+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kartan

Thread: Which set is best sub-54 for warfronts?

Default Which set is best sub-54 for warfronts?

Is the rank 50 pvp equipment sub-par in 50-54 warfronts now? Seems from the few warfronts played in the last few days that the pve raid equipment out performs the pvp version.

B~
    Baerrack

One of my guildies was talking about how it seems as though raid equipment is better now for pre 60 wf's.

That's not cool at all.

So for those of us who don't raid and exclusively pvp only, we get the shaft in a pvp environment, because we don't raid?
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

If vengeance actually works properly the way they said they tweaked it to, then raid gear should be fine up against even ID gear. If the Vengeance was actually accounted for as a meaningful stat as AP/SP, then the raid gear was pretty much right up side ID gear. Then you factor in the massive HP you get from pvp gear.

I think PvP gear is pretty much okay, just glad (I hope?) Vengeance works right.

Which all will be moot because 60 will be right around the corner. I haven't logged in today yet and I am 52 1/2. The gear I have on now really is just so I don't play like a total joke until 60.

edit: also with how the quested/51 - 53 gear is looking. I am quite certain blue quested/dropped lvl 55 - 58 gear is going to start out-doing all of our gear individually in certain slots. I got a junky cloak that has stats that brush up a notch or two below my current pvp gear. But, as I said, we will all hit 60 soon enough and get into the real stuff. You certainly want pvp gear there .
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-14-2012 at 11:14 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I was in HK gear on my mage but with the price drops I picked up a set of PvP armor, big difference in survivability especially as a hobomancer. Might get more dps from PvE but taking a hit is part of PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

I never really even thought about this I've just been playing in my PVP gear as I always have. Guess I will have to throw on my ID gear and see if it makes a difference. Its so hard to tell though when everyone around me is dead.

If you are questing, crafting, looking at the AH you will find some decent upgrades to get on the way to 60.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I have a feeling 50-54 will be a game of "which side has more people in the most ID gear" they shouldn't have removed valor from r50 and down pvp gear
    Even free cost too much now

Maybe I just don't get the 50 - 59 buff thing at all. I thought it normalized valor and vengeance. Every WF my stats seem normalized somewhere else.

From what I see gear doesn't mean anything in the lower brackets if you go out of your way to equip more powerful stuff. I felt dumb, it dawned on me as I finally had 3 - 5 pieces I was swapping around. Till I brought up my stat window and realized *no* stats changed and they were all normalized to a point.

More reason to get to 60 where we just have pvp gear. This has been racking my brain all evening. I just don't get it - and I hate things I don't get.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-15-2012 at 02:45 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I don't know, I noticed I lived longer and did more damage when I took off my r40/50 gear and mixed in HK gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    I don't know, I noticed I lived longer and did more damage when I took off my r40/50 gear and mixed in HK gear.
    I thought too, but it must have been placebo. No matter what I put on my stats are purely static in every WF. Maybe just weapons with damage ratings help, I think I noticed a boost when I upgraded that. Otherwise, I think if I have the top gear pvp stats that is where they lock. Maybe it just defaults 50 - 59 to the top tier 50 pvp gear. Maybe I have no clue how it works even though I read the patch notes for it 3 times. I got nothing really.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-15-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I honestly didn't look to see if my stats had changed, and yeah can't count out the chance that maybe I just wasn't getting targeted as much and just thought I was doing more damage because I wasn't dead or trying to heal myself all the time.
    Last edited by Credo; 11-15-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Yeah I think I have comprehended it now. I didn't realize it would be more normalized than I thought.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-15-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Doing way better in full PvP set as a mage but I kind of wonder about that. The WFs seem to be full of leveling people now and the calibre of players has dropped. I feel like a twink tbh. If it was all the old r50s maybe I could say whether PvP gear truly was better but right now it feels exactly like 20-29 PvP. Basic tactics will win the day, like 1st year experience. Things like don't stand in ground effects, not even kidding. People are dying in gtaes for petes sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

I know all the basic stats (str/dex/int/wis etc) are all normalized regardless of gear, but when I entered a WF earlier today I had a whopping 120ish vengeance. Not the 350+ of my pvp gear. seems awfully low considering tanks in the 55+ bracket are running around with 27k hp

+ Reply to Thread