+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding purifier nerf, what is this?

Default Regarding purifier nerf, what is this?

Anyone know what this means exactly?

* PvP: Reduced the effectiveness of Purifier absorbs in PvP - basically, 'they don't last as long under fire'.
    I wish Trion would just speak plainly when nerfing an ability. I don't necessarily disagree with the nerf, but I would like to know what it is.

I can only guess. Shield duration is reduced with each hit? The shield collapses after a certain number of hits? Each hit reduces the absorb beyond the actual damage done? Hmmm.

Trion's obfuscate hits you for 100 million

Last, can we have pvp dummies please so we can test this stuff.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Ascendant

It just means shields now have the same reduction in PvP as all other heals do. Which is 40% reduction in effectiveness. Do note the tooltip is misleading when you put up a shield in a warfront/duel. Just look at where the blue bar normally is in non-PvP situations vs. PvP situations and you'll notice it's in effect. ie. If my shield did 5500 before, it's only doing 3300 now.
    Last edited by Adastra; 11-01-2012 at 09:57 AM.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    It just means shields now have the same reduction in PvP as all other heals do. Which is 40% reduction in effectiveness. Do note the tooltip is misleading when you put up a shield in a warfront/duel. Just look at where the blue bar normally is in non-PvP situations vs. PvP situations and you'll notice it's in effect. ie. If my shield did 5500 before, it's only doing 3300 now.
    If that's the case why don't they just say.."purifier shields reduced by %40 in pvp" no reason to be coy with the patch notes it only causes frustration
    Well removing the bull rush from my warriors arsenal of abilities has really pissed me off.
    xugla~

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    Shields already had the same heal reduction as other heals. This nerf further reduces their effectiveness beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth1890 View Post
    Shields already had the same heal reduction as other heals. This nerf further reduces their effectiveness beyond that.
    wrong,shields slipped through the cracks on that,this latest fix just sealed those cracks.
    Well removing the bull rush from my warriors arsenal of abilities has really pissed me off.
    xugla~

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

It is worded oddly because how it actually functions is odd.

What you really care about is this: They now have their effectiveness reduced in a manner much closer to how heals are done for pvp.

As others pointed out, there was an issue where this was not functioning in a similar manner - that is now corrected.

~Daglar

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Nethos View Post
    wrong,shields slipped through the cracks on that,this latest fix just sealed those cracks.
    They were reduced at least some. From what I saw in my tests there seemed to be a vengeance imbalance gain which caused the problem as vengeance-less shields had much closer reduction to vengeance-less heals.
    Last edited by Shoggoth1890; 11-01-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth1890 View Post
    They were reduced at least some. From what I saw in my tests there seemed to be a vengeance imbalance gain which caused the problem as vengeance-less shields had much closer reduction to vengeance-less heals.
    ive had and seen many 8,9,10k shields since 1.11 if thats reduced %40 than LOL
    xugla~

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

What you really care about is this: They now have their effectiveness reduced in a manner much closer to how heals are done for pvp.

As others pointed out, there was an issue where this was not functioning in a similar manner - that is now corrected.

~Daglar
    Thank you for the clarification.
    We still need pvp dummies though
    Last edited by Jeffreys; 11-01-2012 at 11:12 AM.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Thank you for the clarification.
    We still need pvp dummies though
    PVP Dummies are found in Conquest...your must use your own definition of dummies to come up with solutions sometimes ;)
    I hold everyone back!!!
    Hijati-60 Cleric, Hijitity-60 Warrior, Britania-60 Mage, Lizvana-60 Rogue
    Grim Awakening 2/4
    Frozen Tempest- 4/4 Endless Eclipse 5/5

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

~Daglar
    So how about some transparency in patch notes?

Just saying it was changed is not useful. Saying how it was changed is. "Reducing effectiveness in pvp" is an utterly useless statement. "Reducing shields by 40% in pvp" is a useful statement.

Ideally we'd have the exact formula change to depict exactly how it was changed. We don't need why. We need how.

Made it back just in time to enjoy tears.

Some of you need to read your own sig.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Made it back just in time to enjoy tears.

Some of you need to read your own sig.

- Vybz
    Good job on not reading why the thread was made nor what it was about.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    Good job on not reading why the thread was made nor what it was about.
    Hi there. Your butt must be hurting for some reason.

Back on topic- ever since this game was launched blue bars, more specifically Clerics, have cried rivers every time they were nerfed. It must be because they cannot hop around while spam healing themselves and their team mates all while tanking dps.

But I am sure you do not do that though, right?

OH yeah! Daglar was nice enough to even give you a response.

Unfortunately that response was not good enough for you.

Carry on.

- Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 11-03-2012 at 08:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Hi there. Your butt must be hurting for some reason.

Back on topic- ever since this game was launched blue bars, more specifically Clerics, have cried rivers every time they were nerfed. It must be because they cannot hop around while spam healing themselves and their team mates all while tanking dps.

But I am sure you do not do that though, right?

Carry on.

- Vybz
    No, like, did you even read the first post in this thread?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast