+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Random thought

Soulwalker

Default Random thought

I was reading forums the other day and i had come across a thread where people were trying to suggest to have either separate soul Trees for PVP or the same soul tree working differently in PVP and PVE mode.

I dont PVP much but was just thinking would it work if gear itself had two modes (one set of stats for PVE mode and other set of stats for PVP), currently the biggest deterrent for me to do PVP is i have to start at the bottom of the gear pile(PVP) even though i have decent PVE gear. Just a suggestion out of the blue might be totally ridiculous.
    Last edited by unraan; 11-07-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Champion of Telara

We used to have a pvp soul for each class. They were removed in favour of pvp PA trees.

My mage still misses his pvp soul

Just a heads up - there's a lot of changes coming to PvP with Storm Legion. During the open beta, it wasn't a big issue to to walk into a warfront in PvE gear.

And like Pett said, we used to have a PvP soul tree. There were some very fun skills in it, but the higher rank ones weren't usable by newcomers, and some of them were pretty powerful.
    Eshlon@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Arynite View Post
    Just a heads up - there's a lot of changes coming to PvP with Storm Legion. During the open beta, it wasn't a big issue to to walk into a warfront in PvE gear.

And like Pett said, we used to have a PvP soul tree. There were some very fun skills in it, but the higher rank ones weren't usable by newcomers, and some of them were pretty powerful.
    it will become an issue at lvl 60 when you lose your innate valor that is applied lvl 51-59...PVP in PVE gear at lvl 60 and you will get owned.There is level 60 pvp sets for a reason.
    Last edited by Nethos; 11-07-2012 at 11:31 AM.
    Well removing the bull rush from my warriors arsenal of abilities has really pissed me off.
    xugla~

Quote Originally Posted by Nethos View Post
    it will become an issue at lvl 60 when you lose your innate valor that is applied lvl 51-59...PVP in PVE gear at lvl 60 and you will get owned.There is level 60 pvp sets for a reason.
    No, not really.

At level 60, you get bolstered to having the lowest tier of PVP gear equipped if you are wearing gear less powerful than it, or are wearing a PVE piece, all on a slot by slot basis.
    Last edited by Leif; 11-07-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    No, not really.

At level 60, you get bolstered to having the lowest tier of PVP gear equipped if you are wearing gear less powerful than it, or are wearing a PVE piece, all on a slot by slot basis.
    so no reason to op for the PVP gear then?I assume there is more valor/vengence on the higher ranked sets,if not then thats just lame.
    Well removing the bull rush from my warriors arsenal of abilities has really pissed me off.
    xugla~

Soulwalker

Basically its too much time consuming to get specific gear for both PVP and PVE component of the game. I also have to carry around the gear in my bags, if i have two roles for PVE then that is two sets of gear apart from the PVP gear, thats just too much space consumption and the additional though small irritation of changing gear for PVP and PVE, if gear was the same with stats per game play, that would at least make me more hopeful of having a fighting chance in a particular game mode and allow me to enjoy both the aspects of game more easily... may be the orange ones are specific for only one mode that is PVE or PVP but other gear (purple, blue,green) should be allowed to use in any mode having corresponding stats per mode.

+ Reply to Thread