+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: SL pvp @60

Soulwalker

Default SL pvp @60

My friend and I just started playing rift again. We mostly PVP; hes rank24 and i'm rank36. I noticed when we play there are alot of Rank 50's... I assume we get matched up with these ranks 50 due to the lack of pvp matches. "This can be a pain at times." My question is when SL hits is there going to be a blank slate/ even ground? Or will I spend SL catching up?
    PS: Just wondering is all and I haven't done any beta.

SL is pretty much an across the boards "reset" so yes, you should find yourself on fairly level ground
    Even free cost too much now

save the favor
    rest depends how fast you level up, can be easier through pve

Soulwalker

I believe it's been mentioned that if you are p50 once you hit level 60 you'll be able to start p51 and up, and those under p50 will be given an accelerated rate to reach p50 to catch up more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by BoricGolf View Post
    I believe it's been mentioned that if you are p50 once you hit level 60 you'll be able to start p51 and up, and those under p50 will be given an accelerated rate to reach p50 to catch up more or less.
    problem is it feels slow if you keep being owned

Conquest is much faster than WFs. I would recommend prestige farming in there.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Conquest is much faster than WFs. I would recommend prestige farming in there.
    ppl will be busy with dimensions and stuff, I doubt conquest will be as popular to be a source of prestige, at least a while, untill all explore areas and quest, pvp will be a bit in standby

Shield of Telara

They actually stated conquest was meant for end game so they will be removing it when SL is realsed. Once enough people begin to get towards end game they will introduce it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
    ppl will be busy with dimensions and stuff, I doubt conquest will be as popular to be a source of prestige, at least a while, untill all explore areas and quest, pvp will be a bit in standby
    CQ actually won't even be around at the launch of SL. I was saying CQ in response to your post of "getting owned." Just queue NF and roll with a zerg. It is easily doable to go from R30ish to R50 in a week in CQ. If they don't want to CQ and prefer WFs, can't do much to help them rank up before SL and they will just have to hope that the additional boost to pre-P50 is substantial enough that they don't get left very far behind. The power creep from level 50 to level 60 is immense.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    CQ actually won't even be around at the launch of SL. I was saying CQ in response to your post of "getting owned." Just queue NF and roll with a zerg. It is easily doable to go from R30ish to R50 in a week in CQ. If they don't want to CQ and prefer WFs, can't do much to help them rank up before SL and they will just have to hope that the additional boost to pre-P50 is substantial enough that they don't get left very far behind. The power creep from level 50 to level 60 is immense.
    I'm maxed gear and rank, today felt a bit how it was on the other side :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
    It will be imo. And in CQ it doesn't matter what rank you are. If you're in a bad team you'll die, if you're in NF you'll just join the pack and roflstomp anyone in your way. Either way the favor/prestige, cq power, marks and stuff will be less painful to get in there, than in un-ranked matches.

I've taken my baby r13 in there a number of times now, she really doesn't die any more frequently than my higher ranked toons.

You can use the ISS for essences too, and you'll get a crap ton of those. Just don't sit afk, that would make me sad.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Conquest going away? Thank godess! What about degrading our Conquest power? Going away too.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Shadowlander

Default This may help while you get to lvl 60

Due to how rapidly power is gained leveling from 51 though 60 we felt that the best experience would result from reducing the level range in Warfronts post 50. The new brackets for Storm Legion will include:
    50-54
    55-59
    [WIP] Karthan Ridge is now available at level 50. Collect bombs and blow up enemy emplacements.
    Whitefall Steppes: Avalanche has been retired - Escalation: Whitefall Steppes has taken its place full time!
    Reduced the range at which rewards for kills are rewarded in Warfronts to 100m.
    [WIP] Rewards will be increased globally for Wins to account for the overall loss in rewards from kills.

Hope this helps .

Just to give you a SL PvP gear preview, here is a comparison between current and SL gears.

Click meh.

At the top is Planer Conq gear and top line PvP gear. At the bottom is SL gear bought with the new version of ISS (not expert or raid level gear) and the top line SL PvP gear.
    Last edited by Adeezha; 11-08-2012 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    Conquest going away? Thank godess! What about degrading our Conquest power? Going away too.
    Conquest is not going away, the developer said that it was being put on hold until there were enough level 60's to play. In the meantime the decay is being removed from the conquest points until CQ is restarted.
    Dunkelmagus - Guardian - Faeblight - Level 25 Guild <DARGAARD KNIGHTS >

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast