+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Melee dps trees don't have a snare

Default Melee dps trees don't have a snare

Can't find it, can anyone help me find one in a dps tree?
    Last edited by Sonic Rain Boom; 11-08-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Well, rogues have... Oh
    ~Quiescent

Champion

No worries, I found it for you. Only a 6 point investment.

http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/522887827/Twilight-Force

[BUG][EXPLOIT] I lol'd

But seriously it is pretty dumb...so dumb getting kited by everyone.Bards running from you casting their little ghetto heal(that used to be a channel)...so damn annoying.Not to mention true kiting classes like MM etc...thats just ridiculous.
    Well removing the bull rush from my warriors arsenal of abilities has really pissed me off.
    xugla~

Doesn't this make kiting/pursuing more of a contest of skill? And isn't that a good thing?
    My sense is that is what Trion is trying to achieve.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmyzz View Post
    No worries, I found it for you. Only a 6 point investment.

http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/522887827/Twilight-Force

Oh, I'm well aware. We also have a 0 point snare in the form of Adhesive Bomb, and effectually another in the form of 0 pt OTD/Swift Shot, but Spaceboots isn't a Rogue.

Rogues are stacked for mobility as far as I'm concerned, if only for our plethora of 0 pt abilities. I honestly think Warriors need more snares though, something to the effect of leg sweep or freeze armor low in a tree that they can access.
    Last edited by Zaros; 11-07-2012 at 05:12 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Doesn't this make kiting/pursuing more of a contest of skill? And isn't that a good thing?
    wat .
    Fluent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Rogues are stacked for mobility as far as I'm concerned, if only for our plethora of 0 pt abilities. I honestly think Warriors need more snares though, something to the effect of leg sweep or freeze armor low in a tree that they can access.
    Targeted ranged snares really should be a rare thing. I think melee snares should be prevalent for melee classes (edit: rogues included) -- close the gap, keep it closed.
    Last edited by Kyera; 11-07-2012 at 05:17 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    So what you're saying is remove all cc from the game right? I mean it takes more skill for a mage to kite me if i'm not squirreled all the time. It also takes more skill to kite me when a rogue can't knock back for 15 years at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Targeted ranged snares really should be a rare thing thing. I think melee snares should be prevalent for melee classes -- close the gap, keep it closed.
    As long as Marksman has Hastened Withdrawl, On the Double, Hasted Shot, Swift Shot, Retreat, Static Shot, Crossfire, Repelling Shot, and Quick Reload, I don't think it'd kill us to give Warriors a snare or two.
    ~Quiescent

As long as Marksman has Hastened Withdrawl, On the Double, Hasted Shot, Swift Shot, Retreat, Static Shot, Crossfire, Repelling Shot, and Quick Reload, I don't think it'd kill us to give Warriors a snare or two.
    I don't mind, I thought it was pretty silly because it is impossible for warriors to catch even a half decent MM. I lol'd when a warrior couldn't finish me off at under 5% hp, I just do my magic and I'm gone, far behind my whole team that just respawned.
    Last edited by Delmlord; 11-07-2012 at 05:25 PM.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

I don't think it would, but I've never been a fan of offense-oriented ranged snares, esp. w/o immunity.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

0 point sab
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

A different way to look at it is we are not very mobile, perhaps some more leaps and shifts not so deep in the RS?
    Yes I want easy mode, so don't bother going there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Telaran

Oh, I'm well aware. We also have a 0 point snare in the form of Adhesive Bomb, and effectually another in the form of 0 pt OTD/Swift Shot, but Spaceboots isn't a Rogue.

Did you participate in the last PvP set on beta? Until 2.0 hits, absolutely nothing needs to be added to the warrior class for PvP utility. I have not checked cleric, but mages warriors and rogues all have 35m souls now. Additionally, warriors and mages have more then enough means in which to negate or keep up with rogue mobility.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast