+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Still treated like the redheaded stepchild

Soulwalker

Default Still treated like the redheaded stepchild

This is not a thread about the current state of damage / healing done in WFs as we have seen alot of those crop up. ( Without a post from a blue )

This is about the gear progression we see as PvP players.

A PvE player now has more than a handfull of ways to increase gear -

* Normal / Expert dungeons ( Expert badge system )
    * Hunt Rifts
    * Upgradeable gear from both new stones ( 50-59 and 60 )
    * Crafting
    * Random drops
    * Raiding ( with another badge system )
    * The new Chronicles ( when released , and by that time it will be dated gear minus for alt play )
    * Daily and weekly quest for bonus currency ( for some of the above and rep gear )

As a PvP player I have only one avenue to take and that it is kill other players ( Which I am more than happy with )

The thing that upsets me is that the gear we get as PvPers is extremely underwelming and I will give an example.

The T1 raiding chain legs are -

3781 Armor
    100 Wis
    75 Int
    78 End
    43 SP

The rank 70 chain PvP legs are

3327 Armor
    62 Wis
    43 Int
    91 End
    32 SP
    47 Ven
    285 Val ( We all know this doesn't change )

And for all the work that we have to put in to get to that rank and farm favor and badges ( TWICE ) we get only this as a stat upgrade from the level 60 set

559 armor
    9 Wis
    7 Int
    13 End
    4 SP
    6 Ven

That progression is what makes upset. We put all of this time and effort into PvP and all we get for it is a laughable bump to our stats.

I have spent my time on the front line to rank up and become more powerful in PvP combat just as someone may have spent their time in the den of dragon to do the same in PvE. Right now it seems to me that they are better rewarded.

All in all I have a few questions hopefully a blue will respond to.

1. Why are our stats so laughable compared to the PvE players, when we put in the time to gear up?

2. Why do we HAVE to PvE to obtain our essences?

3. Why don't we have upgradeable armor / relics?

4. Where is the Dimension for the PvPers? ( I PvP and don't have hundreds / thousands of plat to play with )

5. Why do the PvE players get to jump into PvP with the level 60 set when I spent my time ranking up to only have relatively the same stats ( minus the small bump from rank gear, essence for ven / val, etc ) when I cannot do the same in PvE if for some reason I wanted to raid?

6. We currently have 1 daily random warfront quest and a weekly, why cant these give us stones so we can buy our essences sub rank 60?

i m gonna state the obvious sorry, from trion's standpoint the game should be played as a whole PvP+PvE, they care very little about people who just want to PvP and they reward Raiding over pvp grinding as they consider it more of a challenge. still Trion seems a bit schizophrenic in that area, one patch they seem to make things right pvpwise only to undo everything the next.
    so as a pvp only gamer i share your pain .....

still i love the PvP even with its currently crazy imbalanced state that we never asked for (1.7 was close to balanced if you ask me).... i just wish trion would completely differentiate PvP and PvE so we dont need to grind 10 new pve levels that completely messes up the state of pvp. well its not entirely bad as leveling through PvP is as fun as it has ever been
    Last edited by littlepoit; 11-20-2012 at 12:11 AM.

I support this.

Every single item / rune / essence that is BiS in PvP should be acquireable by PvPing.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwhisperzz View Post
    I support this.

Every single item / rune / essence that is BiS in PvP should be acquireable by PvPing.
    My guess is that BiS essences etc will be available when the new conquest is activated again.
    Right now, our PVP Trinket and Essences are blue. Guessing you'll be able to get the new purple ones come conquest.
    Not saying it's good or bad, just saying it's what I'm expecting.
    Argantes - P50 Warrior
    Crossreaper - P45 Rogue
    Darkraven P50 Mage
    Storm Inquisition, Icewatch.

I must say the PvP gear looks like it could use a bump in core stats. Some of the high end quested blue gear rivals the core stats of rank 70+ pvp gear. The rest of them are pretty fine. Just seems like the main stats could use a +8 - 10 bump (except END). Vengeance working properly will bring them to par as far as the rest of the stats go in pvp settings.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-20-2012 at 01:38 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Mihos View Post
    1. Why are our stats so laughable compared to the PvE players, when we put in the time to gear up?
    Because your primary gameplay element is PvP, not PvE, therefore you don't need the stat bumps?

2. Why do we HAVE to PvE to obtain our essences?
    Agreed, though afaik the re-implementation of Conquest should eventually sort this out.

3. Why don't we have upgradeable armor / relics?
    Do you need it? That aside, I wouldn't see any harm in it.

4. Where is the Dimension for the PvPers? ( I PvP and don't have hundreds / thousands of plat to play with )
    I made most of my money pre-SL through PvP, not to mention the majority of the dimensions aren't exactly expensive in the first place. I wouldn't see a problem with there being a Dimension or two made available through PvP currency though, but if you want to kit it out then you suck it up and either grind the plat or the mats like everyone else.

5. Why do the PvE players get to jump into PvP with the level 60 set when I spent my time ranking up to only have relatively the same stats (minus the small bump from rank gear, essence for ven / val, etc ) when I cannot do the same in PvE if for some reason I wanted to raid?
    It's horses for courses tbh. Yes, it's easy to jump into PvP as a PvE player, but being successful is another matter. Success takes time learning specs, how PvP gameplay differs from PvE gameplay, and also when the PvP scene is more mature, it will require ranks and gear too. Why, therefore, shouldn't PvPers also be required to put PvE-based effort in if they wish to raid?

6. We currently have 1 daily random warfront quest and a weekly, why cant these give us stones so we can buy our essences sub rank 60?
    Sure, why not.

true, no blue post about the cleric OP'ness atm.. really nice.
    applause

Quote Originally Posted by Quarolise View Post
    true, no blue post about the cleric OP'ness atm.. really nice.
    applause
    You should double check your "facts"

General of Telara SanguineDeath's Avatar

First and foremost, this is a PVE game and pvp by the way... I believe that this game is, and should, move away from pvp. Why do we still need it??? Guardians and Defiants are starting to come to terms and mend their bridges so pvp is now obsolete. Perhaps with Trion not really doing anything with pvp gear is their way to slowly phase it out - about time too...
    Last edited by SanguineDeath; 11-20-2012 at 06:24 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SanguineDeath View Post
    First and foremost, this is a PVE game and pvp by the way... I believe that this game is, and should, move away from pvp. Why do we still need it??? Guardians and Defiants are starting to come to terms and mend their bridges so pvp is now obsolete. Perhaps with Trion not really doing anything with pvp gear is their way to slowly phase it out - about time too...
    I'm probably responding to a troll, but hey;

Rift has always been about choices. How do you want to level - questing/IA/rifting/onslaughts/dungeons/PvP? How do you want to play? Dungeons/Raids? PvP? Both? World/achievements/dimensions/artifact collection? etc.

If you are arguing on a lore point, the lore contradicts you and says that the power of the ascended at this moment is due to the competitions between the two factions - therefore, it is likely that said competitions will persist in organised battles (warfronts), in the world when people may just have grudges or personally dislike the other faction despite the stances of the majority of the faction (world PvP), or where people pick one of three sides to fulfill that side's particular ideals (conquest).

Just because you don't like PvP (probably because you suck horribly) doesn't mean other people do not.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Pain View Post
    You should double check your "facts"
    found it, thx
    no applause!

To me it sounds like your just being lazy. I would call you a casual PVPer. If you consider yourself a hardcore pvper then you would do whatever it takes to get a tactical advantage.

When Rift first launched all I did was warfronts until I was the first max rank rogue on my server. In doing so I soon realized there was much work still to do. I did all the things you choose not to. I raided, did rifts, collected inscribes through invasions. I created multiple alts and maxed leveled them, completed all crafting professions to equip my main character with the proper enchants and consumables. I realize this isn't the path that everyone wishes to take. But to be the best you have to put in the work. If your not willing to do so than you should just accept being average. And here I am in the same position as you once again. Stripped of my titles and past glories. Will I choose to take the cowards way out and avoid:

* Normal / Expert dungeons ( Expert badge system )
    * Hunt Rifts
    * Upgradeable gear from both new stones ( 50-59 and 60 )
    * Crafting
    * Random drops
    * Raiding ( with another badge system )
    * The new Chronicles ( when released , and by that time it will be dated gear minus for alt play )
    * Daily and weekly quest for bonus currency ( for some of the above and rep gear )

No my friend I will not. I must push forward. There is much to strive for.

except i really hate all the other aspects of the game you just described , i d rather go out or play something else (which i do and which is perfectly fine), i'm just saying a little love for pvp players would be nice.

Prime example of what I mean. Blue 54 gear vs top end pvp gear.

http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/r...ax/pvplegs.jpg

PvP gear needs a bump~

Stacking end just isn't as good as it makes itself out to be imo when dropping so much core stat. PvE'ers won't be resorting to pvp gear anytime soon that is for sure. Got some wiggle room
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-20-2012 at 09:09 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I guess another example. The stat difference break down between the old r50 neck and the new r70+ neck.

+18dex
    +14str
    +40 end
    -20ap
    +40 crit
    +24 vengeance

Basically. Last example I'll make. I guess I hope it is not just me who thinks that is a very underwhelming and weak difference between 10 levels of character progression and 3 tiers of gear. Here is hoping to a consideration.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast