+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Will Pvp get better at 60?

Rift Disciple

Default Will Pvp get better at 60?

Will it get better, more balanced, less pigeonholed, more predictable at 60? I'm a cleric who only pvps and I've been pretty unhappy with the results of 1.11 SO FAR. (from a cleric point of view) We won't really know until we actually get there, but do you think it'll be better, worse, about the same?
    Fourtyfour

Mei

It's Trion.
    Fluent

>.>

<.<

o.O
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Magic 8 ball says yes.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

I would like to think in a perfect world That once everyone is 60 and max geared and the real variables come out that they will be fixed and they will be balanced.

But Trion has a track record of over nerfing things so Im sure there will always be some imbalance.

"Our testers are dumb so we just swing the nerf bat when something hits to hard"
    ~Trion
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post

"Our testers are dumb so we just swing the nerf bat when something heals to much"
    ~Trion
    I think this applies as well.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyNotHexxx View Post
    Will it get better, more balanced, less pigeonholed, more predictable at 60? I'm a cleric who only pvps and I've been pretty unhappy with the results of 1.11 SO FAR. (from a cleric point of view) We won't really know until we actually get there, but do you think it'll be better, worse, about the same?
    why? cleric is really strong, you suppose it gets even BETTER?

Do you play in group and 5vs5? not? well ... you didnt experience pvp yet at all actually ...

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    why? cleric is really strong, you suppose it gets even BETTER?

Do you play in group and 5vs5? not? well ... you didnt experience pvp yet at all actually ...
    He is not saying that cleric healing is not strong (puri) he is saying that right now pre SL things are really ****ing wacky and unbalanced and he doesn't like the game and soul changes. As do many of us.

and i would hardly question hexx's ability to PvP open world 1v5 or 5v5 because there is a very likely chance he has been doing it BETTER then you since launch.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Ascendant

i doubt that.

to topic then:

yes i think at 60 pvp will get EVEN better

No, I doubt it will be better. It terms of coming up with more functional specs it will be more flexible, but it terms of abilities balance, no.

They seem to be working on balancing PVE aspects only right now on alpha and then they will modify abilities in pvp(I am guessing based on observation). They invited primarily pve players to their alpha test and not any specific pvp-centric players. There won't be a lot of feedback with respects to pvp because not a lot of players in the test have a lot of experience in that regard.

Historical as stated before, they tend to buff/nerf things radically and sometimes even change abilities drastically and there are no incremental changes in testing. I don't think they listen to testing feedback anymore, especially for pvp. In wow, you see constantly see changes in the ability buffs/nerfs by different values incremental values. It is adjusted if it is over nerfed or buffed based on feedback. I don't really see that much here on the pts even.

It will get interesting. Unlike even simple soul re-hauls done in the past, with the potential of the new soul and SO much brand NEW synergy. It will be interesting for weeks. Even more so as people experiment more with builds and find those sweet spot specs.

A lot of the threads complaining about OP things is mostly based on synergies lining up right. More will be unlocked as we get 10 more points to spent.

I don't know how other souls went, but most the rogues souls has high rank talents that increased the souls potency per point spent in the soul. 1.11, for my calling, really nixed the obligation to fill souls up all the way in all circumstances outside of getting certain abilities. With the passive talents being mostly equalized all at 0pt base levels - that increased synergy potential *a lot*. 60 will only highlight that more.

I say it's fun and it will get better
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-04-2012 at 03:55 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Of course not. It will, in fact, get worse. The imbalances will still exist, but Trion will be even more cash-strapped than before. As a result, they will devote even fewer resources, if that's even possible, to fixing PvP than they have in the past.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1JFwTx6MgT...ust-say-no.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Pilgrim View Post
    Of course not. It will, in fact, get worse. The imbalances will still exist, but Trion will be even more cash-strapped than before. As a result, they will devote even fewer resources, if that's even possible, to fixing PvP than they have in the past.
    Oh, now we are speaking on behalf of Trion's future financial situation?
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

Soulwalker

Go find out for yourself if you can hop on the test server. Today the devs gave out lvl 60 templates and high lvl gear to play in a few wfs. Only lasted for a few hours but it was mentioned they'll try to run some more tomorrow or tues.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast