+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why do you need PVE currency to buy PVP essences?

Telaran

Default Why do you need PVE currency to buy PVP essences?

I just noticed the need for 40 infinity stones plus favor for each essence . I was just wondering why they would require pve currency for stuff used for pvp . I am sure they will not be bis in the game . I would have thought you would use the new pvp currency to purchase them .

I have a feeling when CQ comes back it will hand out those things like how we got ISS's from it before.

Although I admit, they probably really care about CQ if they removed it from the game just to give it an overhaul due to all the negative feedback it got. Care enough to make the game awkward perhaps until it is out for some pvp. But, I hope it comes out strong and they really change it from the ground up in play design.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-18-2012 at 12:28 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Telaran

did they state somewhere that is the reason they removed it? i thought they took it out so people could not speed level to 60 and the top tier pvp gear. also thought that went along with the ia xp dumbdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Although I admit, they probably really care about CQ if they removed it from the game just to give it an overhaul due to all the negative feedback it got. Care enough to make the game awkward perhaps until it is out for some pvp. But, I hope it comes out strong and they really change it from the ground up in play design.
    I see it the other way. I think they removed it so they wouldn't have to "overhaul" (nerf) the rewards it gave, like how Conquest gave out a lot of ISS (Infinity Stones) etc. I think when it comes back, it'll be more or less the same as it was when it was removed.

Not to mention, the lack of Conquest is a nice way to artificially increase the grind for gear and prestige for those of us who have no life and hit 60 fairly quickly.

Probably cause they actually want people to play Rift for its Rifts. It's gonna be the same thing with raiding IIRC.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hubris003 View Post
    did they state somewhere that is the reason they removed it? i thought they took it out so people could not speed level to 60 and the top tier pvp gear. also thought that went along with the ia xp dumbdown.
    Yeah they did not want people power leveling in cq. Cq was very popular claiming it was removed because people hated it is crazy.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    Probably cause they actually want people to play Rift for its Rifts. It's gonna be the same thing with raiding IIRC.
    They should probably make rifts more rewarding then, if we assume this to be the case.

Players are going to be farming zone events for currency, not rifts, which they will probably only close as the objectives call for.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

Quote Originally Posted by Hubris003 View Post
    Quite the opposite. That it requires a fairly large pool of people to work well, and for a while that won't exist at 60. I think they also wanted to do some re-haul style work on the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Topology View Post
    I see it the other way. I think they removed it so they wouldn't have to "overhaul" (nerf) the rewards it gave, like how Conquest gave out a lot of ISS (Infinity Stones) etc. I think when it comes back, it'll be more or less the same as it was when it was removed.

Not to mention, the lack of Conquest is a nice way to artificially increase the grind for gear and prestige for those of us who have no life and hit 60 fairly quickly.
    No, they did say they are changing a lot of it. They plan on using an entirely new map. They are doing a significant change of it I am quite sure. Heard one mention scouting new spots for CQ in SL areas or something.

Quote Originally Posted by aeio View Post
    Yeah they did not want people power leveling in cq. Cq was very popular claiming it was removed because people hated it is crazy.
    CQ is not intended to be a less than max level thing really. They have sort of strongly suggested that. IT was popular, but for some obligatory reasons. It wasn't removed because people hated it, or because it is too awesome for leveling. It is getting worked on apparently and the devs want it to be a max level only bit of content. So even if it wasn't removed it would probably be locked until you hit 60. Hence why they removed it now, they literally have a small time frame of where CQ wouldn't be viable in game. Stillmoor CQ would have sucked for all things right now. Not worth it.

You guys are so full of these crazy stories. We are not going to have to PvE for the new currencies - but for now we are unfortunately. Infinity Stones are the SL version of ISS. You get them of course from world events, rare mobs/quests, and the additional carnage quests in high level zones. There is no reason why when CQ comes back it won't follow the same scheme of awarding players Infinity Stones. Especially hinted by having PvP items required by *mostly* Infinity Stones and not favor.

It's not that conspiracy filled and complicated.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    They should probably make rifts more rewarding then, if we assume this to be the case.

Players are going to be farming zone events for currency, not rifts, which they will probably only close as the objectives call for.
    I didn't mean rifts literally.

I meant the general rift/invasion/event aspect of the game.

+ Reply to Thread