+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 50's PvPing and entry-50 pvpers...

Default 50's PvPing and entry-50 pvpers...

I normally don't contribute much to the thought that things normally need a super-fixing for the fairness of people just entering their 50's/under maximum prestige rank buuuuut....

I think the PvP queues @ 50 need to be grouped in prestige brackets.

Reasons for suggesting this:

---Good flood of new pvpers @ 50/people who don't pvp hardcore.
    ---A good portion of people below P50, heck, below P30 even.
    ---Scaling in pvp matches is horrible. The valor/vengance scaling doesn't take into consideration the gear that the higher P's would have access to.
    ---An example match: Was in runemaster's earlier today, had several on the guardian side hitting for 200-300+ a hit while most of the people on our side were new to pvping or hadn't really geared up much in 50's. Best hit we landed was 20-100 damage a hit. Most likely, if I had bothered to look at it, our overall damage dealt was 30,000-ish over a fight that lasted 5 mins.

The current scaling system makes it rather unfair for entry-level pvpers that don't have gear either from pvp or otherwise, to compete with players w/ 1k+ valor and/or vengance. I'm actually expecting like 5 posts in here to go along the lines of "If you're not at 1K+ valor or the equivalent now, there's something wrong with you", but there's something called new or casual people. xD

How could this be implemented?:

I think the fairest way, which would also include keeping the scaling in place to help even out similar brackets, is to do this:

Separate the prestige ranks into brackets similar to the level ranges. For instance, players in the P1-10 range would fight each other, while players in the P41-49 range would fight each other.
    Last edited by Aysander; 11-02-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Telaran

Is it just me or do we get 4 of these threads a day?

Welcome to the suck.

Enjoy.

More people should post about this over and over until they pay attention. Not only is it rediculous starting 50 PvP with only the basic or no PvP gear against max geared players, it's is also impossible for players of all prestige to properly test out builds with any kind of accuracy.
    Last edited by Anvar; 11-02-2012 at 05:39 PM.

xD Thank you top two people for proving me partially correct at least.

I know that about 10% of the playerbase loves to get that feel-good feeling for taking out someone who's only hitting 20-30's on you, but with new players and new pvpers, you really can't have that. It discourages including everyone in pvp and if you segregate the non-hardcore pvpers, at some point it WILL bite you in the rear as far as queue times go. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aysander View Post
    xD Thank you top two people for proving me partially correct at least.

I know that about 10% of the playerbase loves to get that feel-good feeling for taking out someone who's only hitting 20-30's on you, but with new players and new pvpers, you really can't have that. It discourages including everyone in pvp and if you segregate the non-hardcore pvpers, at some point it WILL bite you in the rear as far as queue times go. lol.
    My friends and I would get a much bigger kick out of beating on each other in a death match vs equally geared and skilled players but woe is us we are left with 5 WF's to q and most of them littered with under geared players. I say you should support the idea of giving max ranked players something competitive to do other then face roll lowbies in Wf'S all day. ei see signature

also with all the new players do your really think that "10% of players" is going to slow que times?
    Zoartype@Deepwood

I expect we will have a solution to the level 50 PvP imbalance and issues facing new level 50 PvPers in about a week and a half.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    I expect we will have a solution to the level 50 PvP imbalance and issues facing new level 50 PvPers in about a week and a half.
    I suspect your expectations are correct.
    Last edited by Bliter; 11-02-2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: for the lulz... not really
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    At least for a couple months.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Telaran

The solution seems to be that r50 gear is now 27k a piece and requires nothing else but being Level (not rank) 50 as per beta.

Seriously raging that this wasn't made public 2 weeks ago when I decided to grind another alt to r50 + gear.

Let's talk about how mindflayers are the most badass badguys ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    Let's talk about how mindflayers are the most badass badguys ever.
    Pinky demons. That moan they make that you can hear rooms away literally gave me a nightmare playing that game when I was like 8.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

probably not gear will be the factor at entry, level 50+, you can be matched with higher levels, with more abilities than you

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Pinky demons. That moan they make that you can hear rooms away literally gave me a nightmare playing that game when I was like 8.
    loud noises, rooms away, might not be exorcism..

It wasnt bad when they were doing ranked warfronts, but now I only see them when Im playing my higher ranked toons like r39-r50. On the other hand, when I play my r10 mage, I never, ever see a ranked warfront. Of course that means Im a snack for r50 players with every peice of pvp gear you can possibly get, but Ive been through it all before and just call it paying my dues. I would guess that there are not enough lower ranked players to fill a wf, and the queue would be 2 hours long is why. Maybe that will change when they start SL and hopefully get more players to work with.

Honestly? How long does it take you to get the first set of gear? A day? Two days?

You're going straight into, what a lot of players had as their third set. 40 ranks is equivelant to old school rank 8 and 3 quarters. Wish they'd call it rank 8 again so there wasn't so much damn whining.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast