+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Damage > Healing?

Quote Originally Posted by Topology View Post
    What's your in-game name? I'd like to know who I'm Nysyr's Rebuking from now on.
    ftfy

Victz

formerly Victz@Deepwood, Deepstrike, Dayblind, Seastone
    originally Vic@Ashstone
    PvP in 2.0 | Healing vids from the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Maybe I'm playing a different game here but I found levelling Pvp to be the most enjoyable its ever been. Aside from Disintegrate of course.
    The game changes dramatically at 60.

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Had to laugh at this. I can count on one hand how many times dps bothered with me when im getting beaten on this month, much less this week.

Most dps have never bothered with anyone other than those they happen to tab target (usually happens to be a tank).

But yeah its the healers who must learn team work.

Have fun being blown up.
    That's no fault of design, but rather the player. Personally, I hang around my healers and kill the immediate threats.

What's your in-game name? I'd like to know who I'm never healing again.
    Drachenfier.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    I've pulled, punted, stunned, silenced and rooted enemy healers over the course of 10-15 seconds before in the center of my team, and my team doesn't do a thing to burst the healer down. I've run a train on the enemy team, only for my team's healers to waste their time keeping up people who are useless. There's a lot of things that work in organized play that will never amount to much in pug PVP, unless you happen to be grouped with competent players, and peeling is one of them, especially when the attacker is getting focus healed and everyone else ignores 'em.
    And ive been a victim of that, and walked away. ******ed huh?

How do you solve a problem like puggers?

I dont know. I may have to buckle down and join a pvp guild (cringe). I personally feel stifled. I dont think im improving (at all) as i see so many complaints about a crap ton of stuff on these forums, and see those in game, and im like...why not do XYZ, someone did it and was successful. Guess that is too much to ask.

I love pugging but at this point but its about 15-35 morons doing nothing, while 4-5people are game changers. Smart play isnt working anymore, and i have not seen personal growth in a while, especially since ive played EXACTLY the same since 1.6 and its not like i am all that good to begin with.
    I thought the changes in CC, healing, damage would improve strats, but when i can channel 10seconds of mp regen, and no one bothers to interrupt or attack me, but comes to the forums an ask for a nerf of that, i doesnt make me feel like pvping much.

When i get dragged by 2 warriors left and right and see no one else attacking me in the middle of the group (and no one assisting me in my own group), it just becomes a giant /fp. Its a roll of the dice.

I do know i am dying a bit faster, but im testing 3 builds that thus far that seems to be doing the trick. But i do not feel myself getting any better, which startles me.

Thank god sometimes i meet outstanding players (ever so often) that kick my teeth in so i can at least switch things up a bit. But for the most part its exactly what you said. You try and play a good game, and are surrounded by bunch of droolers.

Probably will stop for a while and actually level a bit.

What's your in-game name? I'd like to know who I'm never healing again.
    Guess what, you just proved him right mr team player.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

Quote Originally Posted by Ayronamic View Post
    Obviously. Healers, by definition, exist merely to keep themselves alive.

Saying healers aren't team players is almost as asinine as the Majorin quote in my signature. Healing is about as supportive as you can get.
    Last edited by Topology; 11-19-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    Which is how it should be. Anytime it takes multiple dps to kill one healer or healer's target, then having more than one healer (which is usually the case) makes the game damn near unplayable. You want to have healers facetanking the dps? fine, limit the amount of healers allowed per team. Otherwise, healers need to die to dps and rely on their team to keep them alive just as the team relies on the heals. I think a lot of the healers in Rift forgot the essentials of teamwork a long time ago.
    So, a healing class which has hardly any defensive/offensive ability's can get blown up while healing in about 2-3 GCD is okay and fun right? You are enjoying the free kills admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    having to actually ST heal to keep people up from multiple ST dps instead of lolomg /easymode aoe heal through everything, what has this game becom

better
    Chloromancer would like a word with you.
    Last edited by Essala; 11-19-2012 at 04:52 PM.
    Account Cancelled 03/10/2013
    0 Months paid game time remaining.
    Bring the fun back into Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by SWGMOD010 View Post
    Was that 50% nerf really necessary?
    Nope, but any developer is prone to caving to enough QQ.
    "The way is shut, it was made by those who are dead, and the dead keep it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayronamic View Post
    I don't think you understand the language we're using.

Which is how it should be.
    Do you even [strike]lift[/strike] PvP?
    Last edited by Kyera; 11-19-2012 at 05:12 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by SWGMOD010 View Post
    Was that 50% nerf really necessary?
    50% nerf + stupid dps buff = no healers
    no healers = less melee
    less melee =aoe zerg fest WF's

GG Trion I see what you did there
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    I've pulled, punted, stunned, silenced and rooted enemy healers over the course of 10-15 seconds before in the center of my team, and my team doesn't do a thing to burst the healer down. I've run a train on the enemy team, only for my team's healers to waste their time keeping up people who are useless. There's a lot of things that work in organized play that will never amount to much in pug PVP, unless you happen to be grouped with competent players, and peeling is one of them, especially when the attacker is getting focus healed and everyone else ignores 'em.
    I remember that night
    HAHAHAHA such a silly night.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Maybe I'm playing a different game here but I found levelling Pvp to be the most enjoyable its ever been. Aside from Disintegrate of course.
    This +100000 So happy not to see 15 minute stalemates with 10 kills per side.

Sword of Telara

this is the dumbest cry baby thread about healing i have ever seen. healers where op it is about time they fixed it. 2 r50's (dps) vs 1 r50 (healer) should win the fight every time easily. sometimes it would take 3 or 4? 4 dps to kill 1 guy is balanced? this change is about to seperate the men from the boys when it comes to melee.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ehxon View Post
    this is the dumbest cry baby thread about healing i have ever seen. healers where op it is about time they fixed it. 2 r50's (dps) vs 1 r50 (healer) should win the fight every time easily. sometimes it would take 3 or 4? 4 dps to kill 1 guy is balanced? this change is about to seperate the men from the boys when it comes to melee.
    Actually. When i was fully R50 geared etc I never met any class that couldn't drop me solo.
    Being a Chloro healer this may be different from a Cleric but in my case I have met people who solo drop me, or atleast completely take my heals from my team cause I have to focus on keeping myself alive.
    I've also had instances where I was dancing around 8 or 9 people "trying" to kill me.

Now. yeah it has happend, but honestly, it was more a case of the 8/9 people doing it wrong and the one guy who took me down doing it right. Not a case of healers being OP.

The only times I couldn't finish of a healer 1v1 on my warrior pre SL, was when I decided to play on a spec that could survive (and in some cases, even kill) multiple enemies for a good while. Never because I didn't have a spec that couldn't do it.
    Argantes - P50 Warrior
    Crossreaper - P45 Rogue
    Darkraven P50 Mage
    Storm Inquisition, Icewatch.

Rift Disciple

Which is how it should be. Anytime it takes multiple dps to kill one healer or healer's target, then having more than one healer (which is usually the case) makes the game damn near unplayable. You want to have healers facetanking the dps? fine, limit the amount of healers allowed per team. Otherwise, healers need to die to dps and rely on their team to keep them alive just as the team relies on the heals. I think a lot of the healers in Rift forgot the essentials of teamwork a long time ago.
    So you want players to be healers and be unable to out heal 1 dps.... Ok I'll play the dps and you play the healer then as that sounds horrible.

I have a cleric and a rogue- the rogue utterly destroys healers and is a lot of fun to play- the cleric is much harder to play in pvp (but is much more balanced since SL as long as you go dps ).

Dps already have everything stacked in their favour- you don't need healers any weaker .

A good healer vs a good dps should be a stalemate not a face roll kill . If you want it that bad a game to play for healers you should play the red headed step child.- you'd be hacked off in 5 minutes- it's no fun being the wimp on the battlefield.
    Last edited by Torvax; 11-19-2012 at 10:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast