+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Violacea

Thread: Stats @ 60 in WF

Default Stats @ 60 in WF

So... what's the point of gearing if your stats don't change no matter what gear you have on in WF?

Because the gear matters beyond the lowest PvP set?

It is pretty discouraging picking up a whole new set of gear knowing you get bolstered that whole new set. But the last time I was a total newbie approaching PvP in this game was around 1.2 - 1.3. It's too bad people cried so much about obtaining gear that is easy for anyone who tries a bit. I remember when it was fun and felt meaningful to even get the beginner set. This is what the community wants though. I'm fine with it though, it is what it is. Just glad to get back into a groove of a solid gear progression scheme. I feel so gross with this silly mix match of r50/blues/greens.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I'm not too pleased with it, but i'm not too distressed by it either.
    Indifference is probably more correct

So what some of you are saying is that you don't like a more level playing field?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Pain View Post
    So what some of you are saying is that you don't like a more level playing field?
    What they are saying is, "Why do we buy the set, when you zone in and already have the set?"

If the developers wanted 3 tiers of PVP gear to start, they should have made gear bolstering set you a tier of (excluding valor) stats below the brigadier set, such that the first set you buy does give an actual stat upgrade. Instead it feels like we have two tiers of PVP gear, and one of those tiers requires buying another worthless set of gear first.
    Last edited by Leif; 11-19-2012 at 07:10 AM.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Pain View Post
    I liked being a scrubby newb who had to earn his gear to be level, not bolstered from effortless state.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

More likely than not current PVP gear/stats are a placeholder until Trion has more data from the various brackets. I for one like the way it is now. From a stats/gear perspective everyone is on equal footing. PVP is about player skill vs. player skill, and that's what this accomplishes. I'm oldschool when it comes to PVP and have never been a fan of gear progression within PVP.

I've always secretly wished they'd make all PVP gear just cosmetic upgrades to make you look more badass ;)

+ Reply to Thread