+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
Results 136 to 148 of 148
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Damage > Healing?

  1. #136
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vahala View Post
    I love you Misun <3
    http://lovemeow.com/wp-content/uploa...08-500x370.jpg

    right back atcha
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  2. #137
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    I do agree with this. If it requires teamwork from multiple people to kill a single healer, it should require teamwork from the healer's side to keep said healer alive.

    Healer immortality just leads to stacking heals for easymode faceroll wins. Ideally I would like to see compositions other than "most heals wins" be practical.
    Problem with this is, when healers stack and heal each other, the very same community that speaks team work complains about healers using team work to keep each other up and ask for more nerfs.

  3. #138
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post

    Anything that can stop or lock down a healer gets nerfed.


    - Vybz

    Are you just trolling at this point? Rogue silences have been out of control for a while now and not a single one has been nerfed, to my knowledge. Choking Gas Bombs are an evil that can not be escaped, sabs are casting them in formation patterns while they stick out their tongues at spellcasters. Deaden is what..a ten second CD when you factor in your little cooldown reducer? While we're at this, let's talk about the fact that rogues (and warriors) can use a Noise Canceling Coating on their ranged weapon and get a chance to proc a silence with every attack thereafter? Yet the counter to that coating, a Burning Spellstone (it takes 2 secs off of silence time), has been disabled in pvp.

  4. #139
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    I do agree with this. If it requires teamwork from multiple people to kill a single healer, it should require teamwork from the healer's side to keep said healer alive.

    Healer immortality just leads to stacking heals for easymode faceroll wins. Ideally I would like to see compositions other than "most heals wins" be practical.
    The problem now is (speaking form a chloro perspective) a Rogue or Cleric can now just faceroll win instead. With healing not even comparing to the damage they do.

    I don't particularly ask to be able to outheal focus fire from 15 people.
    I just ask for my best spammable heal to be at least on par with the best spammable DPS.

    This leads to 1 DPS taking me out of the equation, since I would have to heal myself to counter his DPS.
    If it's a stalemate, ok. But he singlehandedly makes sure i can't heal my team. Now here is where teamwork comes in imo. His teammates have to focus me aswell for me to go down, while at the same time my team has to make sure they get that guy off me so they can get heals again.

    People will argue cross healing will become a problem etc. But healers are in the same boat with cross damage.

    if you have 20 people in a raid and 5 are healers, there are still 15 people on classes able to focus healers down.
    Just because this hardly ever happens, people think of healers being immortal due to cross heals.
    But they don't realise it's 3, 4 or even 5 healers cross healing just 4 focussed DPS cause the rest of the team is derping about trying to get shiny stats on the scorboard.

    Ofcourse, healing has had its ups and down in this game. Think back to 1.1 I think it was. P6 51 warden specs derping about bunnyhopping while typing and surviving 15 people attacking them.
    the current situation with damage vs healing though, is the complete opposite.

    Again. I'm looking at this from a healer (Chloro) PVP perspective, so maybe I'm biased. But I don't think that what I ask for our job in PVP, is unreasonable.
    Argantes - P50 Warrior
    Crossreaper - P45 Rogue
    Darkraven P50 Mage
    Storm Inquisition, Icewatch.

  5. #140
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Don't get me wrong - I do agree that healing is a bit too weak at the moment (or rather: damage is too strong), I just fear the return of the invincible bunnyhop healers again which we only just got away from again very recently!

    The change which has come out of this which I hope remains in any case is the necessity to use a ST-based build to specifically keep single targets up. AoE heal spam also functioning as ST (on the most part) is just ugh.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

  6. #141
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Don't get me wrong - I do agree that healing is a bit too weak at the moment (or rather: damage is too strong), I just fear the return of the invincible bunnyhop healers again which we only just got away from again very recently!

    The change which has come out of this which I hope remains in any case is the necessity to use a ST-based build to specifically keep single targets up. AoE heal spam also functioning as ST (on the most part) is just ugh.
    Well, as you saw in the BG we were in earlier, healing is weak. But so is team play.

    I also saw a Pridy little Dwarf blowing you kisses
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  7. #142
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Don't get me wrong - I do agree that healing is a bit too weak at the moment (or rather: damage is too strong), I just fear the return of the invincible bunnyhop healers again which we only just got away from again very recently!

    The change which has come out of this which I hope remains in any case is the necessity to use a ST-based build to specifically keep single targets up. AoE heal spam also functioning as ST (on the most part) is just ugh.
    While I do agree with you, it also completely destroys everyting a Chloro is supposed to be about. The ability to do damage to heal.
    Even if I dance Synthesis, it hardly cuts it.
    Last edited by Cromyr; 11-24-2012 at 03:32 AM.
    Argantes - P50 Warrior
    Crossreaper - P45 Rogue
    Darkraven P50 Mage
    Storm Inquisition, Icewatch.

  8. #143
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Don't get me wrong - I do agree that healing is a bit too weak at the moment (or rather: damage is too strong), I just fear the return of the invincible bunnyhop healers again which we only just got away from again very recently!
    Nothing wrong with the invincible bunnyhop healers.

    Everything wrong with dps picking random targets allowing them to be invincible or staying on them when they actually are in a troll spec, instead of picking good targets.

    You'd be amazed how a well placed Arresting Presence wrecks stacked healers, too.
    Last edited by Kyera; 11-24-2012 at 05:59 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  9. #144
    Soulwalker Ill google your yahoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    healing is almost worthless, I mean 55% is just way to much. Also DPS get so much more intensive with vengeance healers get nothing to add to their healing in pvp. Also something I dont think a lot of healers noticed... I hit 60 yesterday and when I went to train my lvl 60 ranked healing spells, they are actually LESS them my previous. its was about 20-30 points less for everything thing. Although all my DMG ranked stuff was a much much more. Its stupid healers should be pretty strong, it should be if you dont kill the healer then you deserve to die.

  10. #145
    Soulwalker Ill google your yahoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Well, as you saw in the BG we were in earlier, healing is weak. But so is team play.

    I also saw a Pridy little Dwarf blowing you kisses

    Team play I cant get silenced for a full 155 seces... nothing to do with the team at that point, and the mana drains in this game are out of control.

  11. #146
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ill google your yahoo View Post
    Team play I cant get silenced for a full 155 seces... nothing to do with the team at that point, and the mana drains in this game are out of control.
    I'm cool with the mana drains, they are needed. Besides, Clerics now have a free mana regen pretty much anytime they want.

    The silences are sort of messed up, but I manage. I do think that noise canceling coating should be looked at.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  12. #147
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Etherian View Post
    Are you just trolling at this point? Rogue silences have been out of control for a while now and not a single one has been nerfed, to my knowledge. Choking Gas Bombs are an evil that can not be escaped, sabs are casting them in formation patterns while they stick out their tongues at spellcasters. Deaden is what..a ten second CD when you factor in your little cooldown reducer? While we're at this, let's talk about the fact that rogues (and warriors) can use a Noise Canceling Coating on their ranged weapon and get a chance to proc a silence with every attack thereafter? Yet the counter to that coating, a Burning Spellstone (it takes 2 secs off of silence time), has been disabled in pvp.
    Anyone that refutes this point is trolling. For the love of PvP, please acknowledge this post, devs.

  13. #148
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toushirou View Post
    Anyone that refutes this point is trolling. For the love of PvP, please acknowledge this post, devs.
    NCC is pretty dumb, but silences overall are pretty legit and for a long time had been absolutely necessary. They probably should be necessary still, frankly, once healing gets tuned back, but NCC is just as dumb as VM/FB/LW used to be.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts