Like Tree14Likes
  • 4 Post By Bliter
  • 1 Post By aeio
  • 1 Post By Bliter
  • 5 Post By Charlice
  • 3 Post By Bliter

Thread: Cq 2.0

Default Cq 2.0

So for all of us die hard PvP freaks, Daglar just threw us something to fantasize about, he says they are looking at CQ for SL areas now. That being the case I am throwing out some stuff, a collection of ideas that I think would be important but simple elements.

1. Time Limited Games - 2-4 hours a match. That leaves plenty of time for a few big battles but doesn't get players stuck between choosing to leave and miss the rewards or missing out on raids, dungeons etc. As much as I would like it to be PvP player oriented, the bread and butter of the game are casuals and we have to accomodate them.

2. Game Goals - Not much to change, except make it such that no faction can win by zerg alone. For instance, keep the game deciding cap points in travel neutral points, meaning all factions would need to travel the same distance to cap them from their own spawn. The rest should be in equally divided among the factions but placed close enough to the spawns of the relevant factions such that they can be recaptured relatively easily by respawning players. This would force the factions to divide some if they want to win. As it stands Stillmoor is small enough that one faction can mass up, and steamroll its way around to a win. What I propose is simply make it so that isn't a winning strat. It should make maintaining 25-35% easy for even the most small and undergeared teams. *** This is just one possible way to fix what I see is a problem in CQ right now, one faction dominant while the other two seem to be fodder. Whatever the game objectives, please eliminate that possibility.

3. Map Size - Make it on a big map. The area that looks like Bonmire in the northwest of the SL maps gets my vote.

4. Mobs - The PvE element is widely panned by the PvP folks, but I like how they break up massed factions and give a huge incentive for non-PvP oriented players to come play with us. This time though, spawn them at say half hour intervals so casuals can come and play, do their part and feel good about it. Whether the PvP die hards like it or not, the casual player deserves, and needs to be accomodated in CQ.

5. Vendors - Put drink vendors in, I run out sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Rift Disciple

I think these are some great ideas. Yes, SL certainly does have truly BIG spaces to accommodate some truly epic CQ games.

Ascendant

Say no to time limits.
    Codex + 1 = Suck on a Gun

Quote Originally Posted by aeio View Post
    Say no to time limits.
    I would support no time limits if they change the objectives completely. Destroy a keep to eliminate a faction or something like that for instance. Anything but 8 hours of capping.
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

and please make vote kick stick. or, maybe afk'rs could internally combust? oh and get rid of the pve bonus.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

You know what's funny about CQ is how the community just figures stuff out on its own. The afk people on Oath can be killed by the patient, some folks have figured out how to get to the back of the spawn and range them down. At first I killed them in a fit of Whiteknight anger, how dare they exploit and kill the people in my spawn. Then I realized I wished I could kill those ****ers too.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Plane Touched

RAndom queues too please. Frustrating only one team wins and that queue is always locked

Random queues are oddly something that the devs have said they would not do.

I go back and forth on the issue. Getting stuck on a team full of rabble for instance isn't something I want to happen to me. But at the same time, when I want to kill, I can either wait in a looooooooong que or not do a CQ. Seems like a bunk choice =\
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Random queues are oddly something that the devs have said they would not do.

I go back and forth on the issue. Getting stuck on a team full of rabble for instance isn't something I want to happen to me. But at the same time, when I want to kill, I can either wait in a looooooooong que or not do a CQ. Seems like a bunk choice =\
    I don't understand why they won't.

NF often win on numbers alone. It's hardly fair game.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    You know what's funny about CQ is how the community just figures stuff out on its own. The afk people on Oath can be killed by the patient, some folks have figured out how to get to the back of the spawn and range them down. At first I killed them in a fit of Whiteknight anger, how dare they exploit and kill the people in my spawn. Then I realized I wished I could kill those ****ers too.
    I was asking NF yesterday to zerg the oath spawn just to kill all the afks we all knew were there. Yeah you will eventually die from the turrets but so what? At that point in the match death was meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nargauzius View Post
    I was asking NF yesterday to zerg the oath spawn just to kill all the afks we all knew were there. Yeah you will eventually die from the turrets but so what? At that point in the match death was meaningless.
    Recasting buffs is hard, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nargauzius View Post
    I personally don't know how they do it, but they come up the back side and the turrets don't see them. Trion could throw a turret on the hill to stop it( the hill being the area right behind your back when you spawn in Oath base.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

I've gotten back there. It's not worth doing except for the lols. It is worth zerging the base as NF if oath is just standing there waiting for the game to end.

+ Reply to Thread