+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning- wow- what's the new PVP server?

Default Returning- wow- what's the new PVP server?

Just logged on and my two old school pvp servers (DeepStrike and Bricarcliff) are now TRIAL SERVERS?

I only see ONE full blown PVP (Seastone) and it has low population??? This is crazy.....did the game die this year? Where did everyone go?

This is amazing!... like DAOC all over again...where did all the PVPers go?
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

No point in being on a pvp server over a pve, unless you're a rogue atleast.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Default ..

Well, yes I'm a rogue so don't mind the zergs as much- but even then last year at least there was a high pop on many (most) servers. Only Wolfsbane has a high pop now, pve only, Seastone- has Low? that kind of sucks....
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    Well, yes I'm a rogue so don't mind the zergs as much- but even then last year at least there was a high pop on many (most) servers. Only Wolfsbane has a high pop now, pve only, Seastone- has Low? that kind of sucks....
    Guilds on PVP servers can't have mixed factions and therefore are at a disadvantage. Most of the best pvp'ers seem to be on pve servers now.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanX View Post
    Most of the best pvp'ers seem to be on pve servers now.
    Best carebears maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Best carebears maybe.
    No, we mean pvpers. 5mans, 2mans, pug wfs, etc.

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Best carebears maybe.
    Is that a challenge?
    Fluent

The ONLY reason I am on a PvE shard is because I can play with my guardian friends. As long as PvP shards cannot mix factions and q with each other they will always be low population.

Reason being the population is so small in the game that its more convenient to have a larger pool of players to play with vs just one faction of them.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    Is that a challenge?
    Once you get on Bloodiron... ^^

Friends, a vastly better server economy and you can nearly live out the same worthy pvp experience within this game on a pve server minus the world killing. That is why I moved. I guess I haven't seen Seastones economy as of late. But if the pop is still going lower and nothing has changed, I don't see why much would have changed.

We are all one cluster though now and WF's/(hopefully) CQ is where the scene will be. Here is to hoping CQ got a nice design revamp and is more alluring. And maybe with the random WF bonus being favorable to choose, the devs can add in more WF's without the possibly concern of having too many WFs and thinning the population. The random que is a great idea to have a lot of WF and still good timed ques with many people on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    Reason being the population is so small in the game that its more convenient to have a larger pool of players to play with vs just one faction of them.
    Doubt it is low population. It's just a huge stifle in community togetherness to completely build a wall between the players in game. It works decent for pvp. I imagine for raiding it was great. No more, oh, I left my guild and can't join X guild cause I'm stuck on this faction. Sort of just makes sense to allow cross grouping. Never should have had it that way in the first place. Just like forcing faction in WFs. Way smoother under the hood design to do it that way in many areas of the game.

True it might not be needed with an excessive population. But from a design stand point I'd say it was just improvements.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-21-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Soulwalker

If pvp was like lineage 2 back in the day life would be simple. Faction pvp is fail. Always has been always will be

+ Reply to Thread