+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Conquest Universal?

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,459

    Default Conquest Universal?

    So I am not a PVP guy at all... Never played it in any MMO i've ever been on. The furthest I have come to PVP is League of Legends.

    That being said the buffs from conquest are pretty OP... with PA being account bound, why not Conquest buffs? I understand some people love PVP... I don't and to have to grind out those conquest points on all 4 of my characters is just annoying for me. I hate it. It is a horrible grind to me...


    Que the trolls

  2. #2
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Xillean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    So I am not a PVP guy at all... Never played it in any MMO i've ever been on. The furthest I have come to PVP is League of Legends.

    That being said the buffs from conquest are pretty OP... with PA being account bound, why not Conquest buffs? I understand some people love PVP... I don't and to have to grind out those conquest points on all 4 of my characters is just annoying for me. I hate it. It is a horrible grind to me...


    Que the trolls
    Conquest power is far easier to cap then it would be to grind a toons pa from 0 to max. As far as the buffs go its already been posted on the Beta forums they were changed to flat amounts instead of percents. Sure most will still want them, but really I have never found it hard to get maxed on conquest power and I have 3 r50's and a r20 I play actively. Now saying all that yes I understand how pver's feel and how they loath being forced to grinding conquest for the perks and I think it would be nice if they gave something similar pve related for you guys to grind that did the same thing but does not stack with conquest perks so you have a pve related way to get the same kind of boost.

    I am against any part of the player base feeling forced to do something they dont want to, and I know many will say then dont do it its not that much. Pver's like to have every advantage available to them just like a pvper does for their content, to which you may say they can suck up and deal with conquest but that's unfair to them just as it was unfair for us to have to deal with their raid gear in our pvp which by and large has been dealt with for Storm Legion.

    The main reason I think they dont make the conquest only work for pvp related things or make it account bound is they want as many people in the conquest as possible to keep them going, this is just my opinion and I could wrong. It is also possible for reasons we do not know that its not as easy as we think for them to make it account bound, or to disable the perks for pve as Daglar has already stated that even making the factions randomly assigned would affect other parts of the game and he doesn't want to go there right now.

    tl:dr I feel your pain but doubt we will be seeing anything done about this before storm legion launch and probably not until the first update for SL if they do anything at all about it.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    Conquest power is far easier to cap then it would be to grind a toons pa from 0 to max. As far as the buffs go its already been posted on the Beta forums they were changed to flat amounts instead of percents. Sure most will still want them, but really I have never found it hard to get maxed on conquest power and I have 3 r50's and a r20 I play actively. Now saying all that yes I understand how pver's feel and how they loath being forced to grinding conquest for the perks and I think it would be nice if they gave something similar pve related for you guys to grind that did the same thing but does not stack with conquest perks so you have a pve related way to get the same kind of boost.

    I am against any part of the player base feeling forced to do something they dont want to, and I know many will say then dont do it its not that much. Pver's like to have every advantage available to them just like a pvper does for their content, to which you may say they can suck up and deal with conquest but that's unfair to them just as it was unfair for us to have to deal with their raid gear in our pvp which by and large has been dealt with for Storm Legion.

    The main reason I think they dont make the conquest only work for pvp related things or make it account bound is they want as many people in the conquest as possible to keep them going, this is just my opinion and I could wrong. It is also possible for reasons we do not know that its not as easy as we think for them to make it account bound, or to disable the perks for pve as Daglar has already stated that even making the factions randomly assigned would affect other parts of the game and he doesn't want to go there right now.

    tl:dr I feel your pain but doubt we will be seeing anything done about this before storm legion launch and probably not until the first update for SL if they do anything at all about it.
    I think your completely right in that regard as to why its not account bound, but yes I do wish that there were a non PVP way to get these same buffs... I have most of it on my mage and to maintain the buffs is fine, I can tolerate that but to get my new 50 rogue maxed is really irritating.

    PA for me is different because I can grind that out unintentionally. That works perfect for me cuz I don't have to worry about it.

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    92

    Default

    It would be nice if all of this excess CQ points and unseen rep was converted into something useful, like favor... or rep for other pvp factions, or even flat XP.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    I hover around 80k Conquest Power. It's good enough for me -- I don't have the interest or see a need to grind out the rest, especially since I find Conquest as it's being played by this community patently unfun.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  6. #6
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    I got 200k cq power at ZR~

    z0mg!
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-31-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  7. #7
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    I agree with OP, i however like PVP. The problem for me is Conquest is the only grind in the game that i cant take. I have around 60k power and will never go in conquest again now that i got my trinket and crystal. I am praying that its no required for SL to get BIS items. The extra bonuses would obvisoulsy help me but i play a game to have fun and conquest just isnt fun. I wish you could get these rewards by winning wfs or something along that line instead of a mindless pve zergfest

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    I agree with OP, i however like PVP. The problem for me is Conquest is the only grind in the game that i cant take. I have around 60k power and will never go in conquest again now that i got my trinket and crystal. I am praying that its no required for SL to get BIS items. The extra bonuses would obvisoulsy help me but i play a game to have fun and conquest just isnt fun. I wish you could get these rewards by winning wfs or something along that line instead of a mindless pve zergfest
    Lol this isn't a PVE zergfest... Its a PVPVE zergfest

    That being said, I would like to see a separation between PVP and PVE with Conquest... PVP gear should be gotten from PVP and PVE gear should be gotten from PVE. I don't like BIS trinkets having valor on them or being gotten from PVPing enough. I don't like being required to have stat bonuses by PVPing to be considered above others for progression raiding. This is truely my only gripe with the game.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    233

    Default

    if there was a 6% or whatever incentive to running round sanctum 1000 times people would do it...

    Unfortunately, the fact Conquest sucks is why people are complaining... back in the day when prestige was a grind I don't remember people complaining about warfronts because they were actually pretty fun..

  10. #10
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    seriously? how about instead of that your sub also pays for someone else to play your toon?

    stupidest idea ever was to let PA go account wide. now the floodgates are open for the 'give me more for nothing' brigade.

    the CQ bonus needs to go. no wonder CQ has turned to crap, just stay out of it.


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by styl View Post
    if there was a 6% or whatever incentive to running round sanctum 1000 times people would do it...

    Unfortunately, the fact Conquest sucks is why people are complaining... back in the day when prestige was a grind I don't remember people complaining about warfronts because they were actually pretty fun..
    I can't attest to that. You are right than anything that is boring will be QQ'd on the forums. Thats not what my post is. I am looking for a pve "boring grind" to get the same results without being forced to PVP. I don't do warfronts or any of that jazz cuz i really don't enjoy pvp in any mmo i've played.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Bliter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    seriously? how about instead of that your sub also pays for someone else to play your toon?

    stupidest idea ever was to let PA go account wide. now the floodgates are open for the 'give me more for nothing' brigade.

    the CQ bonus needs to go. no wonder CQ has turned to crap, just stay out of it.
    The PA account wide thing was a gimme, I think to let the nubs catch up to the high time players. When the average account gets closer to max I think they will open the third tier and we return to individual earnings. Just my guesses, got no facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    seriously? how about instead of that your sub also pays for someone else to play your toon?

    stupidest idea ever was to let PA go account wide. now the floodgates are open for the 'give me more for nothing' brigade.

    the CQ bonus needs to go. no wonder CQ has turned to crap, just stay out of it.
    The 'Give me more for nothing' mentality was never mentioned anywhere. My mention to account bound CQ bonuses would imply I did something for it correct? Yes. As for my main gripe, go read it again and try to figure out what I said...


    I WANT A PVE ALTERNATIVE TO CQ BONUSES BECAUSE I HATE PVP

    caps and bold so maybe you get the idea

  14. #14
    Ascendant Bliter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    @reticul, I like your idea about an alternative way to get the boost for PvE. Maybe it would get the deadwood out of our CQs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    I WANT A PVE ALTERNATIVE TO CQ BONUSES BECAUSE I HATE PVP
    I want a PvP alternative to CQ bonuses because I hate PvE.

    P.S. Mine reflects reality.
    Last edited by Kyera; 10-31-2012 at 05:44 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts