+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Will Damage > Healing again like pre 1.11?

Plane Touched

Default Will Damage > Healing again like pre 1.11?

PVP Updates: 11/6 - 11/7

Overall healing goes down in PVP.

As a mage, on top of LGV being nerfed cause of the AoE heal nerf to all classes, we also get a nerf on all our direct heals except for Natural Healing. So your damage->healing already is less effective and now every instant heal is also reduced on top of it. making your 1.5sec cast time targeted heal your only heal that didn't get nerfed?

it isn't just limited to Mages ofcourse, hence the title being Heals vs Damage

Anyone on Alpha been able to see how this works out?

I can only see numbers so this post is more a concerning player looking for some input, than a "BOOST HEALING NERF DPS" thing. Cause if the majority of PVPrs feels it's balanced at 60, I'll be fine with it tbh.
    Argantes - P50 Warrior
    Crossreaper - P45 Rogue
    Darkraven P50 Mage
    Storm Inquisition, Icewatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromyr View Post
    PVP Updates: 11/6 - 11/7

Overall healing goes down in PVP.

As a mage, on top of LGV being nerfed cause of the AoE heal nerf to all classes, we also get a nerf on all our direct heals except for Natural Healing. So your damage->healing already is less effective and now every instant heal is also reduced on top of it. making your 1.5sec cast time targeted heal your only heal that didn't get nerfed?

it isn't just limited to Mages ofcourse, hence the title being Heals vs Damage

Anyone on Alpha been able to see how this works out?

I can only see numbers so this post is more a concerning player looking for some input, than a "BOOST HEALING NERF DPS" thing. Cause if the majority of PVPrs feels it's balanced at 60, I'll be fine with it tbh.
    in this case dispels would be better than actual healing, so far many abillities can be just healed through

Plane Touched

I'm not sure what you mean with this. Are you talking from a PVP on Alpha @60 perspective or from a currently at live perspective?
    Argantes - P50 Warrior
    Crossreaper - P45 Rogue
    Darkraven P50 Mage

healing seemed as strong as usual on alpha, played few matches as lvl 60, without the gear, only the usual boost, after some 27k health mage dueled me, i ran to take the gear test set :P
    Last edited by Dee Dee; 11-09-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Champion of Telara

Essense surge is a 2 minute emergency cooldown.... Nerf is completely unnecessary.

It makes me wonder if any sub-spec chloro build is even going to be viable in Storm legion by the time we get it.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    Essense surge is a 2 minute emergency cooldown.... Nerf is completely unnecessary.

It makes me wonder if any sub-spec chloro build is even going to be viable in Storm legion by the time we get it.
    I guess they don't want people running around with both killing and healing potential anymore like old Chloro/Warlock or Duracel etc, which is understandable ofcourse.
    They already added stats per point spent though, which already means you lose out on both healing and damage if you decide to go Hybrid.

So far I don't see people jumping on this anyway, so it's either too early in the day, or it raelly isn't an issue at 60.
    I'll root for the latter.
    Argantes - P50 Warrior
    Crossreaper - P45 Rogue
    Darkraven P50 Mage

Saw this and was like /fp. But healing was still high afaik so I can see a need. But given the track record healer has either been LoLwtf or omgwtf. I hope it's a healthy balance.

Definitely interested in seeing how this is playing out on the test environment.

Can't get the Chloro nerfs at all. Makes no sense to me.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Yeah, and so are Fusion of Flesh and Touch of Life. A 2 minute cooldown is nothing, and just like with warriors and their self heals, Essence Surge was making Harbinger ridiculously survivable.
    Last edited by Leif; 11-09-2012 at 07:23 AM.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Yeah, and so are Fusion of Flesh and Touch of Life. A 2 minute cooldown is nothing, and just like with warriors and their self heals, Essence Surge was making Harbinger ridiculously survivable.
    31 points into chloro severely weakens any dps spec. Was that not enough already? I thought that was the idea of the trade-off.

the 1.10 chloro-lock and chloro-dom builds had ES and it wasnt altered then so why now?

31 points into chloro severely weakens any dps spec. Was that not enough already? I thought that was the idea of the trade-off.

the 1.10 chloro-lock and chloro-dom builds had ES and it wasnt altered then so why now?
    And? Fusion of Flesh is at like 32 points and Touch of Life is at 26 IIRC. Doesn't stop them from being nerfed.

Going that far in Chloro does not cost you enough damage for that big of a heal.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

Healing has been, and always will be, the most important thing in PvP
    Even free cost too much now

And? Fusion of Flesh is at like 32 points and Touch of Life is at 26 IIRC. Doesn't stop them from being nerfed.

Going that far in Chloro does not cost you enough damage for that big of a heal.
    It's kind of dumb in a niche solo spec, sure, but it's one of those neat "oh crap" PvP tools used to save someone else's bacon -- unless this is part of a tuning process Trion is undertaking to eliminate the need for "oh crap" buttons.

Of course, given that Sentinels still have Fullness of Life and TTL/Flashover/Tidal Surge are still things...
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Champion of Telara

Apologies, i dont agree with any of those skills being nerfed. I just pick up on chloro because my main is a mage.

Apologies, i dont agree with any of those skills being nerfed. I just pick up on chloro because my main is a mage.
    Consider this. Going Chloro loses you burst and damage, but you gain, at a bare minimum if you are bad and just use Essence Surge, 100% more effective health every 2 minutes. You also get Eldritch procs for free heals, so there's even more there.

Now, is the damage loss from going Chloro 50% to counter the doubled survival rate? I'm pretty sure it isn't, and it isn't for Pally and VK (when they figure out how to make it not crazy OP) so the clear choice is almost always to go for the heal.

Therefor, the balanced choice is to bring the heals down in PVP so you aren't a 32 point VK hybrid with good damage and survibability healing yourself for 32k HP every 2 minutes, or the same with a Chloro hybrid.

Harb's mechannics and surviability are really the core of these Chloro PVP nerfs, and that's why it hasn't happened until now.
    Last edited by Leif; 11-09-2012 at 08:25 AM.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast