Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Warrior pvp totally ridiculously overtuned thread number 11897134987387

Soulwalker

Default Warrior pvp totally ridiculously overtuned thread number 11897134987387

Yes it has been said millions of times over, but i want to make sure SOMEONE at Trion hears this.....WHY CAN WARRIORS DISCHARGE HIT P50 GEARED PLAYERS FOR 6K WHILE NO OTHER CLASS CAN CRIT FOR ANYTHING MUCH OVER 3K? They where plate armor, they are beefy, they have incredible mobility, snares and CC.

A warrior Ozumi from Lathey's in every WF he is in typically goes 15-0 or better always depending on the amount of time (most recently was 30-0). Never dies, just runs around 2 shotting everyone.

This trend has been going on in Trion forever, i remember back in i think it was the 1.3 patch where they had to hotfix and apologized for the "pain train". No hotfix yet, still waiting. Maybe none coming til Storm Legion. Come on guys, every person that plays rift that is not a warrior wouldn't be complaining if it weren't true. Just cut the burst dmg of discharge in half to put it line with all the other classes and you'll be gtg. K tx.
    PollyAnna - Seastone R8 Rogue
    Tromped - Seastone R8 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Tromped View Post
    Yes it has been said millions of times over, but i want to make sure SOMEONE at Trion hears this.....WHY CAN WARRIORS DISCHARGE HIT P50 GEARED PLAYERS FOR 6K WHILE NO OTHER CLASS CAN CRIT FOR ANYTHING MUCH OVER 3K? They where plate armor, they are beefy, they have incredible mobility, snares and CC.
    Rogue can do that sort of damage, it is just very backloaded. But it sure surprises a healer trying to stay alive under fire.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Rogue can do that sort of damage, it is just very backloaded. But it sure surprises a healer trying to stay alive under fire.
    I think Sab/MM burst about 75%-80% of the Warrior burst over a slightly larger effective TTK window (but with less setup), but yeah, it's silly in both cases.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Champion of Telara

Cleric's can burst hard once a minute with a gimmick setup that is easily interruptable... but it does exist!

Google didn't tell me at all what TTK means

Sab/MM is very consistent and has the MM utility. Sab/Sin is consistent, and has near equally effective self/offensive utility, if not better utility than the MM variant. And has higher moments of burst, just very limited/luckier. It is a ridiculously close call between the two though, I use them both for times.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-05-2012 at 08:21 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

A warrior Ozumi from Lathey's in every WF he is in typically goes 15-0 or better always depending on the amount of time (most recently was 30-0). Never dies, just runs around 2 shotting everyone.
    I have never seen anyone go 30-0 without a pocket healer unless the game is badly lop sided. save your soul recall for those fluke matches.

as for discharge it definatly needs to be brought down to 3k max crits. That allows for plenty of burst with 51 RB.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Google didn't tell me at all what TTK means

Sab/MM is very consistent and has the MM utility. Sab/Sin is consistent, and has near equally effective self/offensive utility, if not better utility than the MM variant. And has higher moments of burst, just very limited/luckier. It is a ridiculously close call between the two though, I use them both for times.
    Time To Kill is what im used to people using TTK for.

Buff Mages!!

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    I have never seen anyone go 30-0 without a pocket healer unless the game is badly lop sided. save your soul recall for those fluke matches.
    I've certainly seen 30-1 or 30-2 w/o a pocket healer, esp. in post-1.11 wonderland, but usually not from warriors since everyone likes to tab-target the warrior.

And yes, Dak, TTK is "time to kill". Effective TTK is the "effective" time to kill, which is to say the window between the first tick of damage and death. The effective TTK is lower when people can marry abilities with travel time/build time with instas (e.g. Time Bomb + Charges -> Detonate certainly takes longer than a GCD, but if it were to one-shot someone if you popped Detonate as TB went off, the effective TTK is under one GCD).
    Last edited by Kyera; 11-05-2012 at 08:57 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Rift Master

They where plate armor, they are beefy, they have incredible mobility, snares and CC.
    You're only correct on two of these things. For clarification; they wear plate armor, and they have cc (although this one could be debated).

Warriors that can discharge for 6k on live are far from beefy, and if you are complaining about beta warriors that is most likely going to cause two souls get gutted with the way things have been going. Warriors don't have snares anymore, and no dr on snares anymore in combination with changes to our gap closers cut our mobility down to about 30-40% of what it was previously - and it is far from incredible.

Guess what harbinger gets? A dodge cd, a damage reduction cd, two on target gap closers, an escape/gap closer that also functions as a cc break (all of warriors' in-tree cc breaks were removed because "everybody gets break free baseline now"), a snare, cc, undispellable dots, really good burst potential, the ability to use melee attacks from 30m for 15s on a 30s cd, healing well above what any warrior dps spec is capable of, and a 1s GCD without a damage penalty, all in one tree.

They seriously took all of the best abilities from the warrior trees, and rolled them into one tree, added some even cooler stuff, and gave it to mages. Once vk and tempest get gutted for pvp use, enjoy having what warriors should have had all along. I'd trade tempest for harbinger in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by Fafa; 11-05-2012 at 09:06 AM.
    No French kisses, and no hippopotamuses.

Ascendant

Whatever. Every warfront I do has mages and rogues way ahead of warriors in overall damage and killing blows. I have tried the RB and VK spec and on full valor players never came close to a crit of 6k. I have gotten 3k before. You need to put on some pvp gear. So even with warriors having discharge they are at the middle or bottom of the heap in both dps and killing blows in all the warfronts I ran. Stop whining. It is pathetic.

The root cause of these threads is usually predetermined bias or clowns that get hard because wearing pve gear. I have not seen these numbers ever while playing pvp and have been playing alot. Warriors are behind compared to rogues and mages based on warfront results.

Grow up and realize every class deserves a chance to enjoy pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Fafa View Post
    I'd trade tempest for harbinger in a heartbeat.
    As would I sir. When Im not playing OP tempest/vk (BETA) it seems like harbingers are VERY strong. I honostly hate the idea of a ranged soul it almost defeats the purpose of being a warrior and i hopE its made viable and not OP because i dont want to even touch it on live. If i wanted to play a ranged spec i wouldn't have leveled a warrior to 50.

I SAY we trade souls :P
    Last edited by Keota; 11-05-2012 at 10:36 AM.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    When Im not playing OP tempest/vk (BETA) it seems like harbingers are VERY strong.
    I would try melee builds in beta, but when I got out healed and out damaged by a melee mage I had to go back to tempest hybrids.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Grow up and realize every class deserves a chance to enjoy pvp.
    Warrs do need some help outside the gimmick specs, but lets come back to reality here. Warr has had it too good for the last couple months. Hopefully they make the necessary tweaks needed for improvement.
    p70 warr, cleric, rogue

Whatever. Every warfront I do has mages and rogues way ahead of warriors in overall damage and killing blows. I have tried the RB and VK spec and on full valor players never came close to a crit of 6k. I have gotten 3k before. You need to put on some pvp gear. So even with warriors having discharge they are at the middle or bottom of the heap in both dps and killing blows in all the warfronts I ran.
    If you're not ever seeing a big crit on players in a reasonable tier of gear, you might want to check with your peers. I'm in full valor minus sigil and Fafa and one or two other warriors have dropped the 6k iron fist on me. Maybe there's a step to the rotation you're missing, idk.

Stop whining. It is pathetic.
    Stop trying to kill me with irony (Alanis-style). It's hilarious.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fafa View Post
    You're only correct on two of these things. For clarification; they wear plate armor, and they have cc (although this one could be debated).

Warriors that can discharge for 6k on live are far from beefy, and if you are complaining about beta warriors that is most likely going to cause two souls get gutted with the way things have been going. Warriors don't have snares anymore, and no dr on snares anymore in combination with changes to our gap closers cut our mobility down to about 30-40% of what it was previously - and it is far from incredible.

Guess what harbinger gets? A dodge cd, a damage reduction cd, two on target gap closers, an escape/gap closer that also functions as a cc break (all of warriors' in-tree cc breaks were removed because "everybody gets break free baseline now"), a snare, cc, undispellable dots, really good burst potential, the ability to use melee attacks from 30m for 15s on a 30s cd, healing well above what any warrior dps spec is capable of, and a 1s GCD without a damage penalty, all in one tree.

They seriously took all of the best abilities from the warrior trees, and rolled them into one tree, added some even cooler stuff, and gave it to mages. Once vk and tempest get gutted for pvp use, enjoy having what warriors should have had all along. I'd trade tempest for harbinger in a heartbeat.
    Not beefy? Got hit for an 8.6k discharge from a warrior who had 18k hps.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast