+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Trion has removed the frontline

Default Trion has removed the frontline

Now that warriors can destroy you in 1 gcd with tempest there's no reason for them to play melee, removing the front line from pvp.

Discuss.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Darkjoy View Post
    Now that warriors can destroy you in 1 gcd with tempest there's no reason for them to play melee, removing the front line from pvp.

Discuss.
    No. There are other threads on this.

/thread

I think it takes a bit more then one gcd for tempest. However I have a thread open about this problem under "wtb a reason to melee"

I would love for them to nerf tempest maybe I won't be the only full dps melee warrior anymore :P
    Last edited by Keota; 11-22-2012 at 02:59 PM.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

no worries lots of poor harbringers to replace them ! i think trion is playing a joke on mages, like a super long april fool's day

for the moment i'm level 55 and its still ok to play melee though i had to abandon hb/pyro/ele for hb/chlo as survavibility was too low. i can only speculate on the end game but it looks like the underlying problem is not necessqrly temptest but the fact that clerics have no incentive to play heal since damage output is too high at 60 and nysyr is still too good to resist playing dps. No heal = less melee.

I run Druid for lulz on my Cleric occasionally. It hits fairly hard. Cleric frontliners ftw!
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    I think it takes a bit more then one gcd for tempest. However I have a thread open about this problem under "wtb a reason to melee"

I would love for them to nerf tempest maybe I won't be the only full dps melee warrior anymore :P
    LOL go ahead...melee...other callings will kill you much quicker than a warrior can kill...have fun

Ladonna: 60 Warrior, Greybriar P52
    Astilabor: 50 Rogue, Greybriar P26
    Aurilla: 50 Mage, Greybriar P2
    Falazure: 50 Cleric, Greybriar
    Formerly of Millrush

Quote Originally Posted by Darkjoy View Post

Discuss.
    The ranged kiters will be here any min

Trion didn't remove the front line, the warriors on the other side did.

Ranged kiter reporting for duty.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-24-2012 at 04:06 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Lol i do miss a front line, now its kinda hard for me to play front line as healer, which is what i liked doing :/

Front-line does exist, but just cannot be established by pure DPS melee spec anymore. I saw many good tanky, extremely high hp, and hardworking warrior crated the front-line for the team in almost every WF. I appreciated their effort so much so that I can pew pew safely from the back.

All melee souls should get +% survi in gifts, maybe except NB and Sin.

To be honest...I tried making a 61 RS spec combined with bard/tact to see if I could play a frontline type role and take the heat off ranged DPS. I found it worked pretty well, in just my beginner merc set of pvp gear with 1 pvp essence, I was able to buff up to 42k HP in the raid and live for quite a while behind enemy lines. Rotate some good CDs, get in peoples face, aoe them with stuff, play aggressive and get peoples attention (or their tab). In that spec my get-away is a memory capture back to my enemy team before my DP expires (forgot to use it sometimes ). After the initial push at the beginning of the warfront, looked at the damage taken and I had the highest damage taken in the WF. That is the definition of a beefy front line in some ways. I don't have to be doing face smashing damage if I have other people on my team doing it to my targets I'm harassing.

My team was pretty safe and I don't think we had many casualties. Of course this role doesn't work without heals and dps - all part of a team. But if the team is there I think a very heavy tank spec can do a reasonable job in PuG warfronts. Which having many with 15+ players, is all of them.

Not my favorite role, but I saw it do it's job like it seems it should. If I take a lot of damage and can make it back safely, that is good damage that might have been put on healers/dps. I don't think a tank neccesarily fools a smart player, if they have heals they will maybe step some and keep their focus - knowing I don't hurt much. But if heals are weak on the enemy, even my pathetic damage can make people have to react some-way if they want to live longer.

2c
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-24-2012 at 06:13 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    ...snip....
    LOL That sounds fun! I don't dare to try that coz I prefer to be at range. Prevoiusly, DPS Riftbalde stole that job from tank spec. Now the Holy Trinity can enjoy WF.

PS:But seriously, tone down damage done in WF a bit to match healing done please.

I already tossed the spec for now to play with more things. Just wanted to see how do-able it was .
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Trion didn't remove the front line, the warriors on the other side did.

Ranged kiter reporting for duty.
    yeah warriors switched because it's **Easier** to do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast