+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Marksman is not weak!

I'll give you a hint, it's not the marksman tree that needs nerfing.

Sticking with Sab =D
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    Huh! They must have added them, because I was looking for them the minute the notes were posted and they weren't there.

P.S. Have a box of tissues ready for the first time you get hit by Nysyr's with no valor
    yep, got hit by 3.9k nyser a tick. Luckily for 2 ticks only. (oh daedin how i love you)

Telaran

What is the MM spec that is being used in WF's now? I can't really find any info on 2.0 pvp specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacore View Post
    What is the MM spec that is being used in WF's now? I can't really find any info on 2.0 pvp specs.
    People generally don't post an update every patch when nothing has changed in that soul.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    People generally don't post an update every patch when nothing has changed in that soul.
    Well I wasn't sure if Tact was being used or not, haven't played since 1.10.

Had also been seeing 44 and 51 MM and wasn't sure either.
    Last edited by Malacore; 11-18-2012 at 09:27 AM.

MM is still pretty much a quality soul for what it is. If anything the minor damage nerfs a while ago to MM were totally voided out (it feels like) by the power gain. I think most MM are going to want to at least go 58. 61 is a nice ability but I am not sold it will be a must have. It will provide a nice burst though, and is probably worth it when 58 is such a nice buff.

Though right now MM take hardcore damage from static charged shield . That 58 temp sets off reactive damage buff procs on enemies Every darn arrow I shoot I'm taking 300 - 400 damage~. Feels like the Bloodthirsty Choker all over again.

Like a boss.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-18-2012 at 10:55 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Though right now MM take hardcore damage from static charged shield . That 58 temp sets off reactive damage buff procs on enemies Every darn arrow I shoot I'm taking 300 - 400 damage~. Feels like the Bloodthirsty Choker all over again.
    Unless I'm misreading, Marksman has an ability to remove Charged Shield
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Unless I'm misreading, Marksman has an ability to remove Charged Shield
    You aren't mis-reading. What you aren't accounting for is the reality of rapid changing targets in a 15 man WF combined with heavily buffed toons. It's just so easy as lala - you lose charged shield. lalala - you next. More like, purge (crap its still on) hit, hit, crap he ran off. New target, purge (crap, it's still up). hit hit hit, purge (crap man what am I doing this for, it's still up). Oh now hes dead. Glad I wasted my time purging a buff that refreshes every 8 seconds.

You make the world sound too perfect. The reality is you just can't knock out every charged shield you fight, or even close to them all. Eradicate was good before when you could see a buff and determine to knock it out. Now it is just a nice tool but far less ultimately reliable to knock out the exact buff you are trying to knock out. Which is what I think the point of nerfing it was. Any MM could hand pick a buff and say "nope".

When keeping it real, goes wrong.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-18-2012 at 11:34 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2