+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Zimmyzz
  • 1 Post By spaceboots
  • 1 Post By mistacrowley420

Thread: Is CC in SL changing?

Champion

Default Is CC in SL changing?

Is the CC changing in SL? Maybe I just havenít gotten used to 1.11, but it seems messed up. BlehÖ

Shouldn't melee souls needing to be in melee range have the snares (melee range) without a DR and ranged souls have some root/stun/speed available with a DR? Why is the non-DR snaring ranged? With lingering 1.10 warrior memories I hate to say this, but I actually feel a little twinge of unfairness for warriors running a non-ranged spec trying to hit/kill mobile people atm.

Pure healers should have some reasonable CC for escape. I don't care if it's a reactive snare buff that can be purged or a skill on a CD. Put it higher in the healing trees or deep down in the root, but put it in there. A melee range knockback is not helpful.

I want my ranged knockback back from 1.10. I'd like my silence back also, but if I could pick just one, I'll take the knockback. As a pure healer, I want some escape mechanism. Don't get me wrong, Iíll run through fallen trees and around pillars/rocks/trees trying to shake people, but only for so long. Unfortunately in 1.11, when I shake someone and get a little distance to escape, I leave my LoS happy place and I'm toast. A knockback on a 30sec timer isn't much to ask for.

If CC isnít changing, I hope Trion fills the warfronts with trees, rocks, yard gnomes, statues of Disney characters and pillars with mirrors on them like a fun house, so any LoS greater than 10m is completely negated by terrain. Iím talking hamster habitat setup here, where people can run inside logs across entire WFs. Make them random, so every warfront is different. They may as well force people into a small box to heal/hit at this point to negate the CC currently implemented. At least it takes some skill to run around things to gain/remove LoS vs. I run faster than you always and Iíll snare and silence you too. Kite to possibly live has become kite to inevitably die.

If I kite someone up a cliff and position them, I want to boot their arse off the damn cliff. Now I get chased up a rock, then down, then up, then down, and so on with no ability to change that.

There has to be some reasonable way within every soul to earn separation for an escape or melee range for dmg and be rewarded for it.

I don't want perma-stickum on my feet constantly re-applied by some speed-freak from afar.

Someone rationalize this for me, so I can correct the errors of my thoughts/ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmyzz View Post
    Shouldn't melee souls needing to be in melee range have the snares (melee range) without a DR.
    Been trying to find my warrior snare for sometime, while they keep nerfing my ranged pvp damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBeUxwIhr1A&hd=1
    Last edited by spaceboots; 11-07-2012 at 12:10 PM.

No they will let rogues keep cross firing us and mages will double squirrel now! wtfnosnares

Soulwalker

I figured this is why they gave us rift implosion. For those 25 seconds you are chasing someone to get close enough to hit them you have ample time to tab target everyone else around and spam it while wondering if the ability went off since it doesn't generate any attack points.
    Last edited by Ellb; 11-07-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Looks like its back to blowing up squirrells at level 60

Should we take this to the general forum?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ellb View Post
    I figured this is why they gave us rift implosion. For those 25 seconds you are chasing someone to get close enough to hit them you have ample time to tab target everyone else around and spam it while wondering if the ability went off since it doesn't generate any attack points.
    Except it doesn't do squat for damage unless you are actually hitting someone to build up implosion surge stacks. Still need snares in melee specs.
    No French kisses, and no hippopotamuses.

Champion

My thread was hijacked by warriors. They do have issues, but...

Where's my healing cleric CC? I want it back. Just one little ranged knockback.

They took my pyro knockback too =(
    There is another but in a tree i don't want to be in...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Mages are getting a single and group mezz iirc.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmyzz View Post
    My thread was hijacked by warriors. They do have issues, but...

Where's my healing cleric CC? I want it back. Just one little ranged knockback.
    Zimmy, Tempest Mirror, that is what I use.

can we get the mother****ing repeated knockback from crossfire removed, it's annoying as ****

I thought movement effects (SO, KBs, etc) no longer interrupted? I know from personal experience that KB doesn't break channeling on Rebuke, since I laughed my *** off when I was bounced back twice by a Rogue using Xfire to attempt to stop me, instead of just hitting DeadCleric, I mean Deaden.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Atropus View Post
    I thought movement effects (SO, KBs, etc) no longer interrupted? I know from personal experience that KB doesn't break channeling on Rebuke, since I laughed my *** off when I was bounced back twice by a Rogue using Xfire to attempt to stop me, instead of just hitting DeadCleric, I mean Deaden.
    This is true from my experience now. I used to always stay close to casters so I could have a second/third interrupt with Repelling Shot, but it doesn't seem to interrupt anymore
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

+ Reply to Thread