+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Silence, Knockback, Imprison, Crossfire, Rebuke, Hey can I actually play my toon yet?

Soulwalker

Default Silence, Knockback, Imprison, Crossfire, Rebuke, Hey can I actually play my toon yet?

Seriously guys,

There should be some cool downs on people who have been silenced, knocked backed, crossfired, transmorgified, Rebuked. If I am a victim of one of these I think I should have at least a 5 second immunity until the next crowd control effect. That is all I am asking.

Seriously I would actually like to have control of my toon for about 5 seconds before I die.

Thanks for your consideration.

Currently, after the first CC, the next one that hits you in 15 seconds is half its actual duration. Then you are immune for a bit. This DR system is very forgiving. In the first couple of patches, you could literally be squirreled for a whole fight.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

* Abilities with snares and knockbacks no longer trigger diminishing returns.
    * Crowd control effects like stuns, roots, etc. are subject to diminishing returns when used against players in PvP. This diminishing returns system has been changed:
    - Old method: 1st effect has full duration, 2nd effect has reduced duration, 3rd effect is further reduced, etc. until target becomes fully immune. Then timeout occurs, and the whole thing resets.
    - New method: 1st effect has full duration, and when it ends, the target becomes immune for a period of time equal to that duration.

It's actually the most difficult it has been to CC anyone, especially in a pug. The hardest part really is actually finding a cc in any of your trees, cause you know, Trion wants to promote synergy by limiting options...

My class has a billion crappy stuns, and zero snares as a melee.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 11-04-2012 at 05:54 PM.

They should just remove CC from the game IMO its only for people who take PvP seriously anyways.
    Last edited by Keota; 11-04-2012 at 06:36 PM.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    Currently, after the first CC, the next one that hits you in 15 seconds is half its actual duration. Then you are immune for a bit. This DR system is very forgiving. In the first couple of patches, you could literally be squirreled for a whole fight.
    I made the mistake of /say that I was getting tired of being squirreled once. I spent the rest of the WF as a squirrel. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

CC is the most fun mechanic video games ever introduced in their entire running history.

edit: Unless it's red/blue/green shells.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-04-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I so wish I could let my coercer run riot in a warfront. Would be awesome.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    I so wish I could let my coercer run riot in a warfront. Would be awesome.
    Would be fun to guard Vault. Someone tries to cap it and you just keep them mezzed for the remaining 10m of the game.

ps. I use to rage so hard doing arena's against my illusionist friend.

pps. Crossfire shouldn't disable you from playing, just sucks if you are near an edge. It doesn't interrupt casting on its KB.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-04-2012 at 08:02 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Would be fun to guard Vault. Someone tries to cap it and you just keep them mezzed for the remaining 10m of the game.

ps. I use to rage so hard doing arena's against my illusionist friend.

pps. Crossfire shouldn't disable you from playing, just sucks if you are near an edge. It doesn't interrupt casting on its KB.
    You want to kill me? Lol, mezzed! Pew pew pew!

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Rebuke doesn't have any CC attached to it. Thanks for posting from pre-1.11 though!

There's so much instant CC in the game it's difficult to skillfully avoid it. Cast times would allow for interrupts or LoS / ranging.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    There's so much instant CC in the game it's difficult to skillfully avoid it. Cast times would allow for interrupts or LoS / ranging.
    Couldn't agree more.
    No French kisses, and no hippopotamuses.

Soulwalker

The aoe silences and snares are a little much when confined to an area like the codex, they just keep dropping them on the flag. A little less radius and opportunity to drop them in confined spaces like that would be nice.
    Piink

"I'll take 'Basic PVP' for a thousand, Alex."

"This flawed mechanic prevents permanent, or rapidly reapplied control based effects."

"What are Diminishing Returns?"

"You are correct!"

Soulwalker

The new thing to do is drop wither and silence you, when you get back from the graveyard its a rinse and repeat, because it usually takes more than 15 sec to get back- how fun. Breakfree did not pop up- not sure if it was the double hit. Second one is the mage cage- they cage you and when it breaks there are usually a few more waiting for you. How is this suppose to be fun, add to it that you can no longer keep anything alive healing and it is not a huge amount of fun. For some reason the silence that healers use to have were removed, at least from the spec I play which use to have it- Which helped out with mages.
    Would be nice if warriors pull in was on a cooldown, getting sick of being picked out and pulled into a group and slaughtered
    Piink

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast