+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: One last Plea for PVP....

Ascendant

Default One last Plea for PVP....

The problem with PVP is it has no relevance in this game. You need to add arenas, world pvp, ranked warfronts, and give us some reason to play PVP and make it a draw for the game. PVP for 99% of the player base is a thing to do between PVE. It is a gear grind because people want to progress there characters but beyond that it is nothing.

Please add the following:

1) Arena with five players but require representation from each class.
    2) World PVP with keeps and castles guilds can claim and upgrade.
    3) Ranked warfronts with guild teams.
    4) Ranked arena with guild teams.
    5) Make it easier to play with your friend. PVP is about a team and playing together. When you have an army of solo players you get some of the pathetic threads on these forums. Nerf this and that because I want to be superman syndrome.

PVP is about competition. Make pvp a reason to play the game instead of a thing to do when run out of dailies. Make it so guilds can have certain items, cloaks, and titles when ranked a certain level for pvp.
    Make pvp about prestige with titles for the best. There is a huge market of pvp players who would be willing to essentially make content and stick with this game.

Give us a reason to pvp.....

I dont pve..at all and I enjoy pvp just fine.

I also know what guild would own every catagory you just listed, so maybe its not something you want.
    Last edited by IdolizeThis; 11-03-2012 at 06:41 AM.
    IdolizeThis of Wasted Talent <> Im a killer and I usually know my victims so I catch alot of bodies on the homie system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10f2rAzxEF8g

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    The problem with PVP is it has no relevance in this game. You need to add arenas, world pvp, ranked warfronts, and give us some reason to play PVP and make it a draw for the game. PVP for 99% of the player base is a thing to do between PVE. It is a gear grind because people want to progress there characters but beyond that it is nothing.

5) Make it easier to play with your friend. PVP is about a team and playing together. When you have an army of solo players you get some of the pathetic threads on these forums. Nerf this and that because I want to be superman syndrome.

PVP is about competition. Make pvp a reason to play the game instead of a thing to do when run out of dailies. Make it so guilds can have certain items, cloaks, and titles when ranked a certain level for pvp.
    Make pvp about prestige with titles for the best. There is a huge market of pvp players who would be willing to essentially make content and stick with this game.

+1 Majorin
    Fluent

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by IdolizeThis View Post
    I dont pve..at all and I enjoy pvp just fine.
    Good for you but I believe the current PVP content is sorely lacking.

I think of pvp like old school retail. Build it and they will come. Guilds and players will spend hours just to get that top level PVP title. Progression does not have to be just gear. Be creative.

Make PVP more then a few warfronts and gear progression. Give it relevance.

agree +1 maj

Good for you but I believe the current PVP content is sorely lacking.

I think of pvp like old school retail. Build it and they will come. Guilds and players will spend hours just to get that top level PVP title. Progression does not have to be just gear. Be creative.

Make PVP more then a few warfronts and gear progression. Give it relevance.
    Dont get me wrong, i didnt say anything bad about what you listed, infact I support those things. It would be fun to faceroll kids and maybe the diversity of classes on the top of the charts well show people what classes are or arnt OP.
    IdolizeThis of Wasted Talent <> Im a killer and I usually know my victims so I catch alot of bodies on the homie system.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by IdolizeThis View Post
    Dont get me wrong, i didnt say anything bad about what you listed, infact I support those things. It would be fun to faceroll kids and maybe the diversity of classes on the top of the charts well show people what classes are or arnt OP.
    It has nothing to do about a being class being overpowered. The focus of PVP should change from the individual to the group. PVP is about team play.

Also, it does not need to be perfect. It just needs to be there. Content the players can enjoy.

It has nothing to do about a being class being overpowered. The focus of PVP should change from the individual to the group. PVP is about team play.

Also, it does not need to be perfect. It just needs to be there. Content the players can enjoy.
    Im saying it would be a plus, nothing more. Im sure your as tired as everyone else of QQ from WF experiences only. It would be nice to add a variable in pvp competition.

Would it be Guards vs defiants? What about on a PvE server would arenas exist at all? How would it work with cross faction guilds, cross faction groups? Wouldnt work on PvP server.

Rift Disciple

How is arenas relevant to the game? Its a sideshow for OP classes and target dummies. Has nothing to do with the game. And to boot...rating areans? Next thing the wow spwans want is arena exlusive top end gear. Careful what you ask for.

Damn all these wow spawns crying for arenas seriously should play some free old skool trials...ie Daoc, AO, etc before they die in the wind...and come back with a higher MMO IQ.

This arena fantasy will kill some subscriptions if a few get their way...trust me.

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Hashashin View Post
    ...trust me.
    Why ?
    Fluent

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    Why ?
    Cuz I said so

agree +1 Majorin
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Rift Disciple

You must of arena'd a druid at one point:P

But serious...more numbers in pvp class imbalance and premades become less effective. Ask Illuminati guild...when numbers are low in CQ they are monsters...when it's a packed house they are hardly noticed.

Tis why I am a huge fan of mass pvp. PvP should be enjoyed by everyone, not just a select few. 2 many only care about themselves...ya duh we all know that. But I for one enjoy pvp when everyone enjoys it...helps activity and more players to beat the crap out of each other.

Arenas are known for seperating pvp from the game and the general population...unless Trion reinvents the arena with innovative ideas that dont mirrow WoW, then I am all ears. But since Trion does not have pvp as a high priority...I got money down that it would be a WoW clone. NTY.
    Last edited by Hashashin; 11-03-2012 at 08:12 AM.

Plane Touched

I can think of better suggestions such as
    -balancing OP classes
    -PVP progression & useful things to buy with favour
    -some kind of new war fronts
    -random critters in war fronts
    -undo dps and healing nerfs to make PVP fast and fun again
    -fix mages and clerics, Warrior/MM warfronts are gettin old

Quote Originally Posted by Hashashin View Post
    You must of arena'd a druid at one point:P

But serious...more numbers in pvp class imbalance and premades become less effective. Ask Illuminati guild...when numbers are low in CQ they are monsters...when it's a packed house they are hardly noticed.

Tis why I am a huge fan of mass pvp. PvP should be enjoyed by everyone, not just a select few. 2 many only care about themselves...ya duh we all know that. But I for one enjoy pvp when everyone enjoys it...helps activity and more players to beat the crap out of each other.

Arenas are known for seperating pvp from the game and the general population...unless Trion reinvents the arena with innovative ideas that dont mirrow WoW, then I am all ears. But since Trion does not have pvp as a high priority...I got money down that it would be a WoW clone. NTY.
    Sounds like the guy who stands behind all the MM's and Mages and Sanction Heratics my enemy at 5% HP after standing there with his finger up his arse.

I have news for you not everyone enjoys large group pvp and not everyone is going to have fun with it.

no clue how an arena could "seperate population" unless your talking about that bad cleric from above not being able to pull his weight .(so he does conquest instead and enjoys it because mindless AOE spamming = super fun and competitive pvp)
    Last edited by Keota; 11-03-2012 at 08:35 AM.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast