+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eughe

Thread: Absorbs and pvp objectives

Rift Chaser

Default Absorbs and pvp objectives

Absorbs should not allow you to pick up objectives or cap in pvp due to some absorbs (from tank abilities) being ridiculously high. Any decently geared cleric tank (and probably the other callings too) that feels like it can pick up an objective or cap as long as they aren't being attacked by multiple people who are doing very good damage. With incomplete pvp gear I can get a shield worth about 9k of absorption using just defense...and that means so can anyone else. That means that most players will not be able to prevent a cap by themselves even while paying attention and actively attacking the player trying to cap, and if the tank outgears other people can realistically cap with 3+ attackers on them. Absorbed damage simply needs to prevent a cap just like regular damage.

Unless this is a recent thing, they stopped that from happening in like 1.4.

Yeah, I haven't noticed absorbs allowing people to pick things up.
    Even free cost too much now

Rift Chaser

Yeah, I just tested it in Codex and it didn't work as I thought...

But, I literally watched someone named Mimssy pick up the objective in Whitefall while I was channeling a damaging spell at her...I did not see immune so I'm assuming the damage was absorbed. Or is there something else going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bramir View Post
    Yeah, I just tested it in Codex and it didn't work as I thought...

But, I literally watched someone named Mimssy pick up the objective in Whitefall while I was channeling a damaging spell at her...I did not see immune so I'm assuming the damage was absorbed. Or is there something else going on here?
    Cadence doesn't do it either, for whatever reason direct channel spells don't interrupt seems like.
    Even free cost too much now

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Cadence doesn't do it either, for whatever reason direct channel spells don't interrupt seems like.
    Lesson learned I suppose...of course, I'm not sure that is working as intended...

Many channel attack abilities interrupt target on picking up only on first tick. I am not sure if this is a bug or work as intended.

*Remembers Lost Hope Vault guarding...*
    Yeah. None of that now. I think Shyessa's got the right of it on how it works nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyessa View Post
    Many channel attack abilities interrupt target on picking up only on first tick. I am not sure if this is a bug or work as intended.
    Works that way for DoTs too, afaik.

I haven't been able to capture objectives with puri shields, but I have noticed some people picking up objectives while being attacked via aoe. I think it may be a tank skill that's allowing them to do it. I saw this several times in Whitefall tonight.

+ Reply to Thread