Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Next on the docket: Nerf Marksman

Default Next on the docket: Nerf Marksman

Please and ty.

Regards,

Keirsti
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

I'm an OP rogue and I support this message.

Empowered Shot hits for too much, at the very least.
    ~Quiescent

I wouldn't be so annoying by rogues if I had a snare.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I'm an OP rogue and I support this message.

Empowered Shot hits for too much, at the very least.
    What spec are most of the PVP MM's running now? They don't seem ridiculously OP to me but they do seem to have a lot of CC available to them. Are they spec'ing into some sub soul that grants snares and such? Right now, a good marksman that doesn't want to be caught, won't be. Not sure, but they seem to have insane kiting tools. Just curious if my perception is reality.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanX View Post
    What spec are most of the PVP MM's running now? They don't seem ridiculously OP to me but they do seem to have a lot of CC available to them. Are they spec'ing into some sub soul that grants snares and such? Right now, a good marksman that doesn't want to be caught, won't be. Not sure, but they seem to have insane kiting tools. Just curious if my perception is reality.
    I spend most of my time in MM/BD. I often find myself with 40-60% of my team's DBs. True story. :/
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

There isn't really a universal spec, I have four very different ones right now. But much like it has always been, anyone invested heavily into MM has way more kiting tools than they need. In fact, between Hasted Shot and Swift Shot stacking, Crossfire no longer being garbage, and Improved Static Shot, I would say MMs are even better than they were pre-1.11, in terms of both raw damage and kiting.
    ~Quiescent

Talented Static Shot doesn't break on damage and Swift Shot is base 15% speed increase for a duration, with Hasted being base 20% increase. Also, Archer doesn't compel you to stand still anymore.

Other than that, I don't think MM itself has changed a lot in the CC department. It always had a lot to kite with.

(I'm no expert rogue though)

But yeah, MM does need a nerf of some kind.

Soulwalker

So Nerf MM? why lmao its the assassins with to much DPS and the MM finisher? you cry on that yet all the warriors spec into tank and have OMG HP and DEF its crazy! But that's not the bad the Clerics DMG will 1v1 a warrior any day if you know how to play. SAB 2 button macro puts me in the total DMG in WF about 370K to 400K in crap gear. So lets Nerf every class till your class is OP then I can post a Lie like most of you and say Yes I to play this class and its bad I have to much DMG shut up stop crying get over the fact that you cant solo kill all classes I am MM and I do get beat to hell when a warrior that says hay I have 2 gap clossers and well OK today I will use them and 3 skill kill that filthy rouge. or a heals/DPS cleric can put 5 bleeds on me self heal and do nothing but keep heals up and bleeds and I die So before you point at a MM to be OP we already lost a lot. no I have 1 CC and on warrior I get immune to CC when I shoot them a lot most don't even pop a CC breaker for the 4 sec CC its a snare not a stun. and I can run fast with skills because they took my Slow CC away. So remember this if you keep asking for classes to get Nerf-ed that you don't like they will see us all saying Nerf this and that then you can promise they will fill free to throw out Nerf s all the time when we ask for them all the time! In other word becarfull what you ask for or you class will be next again and again.

^ Guy who doesn't know that I play a MM accusing me of QQing.

Reading: optional.

Don't nerf the MM. Respect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cashem View Post
    you cry on that yet all the warriors spec into tank and have OMG HP and DEF its crazy!
    and are doing crap damage. Learn to tab target also rogues are officially in a better place then mages and warriors.

OP is a rogue openly admitting it needs a nerf as well as other very respectable rogues.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    and are doing crap damage. Learn to tab target also rogues are officially in a better place then mages and warriors.

OP is a rogue openly admitting it needs a nerf as well as other very respectable rogues.
    Whoa whoa whoa, don't take this too far, Zoar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa, don't take this too far, Zoar.
    what did I do? Lol besides clown a dummy.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    There isn't really a universal spec, I have four very different ones right now. But much like it has always been, anyone invested heavily into MM has way more kiting tools than they need. In fact, between Hasted Shot and Swift Shot stacking, Crossfire no longer being garbage, and Improved Static Shot, I would say MMs are even better than they were pre-1.11, in terms of both raw damage and kiting.
    /agreed.
    I really had a hard time kiting pre 1.11, it was so bad I preferred to use cover to start fights then kited only when I had to. SS and HS work super nice in a PvP bard build too. I specced totally out of blink barding and man what a difference, big heals and much more fun to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    ^ Guy who doesn't know that I play a MM accusing me of QQing.

Reading: optional.
    wtb sense of humor/irony for charitable donations to your new fan K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast