+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Bring back the normal whitefall warfront

Plane Touched

Default Bring back the normal whitefall warfront

Some people may not like the old Whitefall Avalanche, but I know that many do like it and the traditional "capture the flag" style game. To me that was the best WF together with codex.

Why would you take away from players the option of playing this map? I don't even mind if it is not included in the random WF queue (it is so much better than having scion there).

Crayzee / Vampyre
    Last edited by Firebl@de; 11-13-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Seems a bit drastic to remove it completely....never got the impression that its level of unpopularity warranted that....in fact never got the impression it was unpopular

Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

Shadowlander

O it was hated.

But, all they really need to do was make the stone cause damage like BG after 3 min, minimize the ties. Both sides turtling, makes for sad pandas.

make both readily available
    ????
    profit

No.

/5 char.

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

I always really enjoyed Whitefall. It was t favorite WF, hands down.
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

No. The original whitefall was the worst wf by a mile. The updated one is much better.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

Too many people in WFS to play it like a "real" CTF map. It essentially boiled down to two zergs moving together with the odd person trying to ninja, and devolved into either spawn camping on the offensive end or turtling on the defensive end.

I think they need to bring in a tighter, 5v5/10v10 CTF map with a little more z-axis play. The smaller player count would force people to play attack/defend roles a little closer to the chest. The mechanic for flag pickup also needs to be changed (make it interruptible with CC but not on damage) to prevent someone just spamming Reaver/Sab stuff to make pickups impossible.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Rift Master

If they made the flag insta-grab just by clicking on it, and made the carrier debuff actually work 100% of the time, and have increasing effects the long you hold the flag the turtling problems would be pretty much eliminated. Wouldn't have worked in the original form because of RS flag runners, but since they eliminated that with avalanche it would have definitely been an option as opposed to just removing the format.

There's another game where it works exactly like that and the ctf map is one of the most popular maps. Also like Kyera said, more z axis on the map.
    Last edited by Fafa; 11-14-2012 at 07:18 AM.
    No French kisses, and no hippopotamuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Fafa View Post
    There's another game where it works exactly like that and the ctf map is one of the most popular maps. Also like Kyera said, more z axis on the map.
    To be fair, Warsong Gulch is 10v10, which has a large impact too.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

I like whitefall to stay as it is. Why? Because old whitefall was a joke. It was the most unpopular map and made most of the community cringe. I will say, it could be fun if you had a premade vs premade but other then that pugging was pretty horrible at times.

What new whitefall offers:
    -The ability to not have to run all the way from one side of the map to the other (long and boring). It makes the action stay in the middle other then one side of the map to the other.

-Some might disagree with me but i feel like it also passivity forces the group to guard the middle and sometimes even their stone which reducing players farming it up. I know that it still happens but it does spread out the units.

-The ability to steal the stone back (adds more strategy).

-Makes achievements better. Honestly how would a cleric kill 5 stone carriers in 1 match before? That would be a pain in the *** and incredibility frustrating.

Even though some people liked the old whitefall... this one is just more popular. Old whitefall wouldn't be bad if i didn't have the opinion to pug it and i could just do it with a premade. New whitefall also gives players more avenues of strategy other then "hey guys lets zerg from one side of the map to the other side GOGO". Trion did the right thing in removing old whitefall.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    To be fair, Warsong Gulch is 10v10, which has a large impact too.
    Yes, but the whitefall map is also 3x the size of warsong/twin peaks which is probably why they went 15 man on it. In reality, black garden would be a better ctf map using the two red orb spawns as flag points, and keeping the spawns exactly where they are now so you can't have rezzers rushing to turtle a flag.
    Last edited by Fafa; 11-14-2012 at 08:01 AM.
    No French kisses, and no hippopotamuses.

Yah, RIP old whitefall. Glad it's gone.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Karthan Ridge is kind of what Whitefall should have been from the beginning.

The only thing I miss about Whitefall is all the space to kite in, but I can get that in Codex for the most part.

I like whitefall the way it is now. I didn't care for it before..now it's a lot more fun.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast