Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: wtb a reason to melee.

Default wtb a reason to melee.

Im not sure if it was the goal of Trion to completely remove pure melee dps builds from PvP but they are doing a great job of it. There is no current reason to play a melee spec (tank hybrids not included) unless you have a healer (rare sight) or there are other melee soaking up damage along side you (there isn't).

Tempest took warriors out of a small but important role and put them on a rock next to all the mages clerics and rogues raining down fire. With less melee per match every time I enter a Wf it feels like a smaller version of CQ without healers. Which in my opinion is dreadful.

Can we please have a reason to play melee builds again? Either buff healing or hand out some decent survivability because no one in their right mind is going to charge into a team of 10 rogues and mages with the sate of things.

Give incentives to heal and melee dps please because one guy cannot carry 3 dps clerics and 10 rogues and 5 mages. oh and a warrior tempest. trust me tried
    Last edited by Keota; 11-20-2012 at 10:39 PM.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

I'm never going melee again, i can finally be one of those tab targetting range sitting in the back laughing at all the poor people trying to use melee
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    I'm never going melee again, i can finally be one of those tab targetting range sitting in the back laughing at all the poor people trying to use melee
    Stop ****ing laughing at me
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    Stop ****ing laughing at me
    ahahaha, nah but ranged pvp does seem take the cake in SL so far.

melee class? they got the moves ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WRpw...eature=related

Don't give up on melee bro!

Despite the recent nerf on warrior healing, I still find melee useful in certain maps of warfront like Codex or Black Garden, maybe Library as well... Just switch to Tempest on Whitefall, and especially Karthan Ridge.

I knew a few minutes later

I WOULD /quit melee /..... GOSH IT SUX

wtb a reason to melee
    For that awesome feeling you get when you actually kill someone melee?
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

Plane Touched

im a rogue, i hate range pvp,
    i play melee only, sometimes i tried MM i saw its really powerfull

i wont play MM bacause i dont like it even its powerfull.
    but trion made mistake after another in pvp

imagine CQ now, it was range based now with range warrs its gona be only range game
    if wanna save it has to reduce dps from range specs at pvp!

melee should be 40% more powerfull than range cause its harder to play
    Last edited by Valsamis1985; 11-21-2012 at 01:57 AM.

Where my rogue is concerned, I'd play melee if I liked Assassin or if Riftstalker was a viable offensive soul. I burnt out on NB over the past year... maybe BD will be worth trying.

Cleric or warrior will probably see some melee builds once I give them a solid grind.
    Last edited by Kyera; 11-21-2012 at 08:42 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

41wl 2temp rest para depending on your level. The nerf to the wl heal sucks but i still wreck face with this one on one. I use it in every map except the new one. I do agree that since cleric DPS is OP now you never see healers in WFs which sucks at times but i usually just pick my spots to charge in. However when a good team stays in a zerg it is pretty much pointless to go melee unless u have crazy heals at your back. Honestly I just refuse to play full range, if i wanted to do that i would play an FPS.

Rift Disciple

+1 @OP

I would love to one day pvp my Sin again...problem is I am casual with no pocket healer as a best friend. WAR my witch had one and have to say it was good times tearing it up behind enemy lines at squishies.

Now my Sin is levelicious and my MM will be back in pvp soon as I get 60.

Concerning OP point of concern from a rogue perspective...Sin & other melees loses dps while getting to their target. And once on their target, it's kill and then be killed. Unless pug has absolutely no clue their healer or glass cannons are going down. 99% of the time everyone tab targets the nearest and causes the Sin to vanish without their kill....as an example. Oh not to forget trying to burn through other pocket heals while trying.

Anyways the melees needs different mechanics for pvp to be effective in general. My SWTOR sin was a lot of fun with pulls. I would love to see a pull instead of a leap. Pulling your target off to the side and spreading out turtles gob gob! Unless mob ganking, why would any rogue want to leap unto the fire?

Melees need something to motivate mixing it up. Not all of us want to be whirling warriors!
    Last edited by Hashashin; 11-21-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Shield of Telara

As I get used to my build I'm finding that I go melee more and more. I'm probably in melee range about 40% of the time, which is way up for me from when SL launched. The build I use allows me to play in whatever style tactics dictate. In the last few days I'm beginning to enjoy PVP again. The positioning and style of play have been a huge adjustment for me, but I'm starting to adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanX View Post
    As I get used to my build I'm finding that I go melee more and more. I'm probably in melee range about 40% of the time, which is way up for me from when SL launched. The build I use allows me to play in whatever style tactics dictate. In the last few days I'm beginning to enjoy PVP again. The positioning and style of play have been a huge adjustment for me, but I'm starting to adapt.
    I have to agree man Im really getting used to everything it seems as well. Im playing 54rb/xxtemp and I am enjoying myself thats for sure last night got pretty frustrating so i had to bum some pocket heals to get last 3 random wins for the night.

slowly VERY VERY EVER SO slowly but Im getting there. Im kind of taking my time to 60 because 60+ wfs sounds like a joke. I dont think I am ready for that monster yet.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    I have to agree man Im really getting used to everything it seems as well. Im playing 54rb/xxtemp and I am enjoying myself thats for sure last night got pretty frustrating so i had to bum some pocket heals to get last 3 random wins for the night.

slowly VERY VERY EVER SO slowly but Im getting there. Im kind of taking my time to 60 because 60+ wfs sounds like a joke. I dont think I am ready for that monster yet.
    LOL being in a gear based wf with no gear doesn't sound fun, but we've done it before and we'll do it again.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast