+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Pixel Monkey

Thread: Sab silences

Prophet of Telara

Default Sab silences

Does anyone else think there is some wrong with silence and the snares? With the loss of Burning Powerstone for PVP, I am seeing a long time silenced now back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    Does anyone else think there is some wrong with silence and the snares? With the loss of Burning Powerstone for PVP, I am seeing a long time silenced now back to back.
    I think you are referring to spellstones, but ya I know what you mean. It is the new dr, it's so broken that if a rogue has noise cancelling coating they can silence you an ungodly amount.

What I want to know is why does choking bomb completely ignore all DR?

Rift Disciple

How bout a consumable for wands that disarms!
    Fourtyfour

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by mistacrowley420 View Post
    I think you are referring to spellstones, but ya I know what you mean. It is the new dr, it's so broken that if a rogue has noise cancelling coating they can silence you an ungodly amount.
    Yeah, Spellstone is what I meant. I dont PVE but how many people use it for PVE? Maybe in the xpac they will need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    Yeah, Spellstone is what I meant. I dont PVE but how many people use it for PVE? Maybe in the xpac they will need it.
    Close to none lol. It is a pretty pointless change.... I don't know why they got rid of them.

dont stand in it
    who took my names!

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    dont stand in it
    Never thought about moving out of it, that is so stupid of me. Snared too, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    What I want to know is why does choking bomb completely ignore all DR?
    This. It seems to ignore DR; it's not like other silences.

Maybe they are trying to actually make something to counter the heal stacking of mages/clerics in warfronts. I have no problem break free and probably the only way they can get it off is if they use a double quick reload with two sabos at the same time which almost never happens outside of the bridge on scion.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Maybe they are trying to actually make something to counter the heal stacking of mages/clerics in warfronts. I have no problem break free and probably the only way they can get it off is if they use a double quick reload with two sabos at the same time which almost never happens outside of the bridge on scion.
    How can you say heal stacking when in warfronts it is totally random? You never know who will be on your team or what class. And even if you say what is true then it just changes to Sab stacking.

I do not mind CC, it is part of the game. I do mind when it is OP and there is nothing I can do do to negate it.

I would be completely fine with everything if they got rid of noise canceling or give an equivalent disarm passive to blue bars.

It's one thing to be actively silenced (although I do think sab aoe snare and silence is dumb but that's probably because its very effective against me) but when every stray projectile also comes with a 4 sec silence possibility, it starts to get stupid. Especially since they took out spell stones.

RE: The immunity question, CGB is a GTAoE silence that persists for as long as you're in it.

I assume it grants an equal length immunity, given the new changes, which means that if you dip in and out over the course of the dur or someone else drops one you'll get hit with it again.
    Last edited by Kyera; 11-11-2012 at 05:05 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread