+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Riane

Thread: [Bug] Ignore List avoiding to join WF.

Rift Disciple

Default [Bug] Ignore List avoiding to join WF.

When you put somebody in Ignore List or somebody put you in Ignore List, it's avoiding you to be grouped with this person, but it's also avoiding you to join a warfront with this person because of the priority list, thus for grouped WF/CQ/PVE conquest result in a problem when everybody want to go in the same coalition to not be able to enter.

How are you able to confirm this?

I just have to ask since the last [exploit] posted was a long time player who just became aware of how an ability has worked for a year+. You guys make me wonder with your wives tales.

It doesn't sound impossible. Just wonder how you are certain.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-07-2012 at 09:59 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I can give credence that this happens, or at least it used to.

The notable instance I found is when I was tired of someone on my team running their mouth, ignored them and my previously quick queue stagnated. Once I realized the probable cause, I cleared the ignore entry, my queue popped and there was the player I had ignored on my team once again.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

So if we all band together and ignore 1 person we can keep them out of WFs for good?

This is interesting, I never used in game ignore list though. Staying tuned.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I've been in multiple (see: 5-10) warfronts/conquest with individuals I had recently put on ignore. In fact, I've been in the same auto-joined Conquest raids with people I've put on ignore.

I think what either of you have done for "proof" is sheer coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    I've been in multiple (see: 5-10) warfronts/conquest with individuals I had recently put on ignore. In fact, I've been in the same auto-joined Conquest raids with people I've put on ignore.

I think what either of you have done for "proof" is sheer coincidence.
    I'm curious whether they joined the matches after you had already entered or not, because the game only checks if the people on the team you would join are ignored, rather than people joining after you.

That said, it could be coincidence, but the stream of events and immediate queue difference leads to me believe that, if nothing else, there was an intermitent issue that did cause the ignore list entry to apply/
    Waiting for Wildstar...

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    So if we all band together and ignore 1 person we can keep them out of WFs for good?

This is interesting, I never used in game ignore list though. Staying tuned.
    Probably doesn't work both ways, unfortunately. But it is the first thing I thought about when I saw the topic.

They make have taken my ready checks, but they'll never take my ignore list!
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    I'm curious whether they joined the matches after you had already entered or not, because the game only checks if the people on the team you would join are ignored, rather than people joining after you.

That said, it could be coincidence, but the stream of events and immediate queue difference leads to me believe that, if nothing else, there was an intermitent issue that did cause the ignore list entry to apply/
    I've been in warfronts where they joined after I was in the warfront. I've been in warfronts where I joined after they were in the warfront.

I really don't think it matters because the other night I was in queues for Codex/Whitefall with and against people I had on ignore for almost 2-3 hours straight. Queues were all popping within a few seconds of joining it.

Rift Disciple

Seems to be a random bug then. If so, should find a way to reproduce it for the devs to correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brume View Post
    When you put somebody in Ignore List or somebody put you in Ignore List, it's avoiding you to be grouped with this person, but it's also avoiding you to join a warfront with this person because of the priority list, thus for grouped WF/CQ/PVE conquest result in a problem when everybody want to go in the same coalition to not be able to enter.
    Huh? I hate to think how long my ignore list is... and I know for a fact that I end up in wf's/cq's with people on it.
    I just can't see them whine is all. And for that. I am thankful.
    Last edited by Charlice; 11-07-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

I have a VERY long ignore list and yet I get picked up on queue within seconds.

Either my list is so long there is no alternative but to stick me with people I ignored or it just doesn't work the way the op describes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

I have you all on ignore and still wind up in wf's

i have a macro that looks likes this.....

ignore@mouseoverui

Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

+ Reply to Thread