+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Pork Star
  • 2 Post By mistacrowley420

Thread: Make PVP Competitive

Soulwalker

Default Make PVP Competitive

Since arena play isnít going to happen anytime soon I purpose an alternative. Add a more competitive PVP ranking system. Current system is time invested and until you hit top rank and eventually buy all the gear. What if you added a system where you could lose points/ rank for losses? I feel this would add a dynamic to PVP, and add make every game count.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwrath View Post
    make every game count.
    Great for people who never PvP outside of premade groups, but for the average player, making every game count would suck.

How many times have you gotten into a warfront and the score is 900 to 100, with your side losing? How many times have you been THIS close to turning the tide, only to have your PUGs do the stupidest thing possible and cause you to lose the match? How many times has your team had no heals? How many times has your faction lost 3 matches in a row, then you get mercenary and lose again?
    Last edited by Pork Star; 11-18-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Plane Touched

if the classes were balanced on each team as well as gear to some extent i wouldnt be a bad idea.regardless there has been competetive pvp people just miss out and prefer to ***** about it instead of participating

LOL WARRIOR DPS
    LOL CLERIC HEALS

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    Great for people who never PvP outside of premade groups, but for the average player, making every game count would suck.

How many times have you gotten into a warfront and the score is 900 to 100, with your side losing? How many times have you been THIS close to turning the tide, only to have your PUGs do the stupidest thing possible and cause you to lose the match? How many times has your team had no heals? How many times has your faction lost 3 matches in a row, then you get mercenary and lose again?
    I'd like some competitive PvP too, but for the reasons above it can't be done in a PuG setting. We really need arenas or ranked warfronts (i.e premades) in order to add any sort of ranking.

Soulwalker

IDK, I dont have the answer but I just feel like the games arent very balanced its usually a faceroll one side over the other. I just remebering the days of HALO 2 ranking 1-50 and the ranks could go up or down based on something... kd/ w/l idk

There is no competitive pvp, and there will probably be no competitive pvp. They have put little concern to this side of the game as proven by how much pvp testing was done on the souls

Also as pocket has said there has been many arena like matches between guilds and groups. Challenges even made on the forums calling people out to fight; nobody answers. 90% of the reason there will be no competition is because of the community, everybody convinces themselves they want it, but they aren't willing to look or try for it.
    Last edited by mistacrowley420; 11-19-2012 at 02:30 PM.

"SWTOR has the best ranked PvP i've ever played" - One of my guild mates, 2012.

Well before I moved to the PVE server.. I was on the PVP server (born and raised there )

What I did was hunt and kill everyone I could and that brought out even more players in some days to fight. So I had no clue who i was going to fight next. Certain named players I hunted cause I knew it would be a good fight or the ones I could not even kill - yet...

However, the sad thing is I had to leave the pvp server cause many then started to leave Rift cause of so many pvp issues not being fixed and some just decided to just wait in the main city and hang out till a WF was active or a rift or invasion happened. ...

So I had to move to the PVE server and fight the little bit of players that run around marked for pvp.

Therefore, now we have 1 pvp server in which i tend to return and I hope more are running around looking for a fight.. I hope...

Therefore, you make the best what u can for now until "i hope" the pvp get better ... kill as many as u can in the pvp server and soon enough a group will form and chase, hunt, fight you and your buddies.

So right now I playing both in GW2 and Rift ... to get some pvp going...
    Drank at Conqueronline, Vanguard, AOC, WAR and AION. Currently collecting meh Beers at Rift! aka (Killforbeers)
    WHERE'S MEH BEERS !!
    Here meh 2 cents - Keep da change ya filthy animal...
    Nice day fer Murda

Quote Originally Posted by mistacrowley420 View Post
    90% of the reason there will be no competition is because of the community, everybody convinces themselves they want it, but they aren't willing to look or try for it.
    This. Times a billion.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by mistacrowley420 View Post
    There is no competitive pvp, and there will probably be no competitive pvp. They have put little concern to this side of the game as proven by how much pvp testing was done on the souls

Also as pocket has said there has been many arena like matches between guilds and groups. Challenges even made on the forums calling people out to fight; nobody answers. 90% of the reason there will be no competition is because of the community, everybody convinces themselves they want it, but they aren't willing to look or try for it.
    Organizing such arena events is obviously complicated, and without an in-game arena system there are still many issues (afaik you can only do this against teams of the opposite faction, on the same server, without a cd reset between the matches, with other people potentially coming in to screw everything, etc...) that would explain why they didn't have much success. There are also time zone issues (when US players hosted events on PTS during the evening, a few months ago iirc, EU players couldn't participate).

I'm certain arenas / rated battlegrounds would be popular if only Trion wanted to even test a basic system for a few weeks.

+ Reply to Thread