+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Misun

Thread: I think something should also be done about AFK/non-helpers

Rift Chaser

Default I think something should also be done about AFK/non-helpers

With the lack of CQ i have been seeing massive numbers of players, that the only term i can come up with is CQ noobs. They are people that only pvped doing CQ and now are forced into warfronts. They seem to think that warfronts are like CQ in that... they arent really afk... they just arent doing anything. NOTHING. They move around but dont help in anyway. So here is my idea...

You are kicked if you are AFK and not allowed to rejoin Warfronts for the duration of the debuff.

There needs to be a penalty for not participating. If you dont kill anyone/heal above x amount/do an objective you need to after the match have a debuff that doesnt let you in warfronts for an hour. Itll cut down on the people that are being lemmings in Warfronts since they cant in CQ anymore.

I unfortunately have seen a good deal of afk'ers. I hit /report afk every time I leave the spawn but nothing much happens. It's whatever, the WF ends, que up again, repeat. But it is pretty irking at times the way I see people afk before even trying. I'm not even talking rage afk's. Talking afk's from the get-go. But...without a vote system I don't see any other way to forcibly handle this.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dkjester View Post
    With the lack of CQ i have been seeing massive numbers of players, that the only term i can come up with is CQ noobs. They are people that only pvped doing CQ and now are forced into warfronts. They seem to think that warfronts are like CQ in that... they arent really afk... they just arent doing anything. NOTHING. They move around but dont help in anyway. So here is my idea...

You are kicked if you are AFK and not allowed to rejoin Warfronts for the duration of the debuff.

There needs to be a penalty for not participating. If you dont kill anyone/heal above x amount/do an objective you need to after the match have a debuff that doesnt let you in warfronts for an hour. Itll cut down on the people that are being lemmings in Warfronts since they cant in CQ anymore.
    I sympathize, but it's not gonna happen. Trion isn't going to penalize someone for being an avatard.

Rift Chaser

that would make me sad

The WFs are full of leveling inert matter atm. It is as nice as I can put it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkjester View Post

This is idea from GW2: You done nothing, you get nothing. Don't judge!
    Bascially, just remove the end-game reward, remove global reward for kills.
    And Reward players that do the objects of the game like carrying the stone, capturing the flag,... killing enemies, healing, or saving teammates...,
    So if you want to earn a better amount of reward, you gotta try even harder than your teammates.
    Those that afked the whole match or just ran around and did nothing, will get nothing out of it.
    Last edited by CowardWarrior; 11-23-2012 at 02:53 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Maybe they are just rubbish

I did my first war front and did outstandingly well of getting ganged up on and mashed , for some its a case of not being good enough, I was impressed how good the guys that torched me were, it must be frustrating for any good players in my team to watch me get creamed, sorry if its one if you.

Quote Originally Posted by shagfey View Post
    I did my first war front and did outstandingly well of getting ganged up on and mashed , for some its a case of not being good enough, I was impressed how good the guys that torched me were, it must be frustrating for any good players in my team to watch me get creamed, sorry if its one if you.
    Congratulation on your 1st warfront!
    Keep it up bro!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shagfey View Post
    A genuine newbie (in this case the term is not derogatory) is worlds different from someone who....does something like repeatedly afks or plays a mage spec at 0/0/0. Random despicable stuff like that.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Non participants and leeches should be free-for-all flagged.

So even their own teammates can kill them.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

So this guy got afk kicked today in Scion after I called him out. 5 hours later he sends me tells about how I'm a [stuff I can't say here] and how he wishes he knew where I lived so he could beat me up. Or rather "I wish I knew in real life so I could kick the [turkey stuffing] out of you [bundle of sticks]"

These are the type of tools who afk.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-23-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

There are no leechers in the EU wargroup, feels bad for you murrica

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    So this guy got afk kicked today in Scion after I called him out. 5 hours later he sends me tells about how I'm a [stuff I can't say here] and how he wishes he knew where I lived so he could beat me up. Or rather "I wish I knew in real life so I could kick the [turkey stuffing] out of you [bundle of sticks]"

These are the type of tools who afk.
    Isn't that the type of threat that would earn him a ban if you report him?

Quote Originally Posted by minipara View Post
    There are no leechers in the EU wargroup, feels bad for you murrica
    There are a few in EU as well. One in particular that will stand at spawn in pretty much every Library match I've seen him in. When someone confronts him, he openly admits he can't be bothered to play. Really infuriating.

But there are a few that will run up to the first fight, die, respawn and then afk in stealth too. Suddenly more of them now that warriors got stealth...
    -Zparx of Imperium- -Icewatch-

+ Reply to Thread