+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Wake Up Trion.... Balance

Ascendant

Default Wake Up Trion.... Balance

The post below is a response to another thread where Kyera linked the results of a warfront. The warrior did 80k damage with 40k heals taken. The warrior had no pvp gear but this addressed below. The point is the game is not even close to the balanced. I made a new thread because Trion needs to wake up. The reality of the game on these forums and the QQ is not a true indication of what is happening in the game. PVP is horribly jacked up right now. This is the worst I have seen it. In the end, the majority of players are not going to go for this... It needs to be fixed.

"You need to learn how to read facts and figures. The warrior did ~80k damage with 40k healing taken. The rogues and clerics in the three spots above did twice the damage with less healing taken. In fact the rogues did greater than twice the the damage of the warrior with half the healing taken. The warrior took 40k healing and the rogues took 20k healing but the rogues did 2x more damage. So you have proved warriors need a buff in pvp? Use your brain. Every post and comment from you guys is so biased and incorrect it is truly amazing.

My bard has no pvp gear and is near unkillable in pvp. With no pvp gear I have 500 valor and over 50% damage mitigation. I currently have 140k favor and have not even bothered to buy a pvp item. There is no point. I can keep an entire team alive, debuff the focus target, and top off any player who is focused with my single target heal ability. I have had three warriors attacking me, ignored them, stood in one place and spammed coda of restoration until they died. This with one of the warriors who you all think is uber awesome. In Port Scion my cleric friend and I tanked the entire opposing teams raid for 10 minutes (this is after the most recent nerf to clerics). How is this balanced? It gets even worse when I play rogue sab and mm. I can destroy other players with no pvp gear or time invested with a few abilities from ranged.

Trion needs to wake up and balance the game. Rogues, Clerics, and Mages need to be nerfed and balanced. This cannot continue. Either Kyera has proved my point well. Thank You. Hopefully Trion will finally nerf rogues, buff warriors, and make pvp balanced again.

Does Trion even pay attention. Do they have any idea how different the game is from what is on the forums. Does Trion even read these forums?"
    Last edited by Majorin; 11-10-2012 at 10:56 AM.

P3 warrior in level 45 PvE gear with AH'd weapon does 80k damage, takes 50k damage, gets 40k healing, gets 7 deathblows, doesn't die.

P50 rogue does 132k damage, takes 49k damage, gets 32k healing, gets 10 deathblows, dies once (that was the guy ranked #2 on there, btw).

P50 rogue does 170k damage, takes 63k damage, gets 49k healing, gets 7 deathblows, doesn't die (that's the guy ranked #3).

Clearly a good argument for warriors needing love. That's me, proving your point that P50 warriors just can't compete.

P.S. You also neglected to mention the mage that put up 213k damage, took 85k damage, got 70k healing, got three deathblows, and died once. Mages still need a nerf too, right?

P.P.S. Melatonin was offline or I would have asked him his rank, too, for funsies.

P.P.P.S. You might as well start working for Avis, with how hard you keep trying.
    Last edited by Kyera; 11-10-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

You do realise Trion dosen't care about PvP just raid and do warfronts/CQ when your bored.
    Orchide (Kelari) | eXile Corp (Rocket Science) | Assassin/Marksman
    Level: 60 (R80) | Server: Zaviel

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    P3 warrior in level 45 PvE gear with AH'd weapon does 80k damage, takes 50k damage, gets 40k healing, gets 7 deathblows, doesn't die.

P50 rogue does 132k damage, takes 49k damage, gets 32k healing, gets 10 deathblows, dies once (that was the guy ranked #2 on there, btw).

P50 rogue does 170k damage, takes 63k damage, gets 49k healing, gets 7 deathblows, doesn't die (that's the guy ranked #3).

Clearly a good argument for warriors needing love. That's me, proving your point that P50 warriors just can't compete.

P.S. You also neglected to mention the mage that put up 213k damage, took 85k damage, got 70k healing, got three deathblows, and died once. Mages still need a nerf too, right?

P.P.S. Melatonin was offline or I would have asked him his rank, too, for funsies.

P.P.P.S. You might as well start working for Avis, with how hard you keep trying.
    We all want the game to succeed. I want good pvp. I want to play with a team and have fun in competitive pvp. I want to lose and win only when it means something. You cannot have that now. I can go MM and Sab on my rogue in greens and lead the warfront in damage and KBs easily. I can easily beat rank 50 warriors who are dps. This is beyond jacked up. I don't want it in the game.

I am just saying make posts to improve the game. Be honest about what is going on. We all enjoy this game and have a stake in it's success. The forums can be a tool to improve the game if players are honest and try not to be biased. How can you say the game is balanced if you have both a rogue and a warrior?

The forums should be a means to make the game better. Not a forum to jack up things even worse. I can't make you be honest but I want Trion to know this is all bulls***. It is time to fix things rather than trying to appease a minority of players who like the forums. To much is at stake.

TBH any sab should be able to lead WF dmg unless going up against another sab...or a team who never bunches more than 3 people. If you are playing it aoe style.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    TBH any sab should be able to lead WF dmg unless going up against another sab...or a team who never bunches more than 3 people. If you are playing it aoe style.
    I have wanted since this game was launched honest and competitive pvp. Having superman Rogues who cannot understand balance does not meet this definition. I have been playing a rogue exclusively in pvp and my god it is easier than my warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    I have wanted since this game was launched honest and competitive pvp. Having superman Rogues who cannot understand balance does not meet this definition. I have been playing a rogue exclusively in pvp and my god it is easier than my warrior.
    Dude. You shut up when warriors could hit for 5k in a half tank spec. Now that there is BALANCE you whine?
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

dear mmo gods,

today was a special day. an OP actualy made me laugh so hard i fell of my chair (and its one with armgrips on the side!)

sincerely, para
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

We all want the game to succeed. I want good pvp. I want to play with a team and have fun in competitive pvp. I want to lose and win only when it means something. You cannot have that now. I can go MM and Sab on my rogue in greens and lead the warfront in damage and KBs easily. I can easily beat rank 50 warriors who are dps. This is beyond jacked up. I don't want it in the game.
    Well, MM is getting a nerf to the thing that gives it that leaderboard padding number edge.

I'm still trying to figure out how you could rationalize the competitive performance of a P3 warrior against a series of P50 rogues in an overtuned spec as a justification for warrior buffs, though.

Maybe you should stick to rogue since you're apparently really good at it and leave warriors to the rest of us.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Ascendant

Well, MM is getting a nerf to the thing that gives it that leaderboard padding number edge.

I'm still trying to figure out how you could rationalize the competitive performance of a P3 warrior against a series of P50 rogues in an overtuned spec as a justification for warrior buffs, though.

Maybe you should stick to rogue since you're apparently really good at it and leave warriors to the rest of us.
    Maybe you should realize the state of the game that you and others present on the forums is utter nonsense. Try and rationalize the performance of a rank 2 rogue vs. a rank 50 warrior lol. There was a lot of normalization in both skills and gear. Stop with the biased garbage. I know my rank 2 rogue can perform better because I play both of them.

Just frigging stop. Wake Up.
    Last edited by Majorin; 11-10-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Maybe you should realize the state of the game that you and others present on the forums is utter nonsense. Try and rationalize the performance of a rank 2 rogue vs. a rank 50 warrior lol. There was a lot of normalization in both skills and gear. Stop with the biased garbage. I know my rank 2 rogue can perform better because I play both of them.

Just frigging stop. Wake Up.
    Stick with the rank two rogue. We'll take care of the warrior class in your absence.

The rent is too damn high!
    Adegard □ Blightweald
    Pain is temporary, pride is forever

Soulwalker

The casual players take on things. You know, players that have real lives and can't spend all day everyday farming gear. I have lvl 50 warrior and rogue builds so i do have a feel for how they compare with comparable gear. Actually the warrior gear is better, Brigadier set and blood forged claymore compared with standard dungeon drops and an enhanced shadethorn bow on the rogue.

It seems to me that in general the warrior class is obsolete in this game. They should be the best tanks, but they arent. They aren't the best dps class either. (There really is NO reason any leather wearing class should be a tank.) Warriors have almost no heals,except for the tank builds, and are the slowest movers on the battle field. They have no defense against ranged attack other than a charge or a pull, but since there is no stun associated with either anymore both are useless. Their attack speed is also slow. In pvp (one on one) i usually get hit 2 to 3 times for every 1 hit i make, and lots of my attacks don't hit anything because the target has moved out of range. They have also taken all but 1 break free away and it has a 2 min CD. I spend lots of time stuck or stunned.
    The only warriors that i have seen that are not useless are the ones that have been here for a long time and have top tier gear.

And if you don't think the warrior class is useless now just look at the character distribution in any pvp venue. I'm usuall the only warrior there. The number of players playing a class is the true measure of the value of that class.

I am not interested in nerfing any class(I do play most of them from time to time), just fix the obvious inequities.

Ascendant

Stick with the rank two rogue. We'll take care of the warrior class in your absence.
    Ehh.. It would be best if you left the balance stuff to others. Seriously. Sometimes I am blown away by the way players ask for buffs and nerfs on these forums. The manner they post and how they stretch, lie, or bend the truth. In the end, no one wins. We just have a broken game. LOL. Please don't help with warriors or rogues. Let those of us who want the game to improve for all classes do this stuff. Bye Bye
    Last edited by Majorin; 11-10-2012 at 03:40 PM.

@Majorin- yet you have never once asked for any of the "op" warrior abilities to be toned down. Not once.

All we have seen you do is cry for nerfs of the other classes. A lot of people from Warhammer remember you doing the same thing there as well.

In fact, if anyone cared to check, they would see that you spout the same thing almost word for word that you did there.

You want your class to be on the top..and everyone else beneath your heel. That sure doesn't seem "fair or balanced" to me.

@anyone else reading this. Click the link in my sig and do a post search, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Misun; 11-10-2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: kittens are so adorable
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast