+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: No healers in WF's! This is an issue !

Default No healers in WF's! This is an issue !

Since SL has launched there has been a significant decrease in the amount of healers that enter warfronts.

PvP since SL has been released is simply, NOT FUN! There's to much HP, not enough heals, and way to much DPS. Nothing, not 1 bit, is fun about this ****!

Why you ruined a good thing, I don't know. PVP used to be very fun, now it just pisses me off, I don't play games to be pissed off, I play games for fun. If rift can not provide a fun pvp experience then I'll find it else where.

Soulwalker

You can thank the healing nerfs for this. Seems Trion is following in Blizzard's footsteps by nerfing healing while keeping burst out of control. All classes have souls that can literally 1/2 shot someone, it's utterly ridiculous. But it's okay, let's just nerf healing because that's what that OTHER game has done and we have to clone them as much as possible! If this line of thought of keeping burst out of control continues I'm with you, I'm out of here as well.

General of Telara

Unfortunately it's subjective. I have been loving the PvP since release and have the same addiction to it that I lost months ago. Battles are fun and more often close than one sided, it feels a lot less kill or be killed in seconds.

Having said that, it would be nice to have more healers around especially as they make an insane difference, in fact get a few on a team and it feels impossible to kill sometimes.
    People talk about heal nerr40s yet my Guildie can single handedly keep a few people up for ages, get a couple healers and they feel to powerful.
    Last edited by Asteldian; 11-21-2012 at 05:37 AM.

Ascendant

actually there are enough healers most of the time, but the problem is: THEY DONT HEAL ^^

Here's a thought: why don't you heal yourself? Or better yet, get a guildie/friend to queue with you, run around together doing stuff. You'll have your own little pocket healer :-)

I'm going mainspec Bard this expansion, so I heal in the few warfronts I enter.
    And with every character capable of having 6 different specs, you'd think that at least 1 of them could be healing (except for warriors).
    Rogues use the same gear for dps as we do when barding, and as I've understood it mages use the same gear for healing and dps, and clerics can do decent in their dps gear.

Ascendant

What is even more interesting is that the warfronts during the betas were so full of healers that you wouldn't even be able to DPS people down if the whole team focused one player.

Obviously they all tried it in beta, realized how much it sucks to heal now and just don't bother anymore.

And when they do heal, it's always worthless aoe poop, cause mouseoverui healing in Rift was too hard already.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 11-21-2012 at 05:50 AM.

I often play a healer, but the thing is, I pretty much hate everyone I end up in a WF with , so I just don't heal them.
    Jennacide 60 Rogue Chilastra 60 Warrior Ksenia 60 Mage JulezRulez 60 Cleric

I heal in every single WF I enter simply because of the fact that there are no healers.

+1 to the OP.

Reverse the healing changes and make WFs fun again...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    What is even more interesting is that the warfronts during the betas were so full of healers that you wouldn't even be able to DPS people down if the whole team focused one player.

Obviously they all tried it in beta, realized how much it sucks to heal now and just don't bother anymore.
    thats not the reason... the reason is: on beta the dmg stats dont bother people. on live anyone wants to be #1 in damage...

to other posts regarding healing nerfs: you serious? my pocket healer is always #1 with 700-1mio. healing in wfs... and he is nearly unkillable still
    Last edited by Antigonos; 11-21-2012 at 06:04 AM.

Must be a level 50 thing because I'm leveling a Defiler mostly through warfronts and I'm getting an average of 2 players flagged as healers on each team (I've been typically flagged as support, as I am bringing some damage as well).

Plane Walker

I always heal in WFs too, and I run sent rather than the usual warden you see people in. Aoe heals still have their use if someone is running an aoe dps soul, as I'd be unlikely to heal everyone with my ST heals and pitiful aoe heals in the time it would take to kill them if enough of my team was getting hit.

The nerfs are pretty horrible though, often gotta pop all my cooldowns (including renewed altruism) to keep even one person up against just a few ppl unless those ppl aren't very good; and that's assuming not a single one of the enemies thinks to CC me. Note that when I say "keep a person up" that actually means delay their death as I have to use my CDs in a very short timespan.

In my server group there seems to be healers 90% of the time. Sometimes too many healers(!), all standing together spam healing.
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    And when they do heal, it's always worthless aoe poop, cause mouseoverui healing in Rift was too hard already.
    I cringe whenever I see a 51 Warden spamming Healing Cataract.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    actually there are enough healers most of the time, but the problem is: THEY DONT HEAL ^^
    I stopped healing in most warfronts as of R:SL (1.11 to be more exact) after seeing the changes that went through. It is HIGHLY difficult to continuously AOE heal and/or ST heal when you, yourself - are being beaten the living heck out of. You are literally spamming your own CD's to keep alive most of the time.

Sure, I am all for spike/burst damage, but with healing in the layout that it is currently in, why even bother healing for the most part. Valor or no valor, it's just not worth it as a healer. The reward is moot.

This isn't a "LOL YOU DON'T HAVE SKILL" or "LAWLNEWB lern2play" issue. This is more so the issue of damage output being too high and the healing output to help mitigate damage is flat out too low. Sure, you can stack the hell out of wardens, or chloro's(lol), or puri's and senti's in a warfront, but that isn't common now these days on the NA cluster (when I have been online, anyways). There honestly has to be some sort of common ground with pug warfronts. As it stands now, I am rather disappointed in the state of Rift's PVP. Just feels like a bomb in slow motion radiating outward, hurting more and more. Yes, I want pvp to be fun, but I enjoy healing... but healing right now in warfronts is quite difficult and tedious, to the point of 'why should i even bother with healing when i will just be focused down in an instant'.
    --BC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast