thing is: With 60 and PA full. The bonus ads NOTHING for a pvper. And a warfront is PVP, so i think
    the reward should be a PVP rewards not a PVE reward.

you could make untill 60 its XP then it changes to favor instead?

I like random warfronts, and i think lvl60+ it would be used besides dailies much more often if it offered a pvp reward.

Ascendant

You don't get anything extra doing LFG dungeon runs after you've used all the bonuses, why should warfronts be any different?

Ascendant

so what? rewarding random bg is a nice way to spread population out and make queuing faster for anyone.

you do know that in warfronts there are NO other rewards/items despite favor and prestige in contrary to dungeons?

Meh I pvp only for a shot @ a Fluffy drop..idk what everyone else plays for
    Gideonhawke@Deepwood <Is Bad>

+ Reply to Thread